The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tattoo Thread

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-02-27 at 10:50 AM, Jägermeister said:

Anyone have any good recommendations for Realism/3D tattoo artists around Vancouver?

I had been thinking about getting a half-sleeve for a while but have decided that I don't have the money to set aside get that much work done and would likely not for a long time.  Going to get a piece that covers my left pec now (maybe a little bit more $$$ permitting).  

My realism guy is usually Richard Vega at The Fall Tattoo in Vancouver.  Only does black and grey tho. 

There is another dude who's work I am in love with. Nestor Acevedo.  His work is like a blend of super realism and dreams.  

It is incredible. 

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

My realism guy is usually Richard Vega at The Fall Tattoo in Vancouver.  Only does black and grey tho. 

There is another dude who's work I am in love with. Nestor Acevedo.  His work is like a blend of super realism and dreams.  

It is incredible. 

I actually booked my consultation with Nestor!  Have an appointment in a couple weeks.

On 4/14/2016 at 0:17 PM, Jägermeister said:

Planning on getting something similar to this done as a half sleeve:

5298b4354b0262a1fb681c288957fca3.jpg

When it will actually get done is unknown and counting as I would need time off work while it is getting done...

Anyone in the Vancouver area have any recommendations for a shop that is good at this type of work?

Did you ever find a shop with this kind of talent?

My search has been ongoing. 

• 2 years later...

Didn't know this thread existed.

Old  pic of my back...

IMG_20140706_110954.thumb.jpg.9b69ab180505bac0028aee0bd1130de6.jpg

Got this one couple years ago, fresh on the table!

IMG_2540.jpg.5e22977a41e3baabfae1fbdadfd12cb7.jpg

Gonna finish of the leg, then get a big piece added to my chest. However, I'm a workout nut these last couple years so want to see how defined my chest gets before tattooing it ( I'm so vain)

Then I'm running out of room....:(

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

I’d appreciate thoughts from a few posters on what they think and if I should go for it

I think the location is great.

Before I got addicted to lots of ink I had little tattoos on the inside of my wrists. Liked the look.

I don't know much about Livestrong other than I had some golf shoes by that brand and obviously the Lance PED stuff. The way the text is in your image is cool imo. 

My suggestion for any tattoo is that you like it. You're the one that has to live with it, but then again laser technology is very good these days. 

50 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think the location is great.

Before I got addicted to lots of ink I had little tattoos on the inside of my wrists. Liked the look.

I don't know much about Livestrong other than I had some golf shoes by that brand and obviously the Lance PED stuff. The way the text is in your image is cool imo. 

My suggestion for any tattoo is that you like it. You're the one that has to live with it, but then again laser technology is very good these days. 

Yea I really want to get that. It looks clean compared to the others I found online. I’m just not sure about the location for myself because I don’t want it easily exposed nor do I want it completely hidden. Thinking somewhere above the elbow, on the outside of the arm 

main-qimg-622edc6c659b7521aa29a26c6f11eb

where the ‘triceps’ / ‘deltoid’ area is pointed to. Where a T-shirt is able to somewhat cover it.

...I’m thinking of getting it because I’ve been clear of cancer for 1.5 years now. I’ve found a passion for cycling and did over 300KM last summer when it had been about half a year since my last treatment and it was nice on my joints as well. I love Lance Armstrong so I think the tattoo is something I can really relate to and look to for motivation if I get it :) 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

I’m thinking of getting it because I’ve been clear of cancer for 1.5 years now. I’ve found a passion for cycling and did over 300KM last summer when it had been about half a year since my last treatment and it was nice on my joints as well. I love Lance Armstrong so I think the tattoo is something I can really relate to and look to for motivation if I get it :)

That is amazing my friend!

I think getting that tattoo on the peak-a-boo t-shirt line is perfect for you.