The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What you did about your real life crushes..

Mainly Mattias

I had a crush a few years back.  He was 6 years younger than me, wore baggy pants, long shirts, a backwards cap, and sneakers, flashed the nicest smile, and was an Anaheim Ducks fan.  He was such a California boy, and boy did I really like his smile and the way he dressed.  He was not really someone I would go for, but I thought of him as fun, and yeah, we a mutual interest in hockey, may not be in the same teams, but hockey.  We worked together, I would be eating lunch in the break room, and he would come into the break room, and I would be like - there's ... , how do I look?!  I Better say hi.

And what did I do about this?  Months later, I got a job working for another company.  He quit and moved to another state to work in oil.  Months later, he texted a friend of mine asking for my phone number, and then texted me telling me that he had been thinking about me, and wanted to get to know me, and how we could make it work.  The friend who he got my number from got wind of it, and asked me if I was considering dating him, and I said yes without really thinking about it.  The friend told me that he felt jealous of the guy.  The next day, the friend texted the guy telling him that he needed to back off from me, that he was in love with me, and their text messaging got intense.  The guy thought it was too much drama, and dating never got off the ground.  And for the friend, we have not talked since.

16 minutes ago, brilac said:

I had a crush a few years back.  He was 6 years younger than me, wore baggy pants, long shirts, a backwards cap, and sneakers, flashed the nicest smile, and was an Anaheim Ducks fan.  He was such a California boy, and boy did I really like his smile and the way he dressed.  He was not really someone I would go for, but I thought of him as fun, and yeah, we a mutual interest in hockey, may not be in the same teams, but hockey.  We worked together, I would be eating lunch in the break room, and he would come into the break room, and I would be like - there's ... , how do I look?!  I Better say hi.

And what did I do about this?  Months later, I got a job working for another company.  He quit and moved to another state to work in oil.  Months later, he texted a friend of mine asking for my phone number, and then texted me telling me that he had been thinking about me, and wanted to get to know me, and how we could make it work.  The friend who he got my number from got wind of it, and asked me if I was considering dating him, and I said yes without really thinking about it.  The friend told me that he felt jealous of the guy.  The next day, the friend texted the guy telling him that he needed to back off from me, that he was in love with me, and their text messaging got intense.  The guy thought it was too much drama, and dating never got off the ground.  And for the friend, we have not talked since.

boooooooooooo your "friend" is pos. That's like grade 9 girl bs. "he's mine, I saw him first."

There was this PhD student.. no I won't say.

2 hours ago, otherwise said:

boooooooooooo your "friend" is pos. That's like grade 9 girl bs. "he's mine, I saw him first."

There was this PhD student.. no I won't say.

No. Grad school drama is the funnest. Do tell.

Still trying to figure out if post docs are off limits 

Look at their mouth when you talk to them. I can't even remember where I got this from. It makes them feel insecure and there is nothing a woman wants more than to be desired. You instantly have the higher ground. 

Try it, it's crazy. 

My best advice would be get really good at something. (Girls love musicians).  

Before I was strictly a studio drummer, I played in a couple bigger touring bands, and I honestly didn't have to try at all.  

And I met my wife at a Warped Tour show I played in 8 years ago.  

chicks dig rock stars.   

And lucky for the kids nowadays, rockstars are all a bunch of tight pant pussies who suck at playing music.  

So it's pretty easy to go that route with the ladies now.   All you need is a old brown sport coat, an overly groomed beard and some weird pointy leather shoes.   You will be on C-Fox in a week, and wheeling girls like there is no tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

My best advice would be get really good at something. (Girls love musicians).  

Before I was strictly a studio drummer, I played in a couple bigger touring bands, and I honestly didn't have to try at all.  

And I met my wife at a Warped Tour show I played in 8 years ago.  

chicks dig rock stars.   

And lucky for the kids nowadays, rockstars are all a bunch of tight pant pussies who suck at playing music.  

So it's pretty easy to go that route with the ladies now.   All you need is a old brown sport coat, an overly groomed beard and some weird pointy leather shoes.   You will be on C-Fox in a week, and wheeling girls like there is no tomorrow. 

Cfox 

where the bar gets lower.

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Cfox 

where the bar gets lower.

It is getting disgusting.  I can't tell the difference between any of these bands. 

Same thing as before with theory of a nicklefault    Just a different genre.  Pussy rock is taking over.  

9 hours ago, Flume said:

No. Grad school drama is the funnest. Do tell.

Still trying to figure out if post docs are off limits 

Not much other than flirting he had a gf. :( 

I think it probably depends on the post doc, but if there is interest from them, go for it. Though keep it on the d/l because from what I have seen grad students gossip like crazy and in some cases try and take others down because of it.

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

It is getting disgusting.  I can't tell the difference between any of these bands. 

Same thing as before with theory of a nicklefault    Just a different genre.  Pussy rock is taking over.  

Haha, I thought nobody remembered that Default was a part of theory of a nicklefault! 

What bands did you tour with?!

I had a crush on a girl in high school. I became friends with her but I never made my move as like a lot of people said I was too much of a pussy to do anything about it. So after good long time of thinking I was in love with her, I finally ended up getting my first car. It was a 2001 Corolla, nothing special but I was one of the few kids in my grade that drove to school. 

That was my in. I forgot about my crush and never looked back. Although I do remember one of my friends telling me that she was miffed that I never hung out with her anymore and how I had changed. I never went back and asked her out. I think I had built it up to be larger than life in my head and I just did not want to face rejection from her. She was right though I did sort of ditch her as we had gotten fairly close as friends. She was just wrong about the reason. 

3 hours ago, otherwise said:

Not much other than flirting he had a gf. :( 

I think it probably depends on the post doc, but if there is interest from them, go for it. Though keep it on the d/l because from what I have seen grad students gossip like crazy and in some cases try and take others down because of it.

Are you also a grad student in the same lab? And that's pretty much also been my problem the last year too..

I think the power dynamic is what makes it so hot but problematic as well if maintained for a long time. It's just one of those things I am hoping happens if both of us are under the influence enough one day. Sigh.

3 hours ago, Flume said:

Are you also a grad student in the same lab? And that's pretty much also been my problem the last year too..

I think the power dynamic is what makes it so hot but problematic as well if maintained for a long time. It's just one of those things I am hoping happens if both of us are under the influence enough one day. Sigh.

nah, he taught half this class my last semester of my bachelors and then he worked in the same lab as me for a bit while this prof was trying to convince me to do my masters.

I should add that his gf was doing her masters in a diff department, so yeah.

Archived