The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yan-Pavel Laplante | LW/C

stonecoldstevebernier

13 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes Dorsett would definitely add to a contending playoff bound team. But I think LaPlante might need a nore than one season under Green? If not that would allow us to exchange Dorsett.

It's safe to assume an undrafted overager from the Q won't be ready to play in the NHL this year. 

21 minutes ago, wshdrvvn said:

It's safe to assume an undrafted overager from the Q won't be ready to play in the NHL this year. 

Your right he probably  won't be ready but his style should translate very quickly to the NHL if he can handle the physicality being average sized like Dorsett. They play very similar games although  Laplantes shot is better.  Yan-pavel Laplante  was also drafted 3rd round by Phoenix. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Laplante has nine points in his last eight games with the Aces after three in his first 14. Hopefully he can continue his good run until the end of the year and translate that a level up next year, similar to McEneny last season. The entire Comets top line (Archibald-Valk-Grenier) all spent time in the ECHL so there's hope for Laplante yet to improve.

1 hour ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Laplante has nine points in his last eight games with the Aces after three in his first 14. Hopefully he can continue his good run until the end of the year and translate that a level up next year, similar to McEneny last season. The entire Comets top line (Archibald-Valk-Grenier) all spent time in the ECHL so there's hope for Laplante yet to improve.

Agreed. Also, Laplante is a former 3rd round pick... So there is upside. I think he just needs a little more development time. Playing in the ECHL isn't as bad as it once was, lots of meaningful NHL players have done time in that league. 

Fingers crossed with him, much like all the prospects in the Canucks system, at the moment.

• 1 month later...

It would appear Laplante is on his way up, as an emergency recall... Utica has their biggest game of the year today so there was no way they were calling someone up from there. Good for Laplante to hopefully take advantage of an unusual situation and get to make a dream come true, I hope he gets a goal off of his leg tonight or something.

1 hour ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

It would appear Laplante is on his way up, as an emergency recall... Utica has their biggest game of the year today so there was no way they were calling someone up from there. Good for Laplante to hopefully take advantage of an unusual situation and get to make a dream come true, I hope he gets a goal off of his leg tonight or something.

Alaska is broke. Does this mean he has to buy his own ticket? :) 

So so year but I liked his play during the Penticton Prospects tourney.

• 5 months later...

Archived