The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MLB 16 The Show

Gstank29

Easily the best sports game out there.  I know baseball is the easiest sports to translate to vidya game but they go all out.  The commentary is spot on, how they'll talk about a batter then pause for the pitch and continue on just like real life.  Hey EA, get a pen and paper ready to take notes on how it's done.

Just now, Gstank29 said:

But half the superstars in the league aren't in that game, literally

True. I really need to upgrade. Looking at the trailers and gameplay videos of this game, they have made so many big changes. Meanwhile, in the NHL series, NHL 16 still feels like we're playing NHL 09 with 7 different patches, and not really major drastic changes. They are really, really behind.

21 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

True. I really need to upgrade. Looking at the trailers and gameplay videos of this game, they have made so many big changes. Meanwhile, in the NHL series, NHL 16 still feels like we're playing NHL 09 with 7 different patches, and not really major drastic changes. They are really, really behind.

Once I skipped NHL 15 and got out of the habit of purchasing every single EA game, I'm at the point where I don't even care about the NHL series anymore. Going from purchasing the first one in 1991 to just not caring anymore is quite a leap. They must know that they've reached a point with the on-ice gameplay where they won't be making any major leap for quite some time. The gameplay is terrific, but everything is plays like it's been left to someone who has no soul.

For anyone who is wonder what the rewards are for completing the challenges

My Lineup

Legend Suzuki

Panik

Correa

Rizzo

Bryant

Gomez

Herrera (CF)

Perez

Schwaber

Mauer

Ellsbury

Dickerson

Seager (Dodgers)

Stroman

FB Pineda

Wacha

McCullers

Sanchez

Capps

Osuna

Garcia (dodgers)

Chapman

FB Sale

Rosenthal

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 6.05.04 PM.png

On March 30, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Tre Mac said:

Yeah any new additions to RTTS?

Show time is a cool addition. I only use it for stealing bases though. The new throwing interface takes time to get the hang of. I literally play a series (4-5 games in the minors) in 10 mins, no need to go back to the main screen, can just advance to next game.

7 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Show time is a cool addition. I only use it for stealing bases though. The new throwing interface takes time to get the hang of. I literally play a series (4-5 games in the minors) in 10 mins, no need to go back to the main screen, can just advance to next game.

What is show time? I tried using it pitching and it does nothing

I love how you can play this game on multiple accounts, take note EA.

Showtime is a cool feature, so far I made a CP, SP, and a CF but haven't had any time to play it yet beyond the scouting.  Sucks you have to put points into the desired attribute and equipment bonuses do not count.  My pitchers have +32 K/9 in equipment bonuses but to get the last showtime perk you have to bump the k/9 to 95.

Anywhoo if you have a ps4 and and even the slightest like of baseball I strongly urge you to get it.  Its truly is the best overall sports game out there.

30 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

So question for people who have played both 15 and 16: 

Is it worth the extra $40 to get 16 over 15?  

I'm a casual baseball fan so the roster changes are a non-issue.  Just wondering if there is that big of an upgrade between the two.

I only play RTTS and they did add a scouting combine where you throw pitches and try to raise your draft stock.  They also added a showtime feature which appears to give your player enhancements like throwing the next pitch a strike, or giving you energy everytime to k a batter.  Other than that it's a roster upgrade.  Keep in mind you can continue your RTTS player from last year but it'll be the same rosters.

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

So question for people who have played both 15 and 16: 

Is it worth the extra $40 to get 16 over 15?  

I'm a casual baseball fan so the roster changes are a non-issue.  Just wondering if there is that big of an upgrade between the two.

I mean it's your money and at the end of the day your decision. I'm not a diamond dynasty guy, but a Franchise/RTTS guy, so I can't really say if it is worth the investment from that POV. I would say that it would be for those two modes

Archived