The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MLB 16 The Show

Gstank29

1 hour ago, 87Crosby said:

I have it but I don't know what to really do now. How are you guys already in the majors. I play in AA as a SS, 'm hitting .364 and consistently the best hitter on my team. Best way to grind?

For SS I bet fielding is just as important.  Put points into Contact, Fielding/Reaction, Arm and Speed but make sure to make multiple saves because even though you can adjust AI trading you'll get traded quite a bit if your team is in the hunt for the playoffs as they try to unload prospects to beef up rosters.  Then once you make the big leagues you can just sim if you like just make a couple of saves.  I have a CF with Colorado where I just sim entire seasons, just top up each stat every 50days and your player will skyrocket up.  Durability is vital.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 3/30/2016 at 0:35 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Still rocking and playing my MLB 09 The Show. B)

Just catching up on this haha a year later but I rock MLB 13 the show, also playing and figuring out MLB 15 the show finally, MLB 13 almost too arcade like in comparison, although I love that game, hands down favorite, hitting homers in each park is really damn cool.  Trying to get my hands on MLB 16 for PS3, alas I bought the XBOX 1 and all they have is RBI baseball which sucks ass in comparison.  

11 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

I am going to watch this LOL right now

here's the game. It hurts watching this because I have gotten so much better at this game due to large amounts of free time over the summer. My record is like 280-160 now. However, I just got The Show 17.

38 minutes ago, -Stammer- said:

here's the game. It hurts watching this because I have gotten so much better at this game due to large amounts of free time over the summer. My record is like 280-160 now. However, I just got The Show 17.

Watching that made want to go play it haha, haven't played online just RTTS, and with friends when they come over.  Yeah when I first played I would swing at everything and strike out early.  Over time though reading pitches gets easier, that dude would have panicked if you didn't swing when he threw ball after ball though hey, you would have so many walks and he would Crack under pressure haha.  Such a good looking game.

2 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

I wish EA could make a NHL game that was even half as good as 2k makes The Show.

Yeah no doubt, 2k makes NBA2k which is just as good, I think Sony(SIE San Diego) makes MLB the Show.  I wish they would make a hockey game, they wouldn't even need licencing if they did an online league like EASHL.

3 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Without a doubt the best sports game I have ever played.  I wish EA could make a NHL game that was even half as good as 2k makes The Show.

Just downloaded 17 and it should be ready for me to start playing later today.  Pumped.

I got it last week. Friggin awesome game

Still haven't played this yet but after reading the improvements I'll hit it up this weekend. 

For those that play RTTS, what position/team do you guys like playing?  I always play two different players - one a CF for the Giants, and the other a starting pitcher that goes thru the draft.  One thing I loved about last year was it was easier to strike out batters as a pitcher.  Not going to lie, going to spend some real cash to juice up my CF though I guess we all get 11000 stubs to play withB)

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Still haven't played this yet but after reading the improvements I'll hit it up this weekend. 

For those that play RTTS, what position/team do you guys like playing?  I always play two different players - one a CF for the Giants, and the other a starting pitcher that goes thru the draft.  One thing I loved about last year was it was easier to strike out batters as a pitcher.  Not going to lie, going to spend some real cash to juice up my CF though I guess we all get 11000 stubs to play withB)

I always enter the draft, it makes it more entertaining/more of a challenge. I am usually a SS and secondary 2nd base, because once a Middle infielder always a middle infielder. I wouldn't spend your stubs on RTTS, its not worth it. I found it pretty easy to level up, I am already a 78 overall and have only spent maybe 10 hours play rtts

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

In 16 I had 2 files that I played primarily.  I always go through the draft, and then would sign with the team that I really wanted to be with after I was eligible to hit Free Agency.

I started with a speedy contact hitting CF, got drafted by the Brewers and after about 8 seasons with 3 or 4 MVPS and only making the playoffs once I jumped ship to play for the Jays.

My 2nd file was a 5-tool SS who got drafted by the Pirates.  I liked the team they had so I stuck around for about 10 seasons before jumping over to the Giants.  I actually got up to my age 34 season on that file, which is probably as far as I've ever made it on a Be a Pro style file.

I also had a 3rd file where I was slowish slugging C and got drafted by the Phillies, but got traded to the Seattle before I ever played a game in the Show.  I would play a couple games here and there but got bored pretty quickly.  Mostly just because it was boring as heck to be a slug on the base paths.

I started 17 as another 5-tool SS and got drafted by the Braves.  They tried to turn me into a 2nd baseman, but I said I didn't want to change.  I'm still stewing in AA as of now, and I by the sounds of some of the dialogue that is coming up I will probably get traded somewhere else.  My plan is to jump ship for either the Giants or Jays once I can.

18 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I wouldn't spend your stubs on RTTS, its not worth it.

Perhaps, but it's the only mode I play.  I did mess around a bit with the auction last year but I don't play Diamond Dynasty or their Ultimate team equivalent.

16 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Perhaps, but it's the only mode I play.  I did mess around a bit with the auction last year but I don't play Diamond Dynasty or their Ultimate team equivalent.

I don't really play DD either, but I find Battle Royale so much fun. Drafting a team with stars and past legends, then playing quick 3 inning games. A lot of fun.

I am Franchise guy all the way though. Still waiting for Operation sports to release their Full Minor league rosters

How long did it take you all to not swing away at everything LOL?  I bought this game on a whim from EB used, and the game was MLB12, I was horrible, I swung at everything, pissed me off more than anything.  I didn't really follow baseball on tv or anything, then I started to watch and followed the game more closely, it helped with the batting in game as well.  Never looked back.

Archived