The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pierre-Luc Dubois Vs Matthew Tkachuk

If we hold the 4th overall pick...  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It's because people have come to the realization that we're probably going to draft Dubois so they're getting on board early.

And to imagine if the Canucks don't pick either of these two players, which we shouldn't rule out the possibility of it happening, how would everyone react... Actually, whoever we end up picking, there will be at least one thing about that player some people will complain about.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, TheLiveWire said:

Dubois for us works better anyway in my opinino.

One thing is pretty much for sure, and evidenced by Benning relinquishing McCanna and picks.

Beware Posters!

TheLiveWire's post is just one more example of the rapidly-spreading Bonino Effect.

The Bonino Effect is spreading through the hockey world after CBC half-wits started Crowning Everything Bonino like the Second Coming of Gretzky.

Jim Benning is a genius because he said Willy liked Him, and He could really distribute the puck.

(That comment was from the time the Canucks were deciding to acquire Bonino in the Kesler deal.  Not when we traded Him to Pittsburgh.)

After that little video, every time He touched the puck, The Bonino Effect grew, and grew and spread, and now it's spread onto CDC!

Stop, drop, and roll up The Bonino Effect before these clowns give Him the Conn Smythe!

(Apologies for abusing your post man, it had some good stuff in it, but once I got The Bonino Effect, I was just out of control).

10 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Beware Posters!

TheLiveWire's post is just one more example of the rapidly-spreading Bonino Effect.

The Bonino Effect is spreading through the hockey world after CBC half-wits started Crowning Everything Bonino like the Second Coming of Gretzky.

Jim Benning is a genius because he said Willy liked Him, and He could really distribute the puck.

(That comment was from the time the Canucks were deciding to acquire Bonino in the Kesler deal.  Not when we traded Him to Pittsburgh.)

After that little video, every time He touched the puck, The Bonino Effect grew, and grew and spread, and now it's spread onto CDC!

Stop, drop, and roll up The Bonino Effect before these clowns give Him the Conn Smythe!

(Apologies for abusing your post man, it had some good stuff in it, but once I got The Bonino Effect, I was just out of control).

Bonino is a perfect 3rd line cmen for Pittsburgh.......that was never going to happen in Van, there was too much heavy lifting for him here.  Pittsburgh had a 2nd line cman playing 3C and they couldn't pay him.  Van had a 3C playing 2C and needed a guy more suited to build around.  It was a good trade for both teams, ;like most of JB's moves.

8 hours ago, stawns said:

Bonino is a perfect 3rd line cmen for Pittsburgh.......that was never going to happen in Van, there was too much heavy lifting for him here.  Pittsburgh had a 2nd line cman playing 3C and they couldn't pay him.  Van had a 3C playing 2C and needed a guy more suited to build around.  It was a good trade for both teams, ;like most of JB's moves.

well said

• 3 weeks later...

I would really like to see us take Tkachuck the option is there. 

I admit that I haven't watched as much of Dubois as I have Tkachuck, so my opinion is perhaps slightly biased. 

From what I've seen, Dubois is the safer pick, but Tkachuck has potential to be a special player. I don't doubt that they will both be vital players to their future organizations, but something about Tkachuck tickles my fancy. He seems to elevate his play in the post-season, and is one of, if not the best players in his draft that can excel while playing down low by the hash marks/crease. 

4 hours ago, SwedeHockey said:

I would really like to see us take Tkachuck the option is there. 

I admit that I haven't watched as much of Dubois as I have Tkachuck, so my opinion is perhaps slightly biased. 

From what I've seen, Dubois is the safer pick, but Tkachuck has potential to be a special player. I don't doubt that they will both be vital players to their future organizations, but something about Tkachuck tickles my fancy. He seems to elevate his play in the post-season, and is one of, if not the best players in his draft that can excel while playing down low by the hash marks/crease. 

Dubois is a safe pick because at worst he bottoms out as a solid third line checker I would say.

Tkachuk has a much higher offensive ceiling though. He has the potential to be Corey Perry 2.0 in his prime.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Dubois is a safe pick because at worst he bottoms out as a solid third line checker I would say.

Tkachuk has a much higher offensive ceiling though. He has the potential to be Corey Perry 2.0 in his prime.

Exactly. 

Any chance you have at a possible 30-35 goal scorer, you take it.

What's interesting with these two guys, in a regular draft year, we'd be having an argument of which one of them goes first overall and here we are having a debate about which one we will have available to us at #5.

This is going to be a fun draft pool to watch develop. Wonder if it will surpass 2003 as possibly the strongest ever draft?

Archived