The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carolina moving to Quebec?

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Just leaving this here:

The Quebec Remparts (QMJHL) drew an announced crowd of 7,928 tonight.

The Carolina Hurricanes only drew 7,892 on Tuesday.

Jesus christ. How did attendance ever get so bad?

7,892? That's &^@#ing embarrassing.

8 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's interesting. Houston is a very large market and there is a lot of money there.

I guess there are many potential markets but my hope is to see teams in Quebec and Seattle before the NHL considers places like Houston or Kansas City.

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

That's interesting. Houston is a very large market and there is a lot of money there.

I guess there are many potential markets but my hope is to see teams in Quebec and Seattle before the NHL considers places like Houston or Kansas City.

I agree, but when an owner who is in the 4th biggest US market, who just purchased a basketball team for 2.2 billion, say's he wants a hockey team, you the league is going to listen.  

17 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I agree, but when an owner who is in the 4th biggest US market, who just purchased a basketball team for 2.2 billion, say's he wants a hockey team, you the league is going to listen.  

Apparently the price for a new franchise is USD $700 Million directly into the owners pockets.   

Welocme the Houston Armadillos........ 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Peter Karmanos is on the verge of selling a part of the Carolina Hurricanes to Dallas based billionaire Thomas Dundon.

The move would create a partnership between Karmanos and Dundon and would keep the team in Raleigh.

The deal is currently going through the NHL's due diligence process.

How long would the deal keep the team in Carolina?  Maybe this Dundon guy, in a year or two, buys the rest of the team, and moves it to Huston? 

Archived