The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Troy Stecher | #51 | D

Gstank29

1 minute ago, meh_wassup said:

That made Larsen a little redundant. Good internal competition to see who get's the #6 spot and 2nd pp time. Stetcher might have to spend some time in the A first. Wonder what Subban makes of this :lol:

More competition. Will push all 3 players to bring their all next preseason and throughout the year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

More competition. Will push all 3 players to bring their all next preseason and throughout the year.

Exactly. Although I think the competition will be more between Larsen and Stecher. Subban might have a harder time keeping up with the 2. He could use another year in the A, but I see him making a really good run at it in 2017-2018.

• Upvote 4

^^ Biega and Larson both will be waiver eligible, so they'll have the head start coming into camp. Maybe one doesn't play well or Stecher really outperforms them, but expect Stecher to have a couple years in Utica.

Good to see he signed, even if he'll need some development time to become a proper NHL'er. He does have talent but isn't necessarily an elite offensive option who'll make it on that alone. His work ethic will carry pretty well so if he can compete at the raised level then he'll have a chance.

Edited by elvis15

9 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

So who stays on the bug club between Biega, Larsen, and Stecher? Or are we expecting Stecher to be at Utica for a bit?

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Tryamkin

Sbisa - Biega?

Pedan - Larsen? Stecher?

Put Larsen in for Biega. Pedan and Biega are 7 and 8. That would be my guess, if anything just to avoid losing Larsen on waivers and avoid another Frankie Corrado overreaction from the media and fans.

Hopefully, with Stech and Boeser now Canucks a culture of UND players being farmed for Vancouver begins. 

We're definitely one of the franchises young players probably give a good hard long look at when it comes to signing seeing we have so much opportunity for young players to make the jump.

Great Sign, plus 1 GM JB

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

So who stays on the bug club between Biega, Larsen, and Stecher? Or are we expecting Stecher to be at Utica for a bit?

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Tryamkin

Sbisa - Biega?

Pedan - Larsen? Stecher?

I remember at the press conference Benning mentioned Larsen will help the PP unit next year which sounds like they think Larsen will make the club next year.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Larsen or Biega on the right. Sbisa gets traded. Tryamkin on the left side. Stecher on year one starts in Utica, unless he has an insane camp. Pedan number 7. 

Not that I'm a fan of his, but doubt that happens. If it did it'd solve the lineup crunch though.

Edler Tanev

Hutton Tryamkin

Sbisa Larson

Pedan Biega

Not sure what they do with Hamhuis. Maybe they sign him and plan on waiving whoever of Larson, Pedan and Biega play the worst at camp.

Stecher definitely starts in Utica though, barring an exceptional camp.

Edited by elvis15

Not at all surprised that Stetcher chose the Canucks over the Oilers. He was an integral part of UND's backend this season and I think he see's himself developing into a top 4 guy in the league someday. With Nurse, Reinhart and Klefbom pretty much locked to be Edmonton's future top 4, there's a lot more of an opportunity in Vancouver for him to play a bigger role. 

Looking forward to see what he brings to camp and pre-season. Hoping the Canucks have another Ben Hutton scenario with him. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Not that I'm a fan of his, but doubt that happens. If it did it'd solve the lineup crunch though.

Edler Tanev

Hutton Tryamkin

Sbisa Larson

Pedan Biega

Not sure what they do with Hamhuis. Maybe they sign him and plan on waiving whoever of Larson, Pedan and Biega play the worst at camp.

I can see Biega being waived as he was a Career minor leaguer before this year. 

14 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Edler Tanev

Hutton Tryamkin

Sbisa Larson

Pedan Biega

Putting him in Utica makes the most sense, clearly. He will need time to adjust to the Pro game and develop his conditioning for 80+ games. He's on the small side too so just getting stronger will help him if/when he gets a call-up. 

I don't think the team will hesitate to waive Biega if necessary, whether we re-sign Hamhuis or not. Timed correctly, he'd likely pass through anyway and be an injury call up. 

Pedan and Larsen will get long looks and should be pencilled in for those spots. 

Edited by theminister
  • Upvote 1