The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 IIHF World Championship Thread

6 hours ago, Toews said:

Perry is also one of the most decorated junior players of all time. He won everything worth winning in his London Knights career and also had his number retired as the all time leading scorer there. 

His resume top to bottom is one of the most impressive I have seen. First ballot HOFer and the Ducks will likely retire his number as well. 

I have a tough time warming up to Perry even during this tourney. That kick on Laine was flagrant and should have got him a suspension. A lot of his 'stuff' is on the cheap side. It takes a no prisoners attitude to win and he has that. I thought Schieffle(?) from the Jets really cranked his physical game up and played the style of game that is hardcore Canadian as a contrast to Perry. I'd have him on my team anytime! When the Jets get Laine they will be able to challenge the Oilers IMHO.

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

An extremely overweight American Hockey fan snuck in Team Russia's locker room before the Bronze Medal Game between Team USA and Team Russia and filmed himself urinating on one of Pavel Datsyuk's skates and jersey.

Special place in hell for this kinds of person. 

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

Special place in hell for this kinds of person. 

It's a fake video but it's really well made. Pretty hilarious IMO. They get props from me for effort. Setting up that locker room must have taken some work. Finding that fat guy probably would not have been that hard.

40 minutes ago, Toews said:

It's a fake video but it's really well made. Pretty hilarious IMO. They get props from me for effort. Setting up that locker room must have taken some work. Finding that fat guy probably would not have been that hard.

:lol: +1

1 hour ago, Toews said:

I feel not so smart

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Gold Medal Game at the 2016 IIHF World Championship was the most watched game in Finnish hockey history drawing 3.25 million viewers or around 60% of the entire country.

Wow!  They sure love hockey.  It just shows us, as Canadians, that other countries love "OUR" game too.  

On 23/05/2016 at 8:05 PM, chon derry said:

i responded to a lame troll attempt only to be called a d-bag twice . engaging an intelligent poster is hard engaging someone like you is impossible, like you said "most people ignore" i think i'll do that.

sabre's fan is pretty well respected poster who contributes a lot of good info to discussions.  You are being a dbag and contributing absolutely nothing.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

sabre's fan is pretty well respected poster who contributes a lot of good info to discussions.  You are being a dbag and contributing absolutely nothing.

well being fairly new i didn't know this, and i did think it was a troll atempt and wasn't the only one who chirped back at his comment.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:51 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Gold Medal Game at the 2016 IIHF World Championship was the most watched game in Finnish hockey history drawing 3.25 million viewers or around 60% of the entire country.

Is that only Finnish viewers? Or does that include Canadian viewers as well? I know I watched the game, very exciting. The Fins looked devastated at the end, and felt for them a little bit. Probably a few tears in that room afterwards. Great for Canada though.

Kind of annoyed when the panel was discussing after the game, calling McDavid's goal the "Golden Goal", even though he scored it early in the game, it proved to be the winner. Still, to me, a Golden Goal is when it's tied and next goal wins (Crosby). I mean, if Hutton played and stepped on the ice and it went off his butt in the 1st period, would he be credited with the Golden Goal? Highly unlikely it would even be brought up.

Wondering, during the USA v Russia Bronze game. Did Matthews play? I noticed he had no shots. :P Way to show up for the big game kid. IMO, Laine should be ranked #1. 

On 5/24/2016 at 6:20 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Is that only Finnish viewers? Or does that include Canadian viewers as well? I know I watched the game, very exciting. The Fins looked devastated at the end, and felt for them a little bit. Probably a few tears in that room afterwards. Great for Canada though.

Kind of annoyed when the panel was discussing after the game, calling McDavid's goal the "Golden Goal", even though he scored it early in the game, it proved to be the winner. Still, to me, a Golden Goal is when it's tied and next goal wins (Crosby). I mean, if Hutton played and stepped on the ice and it went off his butt in the 1st period, would he be credited with the Golden Goal? Highly unlikely it would even be brought up.

Wondering, during the USA v Russia Bronze game. Did Matthews play? I noticed he had no shots. :P Way to show up for the big game kid. IMO, Laine should be ranked #1. 

He was busy winning faceoffs.  He won 14 out of the 15 that he took against Russia's best players. 

Archived