The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RGMG: The Pool - Fantasy Draft Thread

Baer.

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Is there a SS with everyone's picks? I remember seeing one earlier but it's not in the OP anymore.

Click the link in the OP that says ENTRY DRAFT PAGE in huge letters.

46 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Click the link in the OP that says ENTRY DRAFT PAGE in huge letters.

45 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Its the big bolded thinky in the OP

Didn't open when I tried earlier, but it does now. Thanks.

Slight changes to the starting goaltenders list:

You may only have 1 starting goaltender. Here is the list of goaltenders that are considered to be a starter.

Jonathan Quick, G
Devan Dubnyk, G
Pekka Rinne, G
Braden Holtby, G
Henrik Lundqvist, G
Martin Jones, G
Tuukka Rask, G
Roberto Luongo, G
Ben Bishop, G
Craig Anderson, G
Corey Crawford, G
Marc-Andre Fleury, G
Cory Schneider, G
Semyon Varlamov, G
Cam Talbot, G
Petr Mrazek, G
Steve Mason, G
Ryan Miller, G
Carey Price
Sergei Bobrovsky, G
Jaroslav Halak, G
Ondrej Pavelec, G

2 minutes ago, AriGold said:

@Patrick Kane @Baer.

Quick question towards goalies. If I take Bob Jones a goalie from the Canucks and he outplays Miller to become the #1 undisputed goalie will you make he trade him or my current goalie Holtby ? If we draft smart can potentially have 2 starting goalies ?

Clearly I am not the one you asked, but there always appears to be a few 1A / 1B tandems in the League at any given time re: Howard/Mrazek, Andersen/Gibson, Allen/Elliot, and Niemi/Lehtonen. At times one can take over but over the course of the season no real number one.

In the case of the majority listed above i'd presume the Antti Raanta's and Montoya's of the world would be appropriate.

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Clearly I am not the one you asked, but there always appears to be a few 1A / 1B tandems in the League at any given time re: Howard/Mrazek, Andersen/Gibson, Allen/Elliot, and Niemi/Lehtonen. At times one can take over but over the course of the season no real number one.

In the case of the majority listed above i'd presume the Antti Raanta's and Montoya's of the world would be appropriate.

Yeah forsure, my real questions if I want to say take Jimmy Howard and then all of a sudden Mrazek can't play hockey again and I going to be allowed to keep Howard and Holtby forever.

Or does the started list get updated every season and we will be forced to trade one ?

Just now, AriGold said:

Yeah forsure, my real questions if I want to say take Jimmy Howard and then all of a sudden Mrazek can't play hockey again and I going to be allowed to keep Howard and Holtby forever.

Or does the started list get updated every season and we will be forced to trade one ?

I don't know about the list, these things are always subjective, a grey area if you will. I would suggest if a Jimmy Howard type is on your radar, you may have a " grace period " to start the season, should that netminder start strong, you are likely going to need to " pre-emptively " shop him or risk ticking off Braden.

13 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't know about the list, these things are always subjective, a grey area if you will. I would suggest if a Jimmy Howard type is on your radar, you may have a " grace period " to start the season, should that netminder start strong, you are likely going to need to " pre-emptively " shop him or risk ticking off Braden.

Hmmm.. I think the "Ticking off Braden" thing is more of a GML thing.

I could be wrong on the direction though..

1 minute ago, AriGold said:

Hmmm.. I think the "Ticking off Braden" thing is more of a GML thing.

I could be wrong on the direction though..

GML ?

I don't know how " real " things are here, but having Holtby and Howard for a season doesn't appear to be a fit for example. But worst case scenario is you are told there could be an issue and then deal with it then if it happens at all right.

Archived