The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 3 QBs in BC Lions History

cabinessence

Top 3 QBs in BC Lions History  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This morning on the  rock n roll sports show with Bro Jake and Dave Pratt, Dave claimed Travis Lulay to be one of the top 3 quarterbacks in BC Lions history. Sat, the ever present producer tried in vain to get Pratt to justify his comments. In an episode Pratt be bopped and skatted around the issue and wouldn't answer. He may have later in the show, but yours truly wasn't able to listen to the entire broadcast. 

So, you the fans, in your minds, lets see who gets the votes. Lui Passaglia was a quarterback at SFU and pulled off arguably one of the best qbesque plays in Lions history in the 1985 Grey Cup final. So, let's get to it, heheheheheh

So Passaglia (a kicker) is on your list, but the guy voted the all-time best CFL player is not? He didn't play long in BC, but Doug Flutie is absolutely the Leos' best ever QB.

BTW: You have your poll set up so that you can only vote for one player.

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So Passaglia (a kicker) is on your list, but the guy voted the all-time best CFL player is not? He didn't play long in BC, but Doug Flutie is absolutely the Leos' best ever QB.

BTW: You have your poll set up so that you can only vote for one player.

Well, Passaglia made that amazing move in 1985 to gain a first down. Has to be there! You are correct, Tim Cowan, who is often confused with Doug Flutie made the list. The people have spoken and the switch has been made. That's the kind of guy I am. I listen to the audience and give them what they want and more!! I figured the poll numbers would dictate the top three. You can also write in your votes. We're looking for the general consensus rather than someone's personal top 3 - though both are welcomed. Comments like yours are part of what makes these threads so highly regarded.

20 hours ago, gurn said:

Flutie

Flutie

Flutie

If it can't be that then I'd go:

Flutie

Dickenson

Allen/ Throwin Samoan

I considered Paopao as part of my top three, but when I dig a bit deeper, I found that he spent most of his Lions' career as Roy DeWalt's backup. He had three solid passing seasons, but that consecutive completion record probably makes us remember his career as more significant than it was.

On 5/11/2016 at 7:33 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

These guys I remember watching and liked.

Danny McManus (1994) (Not on poll)

Damon Allen

Dave Dickenson

Great post. It is contributions like yours that have these threads soaring to the top of the readers choice awards. Danny McManus is on the poll!

I'm a Rider fan but still i follow the CFL and with the Riders rivalry with the Lions I've definitely seen some good QBs play for B.C. Doug Flutie, imo and I'm sure a lot of other people's opinions too, is the best player in CFL history. Even though he was only in BC two years he was awesome, just awesome. Then I'd say Damon Allen and Dave Dickenson. Printers was great that one year, but he didn't have the longevity of Allen or Dickenson. Plus those two guys each won at least one Grey Cup with B.C., (Printers kinda got screwed by Buono though when Wally started Dickenson in the '04 Grey Cup instead of Printers, who was league M.O.P. that year). I agree with the above poster, Danny Mac deserves honorable mention too.

57 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

People forget that Matt Dunigan also spent a year as a Leos' QB.

When you consider the body of work over his career (2 Grey Cups, 3 All-Star selections) he would earn an HM on my list as well.

Matt was a tough, tough man. The story he tells of the result of 1 of his many concussions is heart rending and scary as hell.

He got hit so hard during an away game he had to stay overnight at the local hospital for observation. He checked himself out of the hospital, called a cab, got to the airport and flew home. Gets to his house, gets to the door and begins to cry...... when he realizes he doesn't know/remember how to use his keys to open his door.

Archived