Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest

'Proposal' Hamonic Offseason

Recommended Posts

Guest

Hey guys, this is my first post so go easy on me. 

 

If we win the lottery, then we have great centre depth for years to come with Matthews, Sedin, Horvat, Granlund, Vey, Sutter, McCann, etc. Our most pressing need is a right shot defenseman. I honestly love McCann and I think he will be great, but with our centre depth he may not even fit for 2-3 years. So, could we trade Chris Tanev, Jared McCann for Travis Hamonic and a 2016 second? 

 

I think that this makes sense because Garth Snow has said that he wants a defender to fill the spot left by Travis and Tanev is in his prime. Hamonic is a young man and he could be very capable in the upcoming years when we end our rebuild or retool or whatever they call it. McCann gives their farm team some extra centre depth and after a year the Islanders would call him up. With our second we select Sean Day, with the Islanders second we select Ty Ronning. How does this sound?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how does thius sound? It soulds like you believe that Garth Snow works for the Canucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

how does thius sound? It soulds like you believe that Garth Snow works for the Canucks.

Care to elaborate?

Why do you think that I believe that the gm of an NHL team in Brooklyn be working for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to developing our own number one picks?  The last 1st rounder we turned into a long-term asset was Kesler.  Schneider could have been, but then Gillis happened to this franchise.  :Let's not repeat the mistakes of that imbecile and actually keep some of our top prospects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Our top need is a good defenseman.

We are keeping our prospects. All except McCann. Would you rather Hamonic or McCann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Our top need is a good defenseman

We have so many holes that we have several needs.  Tanev is also a good defenseman.  Hamonic's better, but there's no need to sacrifice a good prospect for an upgrade while we're rebuilding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

We need help in the future. They need help now. This helps both teams needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stamkos said:

We need help in the future. They need help now. This helps both teams needs.

No, it gives them help in the future and makes us slightly better now.  This hurts us for the future.  Gillis left the team in a really bad state and it's going to take at least a couple more years before this team's ready to compete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stamkos said:

Hey guys, this is my first post so go easy on me. 

 

If we win the lottery, then we have great centre depth for years to come with Matthews, Sedin, Horvat, Granlund, Vey, Sutter, McCann, etc. Our most pressing need is a right shot defenseman. I honestly love McCann and I think he will be great, but with our centre depth he may not even fit for 2-3 years. So, could we trade Chris Tanev, Jared McCann for Travis Hamonic and a 2016 second? 

 

I think that this makes sense because Garth Snow has said that he wants a defender to fill the spot left by Travis and Tanev is in his prime. Hamonic is a young man and he could be very capable in the upcoming years when we end our rebuild or retool or whatever they call it. McCann gives their farm team some extra centre depth and after a year the Islanders would call him up. With our second we select Sean Day, with the Islanders second we select Ty Ronning. How does this sound?

The thing is, the Canucks are short on RHD.  So trading a RHD for another RHD even though he is an upgrade, still leaves them with a problem.  The Canucks don't have a young LHD who is good enough for Snow imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamonic is a slight upgrade over tanev, McCann should be used in a package for a player with more elite potential. 

 

IE Drouin for McCann etc....High end offensive talent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Our top need is a good defenseman.

We are keeping our prospects. All except McCann. Would you rather Hamonic or McCann

McCann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Hey guys, this is my first post so go easy on me. 

 

If we win the lottery, then we have great centre depth for years to come with Matthews, Sedin, Horvat, Granlund, Vey, Sutter, McCann, etc. Our most pressing need is a right shot defenseman. I honestly love McCann and I think he will be great, but with our centre depth he may not even fit for 2-3 years. So, could we trade Chris Tanev, Jared McCann for Travis Hamonic and a 2016 second? 

 

I think that this makes sense because Garth Snow has said that he wants a defender to fill the spot left by Travis and Tanev is in his prime. Hamonic is a young man and he could be very capable in the upcoming years when we end our rebuild or retool or whatever they call it. McCann gives their farm team some extra centre depth and after a year the Islanders would call him up. With our second we select Sean Day, with the Islanders second we select Ty Ronning. How does this sound?

You make them sound like they are 3-4 years apart... Tanev is 1 year older... I have know clue why people are so high on this guy... we don't need defence we need offence preferably a defender that can provide that.

 

Hamonic has 21 points in 70 games... Tanev has 17 points in 63 games... This does not sound like much of an upgrade specifically if your tossing in McCann for a 2nd randomly... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, goblix said:

You make them sound like they are 3-4 years apart... Tanev is 1 year older... I have know clue why people are so high on this guy... we don't need defence we need offence preferably a defender that can provide that.

 

Hamonic has 21 points in 70 games... Tanev has 17 points in 63 games... This does not sound like much of an upgrade specifically if your tossing in McCann for a 2nd randomly... 

What I was thinking is that the value would be better with McCann.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stamkos said:

What I was thinking is that the value would be better with McCann.

Yeah, what I'm saying is that Tanev and Hamonic are virtually equal, maybe Hamonic as a bit more valuable

McCann wouldn't be a piece of that trade :sick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, goblix said:

Yeah, what I'm saying is that Tanev and Hamonic are virtually equal, maybe Hamonic as a bit more valuable

McCann wouldn't be a piece of that trade :sick:

Got it. a little graphic thougj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.