The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carolina moving to Quebec?

There are so many rumors right now that the Hurricanes are going to move to Quebec city (where I live). Three different reporters have stated today that the hurricanes are going to move at the end of the season. Plus, many sources have confirmed that Karmanos (Carolina owner) was in town last week.

And now here's the latest new : 

A Qc city local journalist just mentioned that the NHL upgrades to the new rink include painting the NHL players room to a Nordiques blue

Quebecor has stated numerous times that the player room would not be painted until we got our team.

Can't wait to see if it's true. And Carolina last game is against the Habs :-) 

12 minutes ago, pouetance said:

There are so many rumors right now that the Hurricanes are going to move to Quebec city (where I live). Three different reporters have stated today that the hurricanes are going to move at the end of the season. Plus, many sources have confirmed that Karmanos (Carolina owner) was in town last week.

And now here's the latest new : 

Quebecor has stated numerous times that the player room would not be painted until we got our team.

Can't wait to see if it's true. And the Carolina last game is against the Habs :-) 

Karmanos goes often to Quebec for poutin, and beaver tail. :lol:

If true, I feel sorry for the Hurricanes fans. They have a large fanbase but their attendance isn't showing because the team is bad. That just happens for a market who's sport is football first. I fear this will what happen to this market due to fairweather fans.

This would be win - win for everybody. Carolina has always been in the bottom 5 in terms of attendance, but they are also an Eastern Conference team already so moving them to Quebec wouldn't upset the balance between East and West, as opposed to moving the Yotes.

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

If true, I feel sorry for the Hurricanes fans. They have a large fanbase but their attendance isn't showing because the team is bad. That just happens for a market who's sport is football first. I fear this will what happen to this market due to fairweather fans.

Yes... all 827 fans.

Finally.

2 hours ago, Crimson-JH said:

Wow, if this is true... This is just as sudden as the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg! 

Not that sudden really. Like the Thrashers, the Hurricanes have been bleeding money for years. Dead last in attendance isn't helping either. The only year they ever turned profit was the year they won the cup. They've just been quietly bleeding money like Atlanta was, they weren't as public as Phoenix was. 

Archived