The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pierre-Luc Dubois Vs Matthew Tkachuk

If we hold the 4th overall pick...  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Similar to the Laine vs Puljijarvi debate at 2nd OA, which of these two North American forwards would you take at 4th OA?

Both players have similar numbers in their respective leagues and look to be very promising blue-chip prospects. Dubois may have the higher ceiling, but Tkachuk seems to have a much higher floor. I used to be adamant about picking PLD at 4th Overall, but Tkachuk is having a very impressive showing so far in the OHL playoffs.

With 16pts in 7 games for London, I'm leaning more towards Tkachuk at this point

Dubois is a much safer pick...so I am not interested...You pretty much get what you see with Dubois, a big capable player that will be solid in all zones even at the NHL level.

With Tkachuk you could end up with an NHL All STar power forward.

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Dubois easily for me, I don't understand what people don't like about him, hes got it all really. He's huge skilled and the driving force of that Cape Breton team in every way really.

Not the same upside as Tkachuk. I see Dubois as a 2nd/3rd line winger and Tkachuk as a top 6 guy with big upside.

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Dubois easily for me, I don't understand what people don't like about him, hes got it all really. He's huge skilled and the driving force of that Cape Breton team in every way really.

He's a big power guy dominating at the Jr. level...That is why I value other prospects over him.  He does look like his game will translate to the NHL level, but I don't see him being as dominant...Effective yes, but not dominant.

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not sure why there is so much hate on Dubois.  

I would love either one of them and hopefully we are in a position to take either one of them.

One of Matthews, Laine, Puljijarvi, Chychrun, Dubois or Tkachuk will be available when we pick. I hope we are not in a position where we need to pick between them, and we select in the top 4 (Matthews, Finns, or Chychrun). 

Just now, canucklehead44 said:

One of Matthews, Laine, Puljijarvi, Chychrun, Dubois or Tkachuk will be available when we pick. I hope we are not in a position where we need to pick between them, and we select in the top 4 (Matthews, Finns, or Chychrun). 

I'd rather take Sergachev over Chychrun...and I would take Tkachuk before any of the D-men available

2 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

The Vancouver Canucks select with the 4th overall pick...

Olli Juolevi

Really hope that doesn't happen.

Unbelievable. 

Pierre-Luc Dubois is way better than Tkachuk

Are you guys watching these guys play or just watching stats? 

I'm actually surprised that Tkachuk is winning this poll, because the general consensus around the hockey community is that PLD is better than Tkachuk. 

CDC is the only place where people think Tkachuk is better. 

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2050751&highlight=tkachuk+dubois

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=130195

Archived