The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

On 4/23/2016 at 6:53 PM, Gstank29 said:

Yes, they aren't even capable of putting together new material that actually matters

As long as people continue to pour money into HUT they probably never will

Introducing NHL 17, new features include:

All New Rosters - Yes!

Enhanced HuT Menu's and Transaction screens - Now sinking money into HuT has never been easier!  Just enter your credit card information and we will automatically bill you each month.

All New Legacy Features - Stuff we took out is now back in!!!, well sorta

All new authenticate Ushers for each Team! - Play the game like never before with all new Ushers for each team!

Pass.

Last year's game was atrocious.  Will not be buying unless I hear nothing less than stellar reviews.

In a world where every other major sports video game franchise has been improving substantially year after year, NHL has somehow regressed.  It's pathetic.

For the first time in a long time, I passed completely on last years NHL game. I honestly dont like the direction the series is heading in and haven't been impressed with next gen NHL. I think I'm just going to go with MLB The Show

NHL 16 was WORSE than NHL 15? I didn't even bother looking $&!# up about NHL 16, i completely dissed it after experiencing probably my biggest let down ever when it comes to video games (NHL 15), after all the promises that were made. I thought for sure the upcoming game would at least be BETTER though, i didn't think it was even possible to make a worse sports game than NHL 15.

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎23 at 6:17 PM, CanuckianOne said:

I just want a lag free game online. 

That's all. That's not too much to ask, is it? 

Yeah, this just blows me away.

EA can have 40 guys shooting at each other on a vast 3D map with vehicles, planes, bombs, projectiles, etc. with virtually no lag (rarely encounter it in SW Battlefront). But they can't hook me up with 11 guys on a fixed surface with limited height and one projectile without near-constant lag? Really?

53 minutes ago, Xbox said:

For the first time in a long time, I passed completely on last years NHL game. I honestly dont like the direction the series is heading in and haven't been impressed with next gen NHL. I think I'm just going to go with MLB The Show

Great choice IMO

17 has some cool stuff coming. We'll see how they execute though. They can add the coolest things ever but if the gameplay isn't fun then who cares. 

My biggest gripe is probably the clunky as$ skating on new gen. I'm pushing for them to add something very similar to the old vision control. We'll see... 

Expect a teaser trailer tomorrow

32 minutes ago, ThatPope said:

17 has some cool stuff coming. We'll see how they execute though. They can add the coolest things ever but if the gameplay isn't fun then who cares. 

My biggest gripe is probably the clunky as$ skating on new gen. I'm pushing for them to add something very similar to the old vision control. We'll see... 

Expect a teaser trailer tomorrow

Source?

50 minutes ago, ThatPope said:

I'm in gamechangers

The movies or for EA?

and If you are working for EA i'm sure you guys are well aware that a half ass'd product this year is going to be the end of the series. You have a lot of people who spent thousands of dollars on the game quittting because the game is stale, doesn't work properly, and is becoming a huge money grab because you don't add any content worth while.

7 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

The movies or for EA?

and If you are working for EA i'm sure you guys are well aware that a half ass'd product this year is going to be the end of the series. You have a lot of people who spent thousands of dollars on the game quittting because the game is stale, doesn't work properly, and is becoming a huge money grab because you don't add any content worth while.

I'm just a fan like you. I don't 'work' for them, I don't get to decide what they add to the game. 

Generation jumps between consoles are tough. The game always sucks for the first few years. 07 and 08 sucked. 09, the first year with EASHL, was awesome though. I'm not a fan of 16 so I'm hoping, just like everyone else, that 17 is good. 

The game isn't going anywhere though. With HUT it makes more money than it ever has... 

The most interesting things I have noticed regarding the Vision trailer is the GM mode features. It looks like you will have to deal with operation budgets as well--i.e., ticket prices, repairs, etc. Furthermore, it looks like you can now finally move your hockey team--i.e., move Arizona to Hamilton. These are some promising features, I hope they continue to build on these and fix the terrible trades, and contracts which past NHLs produced.

Wishlist:

-Update HUT alternate jerseys, player cards, etc. every month
-After a goal horn, include the real goal song to go with it - for online
-There should be goalies injuries shown when you're in a game
-When you're starting a game, and it says loading, instead of that you should shoot on the net like in pre-game or show your locker room getting ready - so better intro
-Bring back Free For All
-Be able to hire and fire coaches in Be a GM
-There should also be Hall of Fame inductions in Be a GM
-Also, retire numbers in Be a GM
-Better Cup celebrations
-Add NTC's and NMC's
-Get drafted properly like in real life, at the podium
-Add the real international jersey's

Archived