The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 7:09 AM, D-Money said:

I wouldn't get too excited about features that look good on paper/screenshots. Remember when they added 'life events' to Be a Pro? It was the most generic bunch of crap ever, ridiculously repetitive, and quickly became stale as hell. And by the end of your rookie year, you could have 100% of your teammates', managements', fans', and family's respect.

And that was just an extremely basic text-driven sideshow. They literally did only enough to make it sound interesting to people who might buy, and not a lick more.

Your inlaws are in town and like to borrow the car. 

a. Tell them hell no, you daughter is not that great in bed.

b. Sure I am spineless, have you seen me play?

c. I can drive you wherever you like.

d. Divorce

You let them borrow your car and they died in a fiery crash.  -5 family.

32 minutes ago, Rough Neck said:

It's okay. I lost my rookie debut. In the OHL. On Pro. 8-2. :ph34r::ph34r:

It's because the game doesn't allow teams to take normal easy shots that you see in real games, but rather set up for high % shots instead. This means low shots but higher goals, which makes being a goalie crap.

On 5/11/2016 at 6:21 PM, c00kies said:

It's because the game doesn't allow teams to take normal easy shots that you see in real games, but rather set up for high % shots instead. This means low shots but higher goals, which makes being a goalie crap.

ahh. Plus every shot is a one time pass to someone standing like Anson carter beside the net. 

That's why being goalie is $&!# in Be A Pro. They don't take a lot of easy shots on you like in real life, where throwing the puck at the net is a good strategy to look for a rebound. In this game they're mostly harder one timers that aren't easy to save if you're just starting in Be A Pro with $&!#ty attributes.

• 2 weeks later...

What overall should the Canucks players be? 

Im gonna do the whole roster and try and guess. Its everyone on the Canucks roster right now. No AHL guys except goalies

Low top9   High top 9    Med Elite 

Centers: Gaunce-80 Granlund-82 Horvat-85 Sedin-89 Sutter-85 Mcann oh wait....

Med top 6 

Left Wing: Baertschi-84 Higgins-78 Sedin-89 

Med top 9                  low top 6 high top 6

Right Wing: Burrows-81 Dorsett-82 Etem-82 Hansen-86 Vey-82 Virtanen-83 Vrbata-85

Med top 4                              high top 4                                 high top 4

Dman: Bartkowski-81 Biega-80 Edler-86 Gudbranson-85 Hamhuis-87 Hutton-85 Sbisa-83 Tanev-86 Tryamkin-83 Weber-78

Low elite        Med elite    High backup 

Goalies: Miller-84 Markstrom-84 Demko-77 Garteig-72 

Coach

Willie D-85 

GM

Benning-85 

On 5/14/2016 at 9:41 PM, DollarAndADream said:

That's why being goalie is $&!# in Be A Pro. They don't take a lot of easy shots on you like in real life, where throwing the puck at the net is a good strategy to look for a rebound. In this game they're mostly harder one timers that aren't easy to save if you're just starting in Be A Pro with $&!#ty attributes.

The A.I. in general is pretty bad. They always seem to go for the power move, then shoot top shelf. Not much I can do about that.

2 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Im gonna do the whole roster and try and guess. Its everyone on the Canucks roster right now. No AHL guys except goalies

Med top 6 

Right Wing: Burrows-81 Dorsett-82 Etem-82 Hansen-86 Vey-82 Virtanen-83 Vrbata-85

Med top 4                              high top 4                                 high top 4

Dman: Bartkowski-81 Biega-80 Edler-86 Gudbranson-85 Hamhuis-87 Hutton-85 Sbisa-83 Tanev-86 Tryamkin-83 Weber-78

Coach

Willie D-85 

GM

Benning-85 

Somehow I don't think they give attributes to people they don't have in the game :P

What EA gives:

Centers: Gaunce-77 Granlund-80 Horvat-84 Sedin-87 Sutter-85

Left Wing: Baertschi-82 Higgins-81 Sedin-86 

Right Wing: Burrows-82 Dorsett-82 Etem-78 Hansen-84 Vey-80 Virtanen-80 

Dman: Bartkowski-78 Biega-76 Edler-85 Gudbranson-85  Hutton-80 Sbisa-82 Tanev-86 Tryamkin-78

Goalies: Miller-85 Markstrom-83 Demko-75 Garteig-72 (last two might not be in the game until an update)

22 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Somehow I don't think they give attributes to people they don't have in the game :P

What EA gives:

Centers: Gaunce-77 Granlund-80 Horvat-84 Sedin-87 Sutter-85

Left Wing: Baertschi-82 Higgins-81 Sedin-86 

Right Wing: Burrows-82 Dorsett-82 Etem-78 Hansen-84 Vey-80 Virtanen-80 

Dman: Bartkowski-78 Biega-76 Edler-85 Gudbranson-85  Hutton-80 Sbisa-82 Tanev-86 Tryamkin-78

Goalies: Miller-85 Markstrom-83 Demko-75 Garteig-72 (last two might not be in the game until an update)

No way Sedins are under 87 they are a guaranteed 88+ Horvat will have an upgrade because he did better then last year and he got an 84. Hutton is not gonna be an 80 he will be 84+ no way he gets 80 : /. The only one I will agree is Tanev Burrows and sutter 

On May 26, 2016 at 3:36 PM, ItsMillerTime said:

Med top 6 

One constant thing I know that EA does with the Sedins is that they always rate them lower than what people expect them to be or think what they should be so I'd say they deserve to be 88s, but will probably drop to 86/87. 

Centers: H. Sedin - 87 , Horvat - 86, Sutter - 84, Granlund - 81, Vey (?) - 78

LW: D. Sedin - 87, Baertschi - 84, Burrows (?) - 82, Gaunce - 79, Higgins (?) - 79

RW: Vrbata (?) - 85, Hansen - 84, Dorsett - 82, Etem- 81, Virtanen - 80

D: Edler - 87, Hamhuis (?) - 87, Tanev - 85, Gudbranson - 84, Hutton - 82, Sbisa - 82, Tryamkin - 79, Biega - 78, Bartkowski (?) - 78, Weber (?) - 77, Pedan - 76  

Goalies: Miller - 86, Markstrom - 84, Demko - 77, Cannata - 75, Garteig - 72

(?) - Questionable/doubtful that they'd be with the canucks next season. 

On 5/26/2016 at 6:12 PM, ItsMillerTime said:

No way Sedins are under 87 they are a guaranteed 88+ Horvat will have an upgrade because he did better then last year and he got an 84. Hutton is not gonna be an 80 he will be 84+ no way he gets 80 : /. The only one I will agree is Tanev Burrows and sutter 

The sedins were 87 in NHL 16, a year following a rise in production from them. They regressed again this year, and you think they'll get a boost to 89's?

5 hours ago, Spotted Zebra said:

The sedins were 87 in NHL 16, a year following a rise in production from them. They regressed again this year, and you think they'll get a boost to 89's?

They were 88 in NHL 16 somehow. Kesler was a 90 to start off the year.

Archived