The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

50 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Is it just me or is the poke checking in this game too powerful?

It is. I'm sure it'll be nerfed like it was last year

1 hour ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Also there is some problems with penalties. I got a penalty for stick lifting someone stick from under. I got a slash. Also why playing EASHL my team mate got a 4 minute penalty for hooking. 

One game the other team got a penalty shot and... A power play lol

4 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

The game feels almost identical to NHL 16. I've always bought these games when they come out but this one may not be worth it imo. 

The soundtrack is pretty good though. A lot of catchy songs. 

I disagree. The game speed is more realistic. I find that "real" hockey plays work a lot more such as point shots, screens, and cycling the puck. Dump and chase is actually effective if done right. There are some flaws such as an overpowered poke and toes drag but then again thats what the beta is for. 

Just now, MusclePharm said:

I disagree. The game speed is more realistic. I find that "real" hockey plays work a lot more such as point shots, screens, and cycling the puck. Dump and chase is actually effective if done right. There are some flaws such as an overpowered poke and toes drag but then again thats what the beta is for. 

Yeah the gameplay definitely feels slightly refined compared to 16 but it still feels way too similar to warrant the $80. 

I guess I haven't analyzed everything thoroughly but on the surface it really feels like I'm still playing NHL 16.

6 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

Yeah the gameplay definitely feels slightly refined compared to 16 but it still feels way too similar to warrant the $80. 

I guess I haven't analyzed everything thoroughly but on the surface it really feels like I'm still playing NHL 16.

Meh, if you think about the amount of hours you put into the game throughout the year then $80 isn't all that much. A movie and dinner could cost that much and only be for one night.

I'm liking EASHL a lot more.

They give you a sense of progression with the team customization and having to unlock the player edits.

In NHL 16 I got bored really fast with EASHL because playoffs didn't happen very often and without any real player customization, I felt like it wasn't worth the time I used to put into it. Upgrading my attributes used to be one of my favourite parts, looking to find the best build.

At least now we can work from having a $&!# practice rink to a big NHL sized arena, and all the other things. Creating your team takes longer, however.

On 31/07/2016 at 7:58 AM, MusclePharm said:

Meh, if you think about the amount of hours you put into the game throughout the year then $80 isn't all that much. A movie and dinner could cost that much and only be for one night.

$80? Where are you eating dinner?

13 minutes ago, MusclePharm said:

With a movie but thats not the point

Last time I was in Vancouver, I saw a film for $7 and food cost me about $8. It may have been a few years ago, but give me a choice between two nights out or NHL 17 - and if it's really the same as NHL 16 - I'll take the two nights out.

Archived