The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

18 hours ago, Incursio said:

When you guys play online, what's your average net performance like? My ping is usually around 17-50 

I only play if it says good connection. When i play friendly games vs people in the vancouver area the ping is 5-12 and when i play online most of the time its around 25-30.

On September 17, 2016 at 9:13 AM, VanIslander89 said:

Picked it up on Tuesday and spent the week taking my time through my first season learning all the new additions to Franchise mode, super impressed, loving it, get to the draft with the 6th and 8th overall picks aaaaannnddd... Freezes every time I try and start the draft.... Super frustrating....

Try multiple times with no luck, accept defeat and do the auto draft, ended up with a pretty solid draft (18 yr Goalie 76ov MED pot in the 5th round) ... Alright we'll roll with it... Can't get passed day one of the re-sign phase without freezing...

I was loving it until this morning..

I'll try my luck with a new one 

My 2nd go around was much better, made it through an entire season-draft-free agency phase with no glitches or freezing.

Missed the playoffs by 1 point, literally, to wind up with the 12th overall pick... Simming away to the draft when the draft lottery results pop up, with me picking 2nd overall... I'll take it!

On September 23, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Incursio said:

When you guys play online, what's your average net performance like? My ping is usually around 17-50 

19 for me almost all the time. 

Just finished a 6v6 game and had nine points.  7 goals and 2 apples gotta give the goalie credit he stayed in there.  

On 2016-09-22 at 11:39 AM, Incursio said:

I don't know if I enjoy HUT or not. I feel like I spend more time in menus than I do actually playing the game

I wish they would go back to how it was on the PS3/360. The new PS4/One HUT organization is horrible. The old menus were so much faster and looked much more organized.

Keep randomly getting cross checking penalties when I hit like I normally do. Any way to avoid this penalty?

Also, does anyone have any stick checking tips? I'm doing it like I did last year but am taking way more slashing penalties in this years game making it super frustrating to play. Between that and the cross check penalties I can barely hit or sick check in an effective manner, any help is appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Keslerific said:

Keep randomly getting cross checking penalties when I hit like I normally do. Any way to avoid this penalty?

Also, does anyone have any stick checking tips? I'm doing it like I did last year but am taking way more slashing penalties in this years game making it super frustrating to play. Between that and the cross check penalties I can barely hit or sick check in an effective manner, any help is appreciated.

I noticed the cross checking too, don't think I've seen that in previous editions of the game. As for the stick checking I mostly avoid stick lifts unless I really have position to do it. Poke checks are way more effective and I don't get many tripping calls doing it. That's the best advice I could offer.

Also, what happened to your blog entries that you used to do?

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

I noticed the cross checking too, don't think I've seen that in previous editions of the game. As for the stick checking I mostly avoid stick lifts unless I really have position to do it. Poke checks are way more effective and I don't get many tripping calls doing it. That's the best advice I could offer.

Also, what happened to your blog entries that you used to do?

I stopped doing them after they pulled blogs off the main page on the forums because that was the only way I got views. I've actually been wanting to write them again as of late, so I might bring them back regardless!

1 hour ago, Keslerific said:

I stopped doing them after they pulled blogs off the main page on the forums because that was the only way I got views. I've actually been wanting to write them again as of late, so I might bring them back regardless!

They're always good for a laugh so I'd be happy to see them.

I hope you have some better luck with the stick checks too.

The A Button is USELESS this year.

With regards to stick checking; it isn't as effective this year, but its still all about timing

Your best bet in alot of situations in my experience seems to be to just bump them off the puck with a small hit/shove/bump

If you can, in HUT anyways, low discipline players are are a serious pain; avoid them if you can, and if you do keep them around, try to utilize them like you would a legit Tough guy in your lineup, because in HUT, most of those physical first low discipline players like Lucic will burn you whether you want them too or not(I keep Chara and Lucic around, and yeah, they both screw me with Elbows, Crosschecks, and Boarding calls, but man are they ever good at what they do)

Synergies OWN HUT this season; and stacked teams are no longer "Everything" because of it, find a couple of synergies that fit the way you play and roll with them

In my experience so far, Long Range Bombers(Al Macinnis), It's a Trap, Offensive Juggernaut, Net Presence and Defensively Responsible have synergized well for me; Slapshots from the slot are VERY powerful this year; and I honestly feel like this is a year for a defenseman.

The "high speed cheese" with Cogliano, Grabner, etc is pretty much dead if your team is built right; Hitting bumps the little guys right off most of the time - watch the backhand cheese across the slot....still deadly, still a little broken in my eyes.

Luongo has been OUT-&^@#ING STANDING over 20 or so games for me; Like, if he was as good as he has been for me Boston would have been screwed he's been so good.

I STRONGLY suggest Long Range Bombers as this year,  Slapshots are the $$ this season.

Weber - Macinnis

Chara - Boychuk

Edler - Larsson

If you aren't ready for Macinnis; Oduya is a good cheap temporary blaster; or you could go for Offensive Juggernaut with Gostisbehere, Jagr and Galchenyuk(Again, dirt cheap options)

5 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Ever play eashl?

Just a bit here and there, I play mostly as an Offensive Dman. I'm playing Franchise mode a lot, the team relocation is fun.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Luongo has been OUT-&^@#ING STANDING over 20 or so games for me; Like, if he was as good as he has been for me Boston would have been screwed he's been so good.

I STRONGLY suggest Long Range Bombers as this year,  Slapshots are the $$ this season.

Weber - Macinnis

Chara - Boychuk

Edler - Larsson

Also using Luongo this year, he wasn't great the first couple games but I think he's 6-1 for me now. Really enjoying using him along with the Florida Panthers uniforms.

Agree about Long Range Bombers, love using that one. I combine it with One-Timer Efficiency and set up my right handed dmen on the left and vice versa for some crazy one timers. 

I finishes my first season with the Jets (just finished retirements), and here's what stood out to me:

Scheifele was $&!# on the top line and got about 30 points.

My bottom 6 did tremendous.

Detroit offered me Tatar for a 1st (2018) and 2nd (2017), so I took it. He ended up being my leading scorer.

Dallas finished last in the League, Vancouver was tied with them, but won by a tiebreaker (ROW was tied too).

Vancouver moved back to 5th again in the lottery, but Detroit moved up from 4th to get their first ever 1st overall pick.

San Jose overcame a 3-1 deficit in the Cup Finals to beat Tampa, winning 6-0 in game 7.

Maintenance is needed everywhere, but I have no funds.

Daniel, but not Henrik, retired...which is stupid.

Any tips for the draft? I realized that the trade deadline was melodramatic, but i think the draft is supposed to be better now, right?

Is there a CDC EASHL team this season? I know a lot of the dudes here used to have a team every year, but I'm not sure about this one. I'm just curious. I wouldn't join it anyways as I already have a team.

21 hours ago, c00kies said:

I finishes my first season with the Jets (just finished retirements), and here's what stood out to me:

Scheifele was $&!# on the top line and got about 30 points.

My bottom 6 did tremendous.

Detroit offered me Tatar for a 1st (2018) and 2nd (2017), so I took it. He ended up being my leading scorer.

Dallas finished last in the League, Vancouver was tied with them, but won by a tiebreaker (ROW was tied too).

Vancouver moved back to 5th again in the lottery, but Detroit moved up from 4th to get their first ever 1st overall pick.

San Jose overcame a 3-1 deficit in the Cup Finals to beat Tampa, winning 6-0 in game 7.

Maintenance is needed everywhere, but I have no funds.

Daniel, but not Henrik, retired...which is stupid.

Any tips for the draft? I realized that the trade deadline was melodramatic, but i think the draft is supposed to be better now, right?

Lol Tatar for a 1st. That's money right there. Tatar is slick in this game.

I'm not sure about tips for the draft. It mostly depends on how you used your scouting throughout the season. Usually if I'm getting more 1st round picks I do it during the season as well.

Bought this the other day.. First one I've bought since NHL 12.. I played 14 in between for a short time.. But I see that hip checks are still pointless to do.. Also.. Can you not customize your OTP player anymore? That was always one of the fun things about the game.. I know that the 'stats' depending on what type of player you were changed.. but cant change anything about my player?? or am I just missing something...

Is there a way of updating my franchise mode when demko and stecher are added too the game?  

If I have to restart I may just opt to continue playing where I'm at.  Do they have a roster update option for players or do they force you too restart your franchise mode?

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Is there a way of updating my franchise mode when demko and stecher are added too the game?  

If I have to restart I may just opt to continue playing where I'm at.  Do they have a roster update option for players or do they force you too restart your franchise mode?

You'll have to restart 

Archived