The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] SHUTOUT=MATTHEWS #TANKON

numb3r 16

Webkowski  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Except Vancouver is a far different city now.  Way different fans.  Just don't see this bunch of fans supporting the team for that many losses.

The fans didn't exactly fill the Colloseum during those years either.  :(

11 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

I know this is random but I had a dream that max pacioretty was on waivers

I had a dream that I went to KFC because for that particular day you could get bucket of chicken with gravy and cheese in the bucket with the chicken. It was called chicken poutine. The lineup was around the block. 

3 hours ago, clam linguine said:

I didn't know there was a generic catalogue of rebuild plans. Oilers fans were expecting playoffs this year for the first time in a long time. If they make it next year, it will be a year behind schedule.  Crrrrraaaaaazzzzy!!!!!! lmao

Lol oilers fans have been saying " this is our year to make the playoffs" for 5 years!  Give it up, a rebuild shouldn't take 10 years to get you in the playoffs.. Maybe to be a cup contender but this rebuild for Edmonton has been going on forever! And still bottom of the barrel. Try using facts in your posts it helps discussions stay on track ;) 

1 minute ago, Kungfudru said:

We need all the help we can get:)  Cool pick btw. 

You can't see me in the picture, being alien and all I can be invisible as needed to protect my identity, but my shadow is to the right.  Or is that left?  I always get those two mixed up! :blink:

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Are you saying our GM - Jim "I'm real good" Bennng is sabotaging our team?  

He's definitely not helping the cause, but by all means, im happy with the current direction so im not disappointed. Only thing that bothers me is that we have a team full of youngsters who are not showing much of anything. 

1 minute ago, Shaelon said:

He's definitely not helping the cause, but by all means, im happy with the current direction so im not disappointed. Only thing that bothers me is that we have a team full of youngsters who are not showing much of anything. 

Our veterans aren't showing a heck of a lot either:(

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Personally I'd say he's saying that the youth need to play better which is true but also, just because of the youth in the lineup that doesn't excuse the vets to be struggling as well. 

It's not quite as black and white blaming the young guys if you look at the whole comment. 

McCann has struggled, Hutton has had a bad string of games, Tryamkin is adjusting, Bo has been up and down Virtanen has been inconsistent, but improving. 

As for the vets Burrows has had a bad year, Hamhuis has struggled before and after injuries, Edler has been average at times Higgins was sent to Utica.

I find it funny how the Sedins speak out and get heavily criticized for it, yet when Naslund was captain all we ever got around here was whining about how he never said anything...

It's not so much what they say as it is where they say it.  We don't know what Naslund said because he didn't say it publicly.  The recent trend for Daniel and Hank to make comments publicly about the level of effort, particularly of the kids, is a strategy I think is counter-productive.

Your reference regarding Naslund would seem to support my position.  Leaders lead and say what they have to in the room.

Another example is in the 2011  run where we had Chicago down 3-0 in games.  Toews was emotional and extremely upset with his team but all his statements referred to "we" as in "we need to be better"; "we haven't played well enough"; "we haven't exposed them for what they are".  Obviously some players weren't bringing it but he never isolated anyone on the team. 

I am not a fan of the recent comments that hang certain players out to dry.  It seems to me the vets are pointing the finger at the kids which will only serve to create a separation in the dressing room and do little to build the new team identity. 

As for the twins themselves...they have failed to get points in 4 of the last 5 games.   The Twins are our #1 PP unit and still, have not been able to get points.  They get preferred O-zone starts while Bo is left to do the d-zone lifting and shut down work.  Blaming the kids is mis-directed. 

I think Benning will do fine in the draft - the man is a good scout and has an eye for talent(for the most part) I thought Granland  could show some potential? Etem - not liking what I see there - the Russian kids - maybe  - but then you check out Demko and Boeser and Baer and they look ever so promising - give it all time .  I also believe like some on here that we would have been a playoff team(not so sure how far) if we hadn't had all the injuries. It sure changed things in a hurry.

I have as much faith in Benning and Linden as I did for Gilles - you can scream about the lack of trades and managing assets - you saw what happened with the garage sale 7 - if we don't want them  why would any other team in the league. We have a  handful of NTC "s and you can't do a whole lot about them - remember - Benning didn't hand all those out.

So I sit back and watch the process and hope for the best - the one thing I do know for certain - Benning and Linden know a lot more then I do about hockey!

8 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

I think Benning will do fine in the draft - the man is a good scout and has an eye for talent(for the most part) I thought Granland  could show some potential? Etem - not liking what I see there - the Russian kids - maybe  - but then you check out Demko and Boeser and Baer and they look ever so promising - give it all time .  I also believe like some on here that we would have been a playoff team(not so sure how far) if we hadn't had all the injuries. It sure changed things in a hurry.

I have as much faith in Benning and Linden as I did for Gilles - you can scream about the lack of trades and managing assets - you saw what happened with the garage sale 7 - if we don't want them  why would any other team in the league. We have a  handful of NTC "s and you can't do a whole lot about them - remember - Benning didn't hand all those out.

So I sit back and watch the process and hope for the best - the one thing I do know for certain - Benning and Linden know a lot more then I do about hockey!

Vey, Bartkowski, Prust, Cracknell - 4 of the 7 "garage sale 7" brought in by Benning. 

Weber - re-signed by Benning.

Higgins - 43 points but a glue guy so let's hold on to him until he is valueless due to regression and injury.

Kenins - who cares he is useless no one ever wanted him most likely.

The real question is why did our GM bring in or keep these players anyway? Why did they have value to him?

41 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Vey, Bartkowski, Prust, Cracknell - 4 of the 7 "garage sale 7" brought in by Benning. 

Weber - re-signed by Benning.

Higgins - 43 points but a glue guy so let's hold on to him until he is valueless due to regression and injury.

Kenins - who cares he is useless no one ever wanted him most likely.

The real question is why did our GM bring in or keep these players anyway? Why did they have value to him?

1) All four of those players were role players that filled in. They're not game changers - merely to fill depth. They all produced on some level this season, especially due to injuries.

2) Weber had a career high goal/assist season.. You'd be a moron not to sign him for a 1 year deal, which is exactly what happened. Things didn't work out obviously.

3) Higgins - No one could've foreseen him decline like this so fast.

4) Kenins - showed a lot of hustle and youth during his time. Roster didn't have space for him and when he did, he could not produce.

Sometimes things don't work out. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived