The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler is a beast.

He is the best defensive forward on the #1/2 defensive team in the NHL.

He is the best PKing forward on the #1 PK unit in the NHL.

He is #2 in the NHL in faceoff %

(Duchene is only .001% ahead of him.)

He is top 3 in the NHL in defensive zone faceoff wins and %.

He is #1 in the NHL in SH faceoff wins and %.

He is #4 in the NHL in SH TOI.

He is #2 in the NHL in blocked shots.

He is going to finish with 20+ goals and 50+ points and only has 7 less pts than Perry and 11 than Getzlaf.

He is still a dominant force playing with sub 40 point players, just like in Vancouver. (Silfverberg, Cogliano, Beleskey vs Raymond, Higgins, Booth, Santorelli....)

Over point per game since New Years, a vital part of Anaheim's turn around.

He had an amazing playoffs with Anaheim last year (16 pts in 13gp), excited to see what he can do this year, as he's coming in HOT.

While Chicago is always a contender and I'd love them to win, I would love to see Kesler and Bieksa win the cup, and maybe in two years when the Sedins are on their last year, the Canucks can retain 50% at the deadline and send them to the Ducks for a final cup run.

470763766-ryan-kesler-of-the-anaheim-duc

Yeah he is such a beast that his linemates had to learn the hiemlich maneuver just in case he chokes on the ice and the trainers can't get to him in time.  He'll never be a champion.

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah he is such a beast that his linemates had to learn the hiemlich maneuver just in case he chokes on the ice and the trainers can't get to him in time.  He'll never be a champion.

I would hope that adults would already have learned the hiemlich maneuver much earlier in their life. 

Just now, Vrienzy said:

I would hope that adults would already have learned the hiemlich maneuver much earlier in their life. 

you get a +1 for KOTH, Rusty Shackleford agrees I tell you whut. Sheeshaashaashaaa

3 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Just like the Sedins

Kesler has a .70ptspg average in the playoffs with lesser linemates and tougher matchups, and defensive duties.

Henrik Sedin? Always with his brother at least, more offensive zone starts, and more favorable line matching? .74ptspg.

-_-

44 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

He is the best defensive forward on the #1/2 defensive team in the NHL.

He is the best PKing forward on the #1 PK unit in the NHL.

He is #2 in the NHL in faceoff %

(Duchene is only .001% ahead of him.)

He is top 3 in the NHL in defensive zone faceoff wins and %.

He is #1 in the NHL in SH faceoff wins and %.

He is #4 in the NHL in SH TOI.

He is #2 in the NHL in blocked shots.

He is going to finish with 20+ goals and 50+ points and only has 7 less pts than Perry and 11 than Getzlaf.

He is still a dominant force playing with sub 40 point players, just like in Vancouver. (Silfverberg, Cogliano, Beleskey vs Raymond, Higgins, Booth, Santorelli....)

Over point per game since New Years, a vital part of Anaheim's turn around.

He had an amazing playoffs with Anaheim last year (16 pts in 13gp), excited to see what he can do this year, as he's coming in HOT.

While Chicago is always a contender and I'd love them to win, I would love to see Kesler and Bieksa win the cup, and maybe in two years when the Sedins are on their last year, the Canucks can retain 50% at the deadline and send them to the Ducks for a final cup run.

470763766-ryan-kesler-of-the-anaheim-duc

He may be all those things, but try as he might, he'll never be Canadian. Sorry, Kes.

6 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

I miss Kes.

I don't like how he left (wish he had given us a few more teams to work with), but I don't blame him at all for wanting out of this dumpster fire.

Pretty much this, other then that you can't question his impact on this franchise, gave it 110%

19 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

TROLL

"I honestly hate the Canucks now, I hope no one goes to the games anymore and the franchise folds. I will never spend another dime on this losing franchise. Aquilini, sell now before it's too late."

A quote from you less than 12 hours ago, and you're calling him a troll. Lmao.

Like former colleagues, i always root for former Canucks even if the transition is uncomfortable. 

I hope he gets the Selke, he's more than earned it and has been shafted a few times already. 

No ill will, he would be terrible through these transitional years and would be a dark cloud in a losing environment. The guy is a gamer, always wants to win. Thats what i feel is lacking in the Canucks, that NO LOSS is acceptable attitude. Need to bring in a few winners, having the kids grow under the Twins is all well and good, but they seem to accept losing sometimes. Probably not the case in the locker room, at least i hope not. 

This year was needed, but i do hope Benning and Co find a FA that knows what it takes and can communicate it. 

Archived