The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Best TV Character

cabinessence

Best Character in a TV series  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, cabinessence said:

Sucks big time? Have you not listened to the people or familiarized yourself with the list? Are you telling me Cliff Claven is more influential than JJ Evans?

Yes. I am.  

Total overacting, cheesy and annoying. 

Not a great character. 

I must be missing something. 

Did I miss the sarcasm?  

These are nothing but 70s-80s actors that weren't even the best characters in their own shows. 

5 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Yes. I am.  

Total overacting, cheesy and annoying. 

Not a great character. 

I must be missing something. 

Did I miss the sarcasm?  

These are nothing but 70s-80s actors that weren't even the best characters in their own shows. 

There's a good possibility you weren't alive in the 70s, so miss the subtle cultural references. So to answer your question, I guess you are missing something. Would the Fresh Prince have been who he was without Norman Lear? 

"These are nothing but 70s-80s actors that weren't even the best characters in their own shows."

David Banner, Jack Tripper, Maude,Mr. Furley,The Fonz,Ralph Kramden,John Gage, Henry Rush,Greg Brady, JJ Evans. That's 10 first rate actors who where arguably the stars of their respective shows (giving RF some extra kudos, as he was a legend in a supporting role to Jack Tripper). The list is what it is, right or wrong, the people have spoken.

8 minutes ago, cabinessence said:

There's a good possibility you weren't alive in the 70s, so miss the subtle cultural references. So to answer your question, I guess you are missing something. Would the Fresh Prince have been who he was without Norman Lear? 

"These are nothing but 70s-80s actors that weren't even the best characters in their own shows."

David Banner, Jack Tripper, Maude,Mr. Furley,The Fonz,Ralph Kramden,John Gage, Henry Rush,Greg Brady, JJ Evans. That's 10 first rate actors who where arguably the stars of their respective shows (giving RF some extra kudos, as he was a legend in a supporting role to Jack Tripper). The list is what it is, right or wrong, the people have spoken.

I wasn't arguing the quality of the actors, just the characters.  

but who are the people?  Hahahah

Just now, drummerboy said:

I wasn't arguing the quality of the actors, just the characters.  

but who are the people?  Hahahah

We the people! Like when Pratt says 50% of you are saying...(does he mention that maybe only 2 people have called ?) I would be they are too lazy to bother picking up the phones.

1 minute ago, cabinessence said:

Are you trolling or from a rival board? This thread is possibly heading towards top 5 of the year.

Edit the poll to add 1 more option "This is a bad list"... I dare you....

4 minutes ago, Dral said:

Edit the poll to add 1 more option "This is a bad list"... I dare you....

If you don't like the list, you are welcome to make your own, which would be like a sort of alternative category/sub genre. Do you go into Mcdonald's and tell them to make you a Big Mac but use Subway sauce? Do you expect the Grammy's to award a movie  for album of the year? You're so off base here. Do you even know who Cooter is?

1 hour ago, cabinessence said:

If you don't like the list, you are welcome to make your own, which would be like a sort of alternative category/sub genre. Do you go into Mcdonald's and tell them to make you a Big Mac but use Subway sauce? Do you expect the Grammy's to award a movie  for album of the year? You're so off base here. Do you even know who Cooter is?

even your metaphors are bad

Archived