The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, D-Money said:

I generally play D or C, so don't worry about the stats much. I'm also old, and couldn't care less what my video game stats are.

But I imagine there are a lot of younger guys out there who won't play it exactly for that reason - messes with their numbers, and those are public.

hey if you are on PS4 add kllerj or elitertmkiller.

• 2 weeks later...

EA NHL is my comfort food video game. Been playing them since NHL 94. 

There are so many issues with them (the AI controlled breakout in Be a Pro), but they are still great. 

Just started a new Canucks Franchise mode and gave the core one year to do something, while selling assets. The twins carried the team into an 8th position playoff round and we lost first round. 

So I went full rebuild. 

Love the online modes, but don't have many friends online that play NHL 17 often enough so I don't spend as much time on EASHL as I would like. 

If anyone is into playing a game, send me a message at Tunderwood091

Been playing with a group of buddies for about a month now, I hadn't played EASHL since NHL 09 so it took some time getting back in to it.

We have actually become a pretty solid unit, I think we are top 1,000 right now?

Team name is 'The Walrus' I'm sure we have played a couple teams from here, lots of Canucks/Vancouver related teams on there.

So my buddy comes over and asks about NHL17.  I told him how bad this game was and he wanted to try it out.  So we played a game he was Vancouver and I was Nashville and we both laughed at how bad the commentary was.  Bo Horva, Ryan Yohanson, Pikke Renny, I could go on.  Add to that the player faces and it's such a pitiful display by EA.  Needless to say we didn't even finish the game before I showed him the masterpiece that is NBA2k17.  Better luck next year EA. 

Anyone looking for an EASHL goalie for their team? Im a level 8 goalie that started rough, but haven't been scored on much lately.

If someone were to make a CDC team that'd be awesome. 

On 1/29/2017 at 11:00 PM, Stamkos said:

Anyone looking for an EASHL goalie for their team? Im a level 8 goalie that started rough, but haven't been scored on much lately.

If someone were to make a CDC team that'd be awesome. 

There was a CDC team for a long time. Looks like they disbanded but a few of their members still seem to play under a different name.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I tried some BaP to see if I can get my money's worth.  I like how they made attribute progression a little easier.  I played two years in the WHL, played about 100 games on the quick sim setting that took about 10min each.  Ended my WHL as a 84overall playmaking center and got drafted 1st overall by Florida. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 4:51 PM, kanucks25 said:

There was a CDC team for a long time. Looks like they disbanded but a few of their members still seem to play under a different name.

I miss the rivalries between CDC teams lol.

On 2/10/2017 at 6:43 PM, ruututuutu said:

I'm not sure if this is in the thread yet or not.  Does anyone know where the money goes when you complete an owners task in franchise mode?  It says that it goes towards the current season but I can find the bonus money to use it up.

It goes into your budget. I think you can push the square button to bring that up in one of the screens.

57 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Is Dahlen in NHL 17? If so, where do I find him?

I believe he isn't in the system, possibly because he isn't signed. Not really sure why he isn't though, doesn't make much sense.

4 hours ago, ftmN said:

I believe he isn't in the system, possibly because he isn't signed. Not really sure why he isn't though, doesn't make much sense.

Yeah I ended up creating him, along with Boeser, only to somehow overlook re-signing Boeser (I guess I left it at a one year deal) in the offseason. He signed with the islanders so I've already scrapped that franchise mode.

Archived