The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 17 Thread

MusclePharm

1 minute ago, Gstank29 said:

Yawn same crap every year. Yes EA has made me jaded

They're very good at cinematic trailers, I've learned this from them throughout the years, like others have said I'll wait and see the reviews and wait till they slash the price when they realize this isn't a full value game, about a month after launch

I'm buying it day one regardless. I play enough NHL with my friends that it's worth the money.

I sure as hell wouldn't buy it if I was a solo player though

Edit: To be fair, I wouldn't buy any sports game for single player

12 minutes ago, Cocolocci said:

I remember that NHL 05 have the original international jerseys from the WCoH nations, maybe this year again?!B)

WCoH isn't part of the IIHF. It's run by the NHL and NHLPA, which means when EA SPORTS bought the rights to NHL affiliated jerseys, they also got the rights to the world cup jerseys. Either way there's no guarantees with EA.

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

WCoH isn't part of the IIHF. It's run by the NHL and NHLPA, which means when EA SPORTS bought the rights to NHL affiliated jerseys, they also got the rights to the world cup jerseys. Either way there's no guarantees with EA.

Ah okay! But in NHL 05 the jerseys were in, so maybe this year again ^_^

11 minutes ago, Cocolocci said:

Ah okay! But in NHL 05 the jerseys were in, so maybe this year again ^_^

I hope so... The generic flag logos are getting old... Would love to see Sweden's triple crown or Finland's Suomi.

3 hours ago, Baer. said:

I hope so... The generic flag logos are getting old... Would love to see Sweden's triple crown or Finland's Suomi.

I hate that, it pisses me off so much. It be cool for canada if they had all the old jerseys. Like the black one or the summit series one

Over the years I have learnt that if EA uses PC wording to try and hype their game there is nothing worth while in it.

"We added new graphics", that is literally all they have done and it is done to the lowest standard. IE they added like 100 new fan animations and nothing to do with the  gameplay animations.

Or my favourite "We have improved the physics engine". Now when you poke check from behind the puck magically goes backwards.

5 hours ago, ftmN said:

For everyone who missed it:

https://www.easports.com/nhl/nhl-17-vision

Not a whole lot to divulge here, looks slightly more polished and from the 2 below screenshots it looks like more effort has finally gone into gm mode, so there is some slight hope!

nhl17.JPG

nhl172.JPG

I'm a massive skeptic (see post on previous page), but this excites me.

The ability to actually budget your team and being able to relocate is something the NHL series has been long overdue in adding in to the game.  I really hope this is just the first of many things that are already included in pretty much every other sports game that NHL finally adds as well.

I won't get my hopes up too much, so when the hard and frustrating reality hits me I won't be that disappointed.

And yes, the relocation feature could be cool, but first I want EA Sports to start focussing on programming better AI that is actually able to behave like hockey players in some situations or know how to break the puck out.

That would be a good start.

4 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

I'm a massive skeptic (see post on previous page), but this excites me.

The ability to actually budget your team and being able to relocate is something the NHL series has been long overdue in adding in to the game.  I really hope this is just the first of many things that are already included in pretty much every other sports game that NHL finally adds as well.

I completely agree. I'm to the point of "put up or shut up" with EA. This looks promising, but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

I wouldn't get too excited about features that look good on paper/screenshots. Remember when they added 'life events' to Be a Pro? It was the most generic bunch of crap ever, ridiculously repetitive, and quickly became stale as hell. And by the end of your rookie year, you could have 100% of your teammates', managements', fans', and family's respect.

And that was just an extremely basic text-driven sideshow. They literally did only enough to make it sound interesting to people who might buy, and not a lick more.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I wouldn't get too excited about features that look good on paper/screenshots. Remember when they added 'life events' to Be a Pro? It was the most generic bunch of crap ever, ridiculously repetitive, and quickly became stale as hell. And by the end of your rookie year, you could have 100% of your teammates', managements', fans', and family's respect.

And that was just an extremely basic text-driven sideshow. They literally did only enough to make it sound interesting to people who might buy, and not a lick more.

It certainly looks like a step in the right direction. But until it's released and hear from hardcore fans, no way I'm I going to be suckered into another subpar NHL game. Again, it looks like a step in the right direction, but looks can be (and have been) deceiving in the NHL franchise.

14 hours ago, NaslundLindenBure said:

In GM Mode i hope they add where u can resign players in the middle of the season. These small thing should have been added longgggg ago

I could see this being buggy as hell where a top player like Crosby gets injured or has a rough start to the year, and you can re-sign him to a $1-2 million per year deal.

I am intrigued by they're talks of dominating the game anywhere in the league. Makes me wonder if they will go more indepth with the Euro teams, like playing BAP in Europe or possible staying there and not going to the NHL. It'd be fun if they made BAP more competitive in the sense that you could turn into a bust and then go to Europe and still have a career. I also like the relocation idea. Reminds me of Madden when they did that.  

Archived