The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Battlefield 1 thread

numb3r 16

2 hours ago, BI3KSA- said:

Its great to see Battlefield go back to its roots in old style warfare. The best Battlefields by far imo were 1942 and Vietnam. I'm really excited for this one, should be really good. 

Consensus for best Battlefield is generally BF2, to which I must agree.  Very fun to try out all the mods.

I'm just looking forward to committing more war atrocities with all that phosgene gas.  I don't want to see what happens when people put on the mask... I want to see what happens when people DON'T put on the mask...!

And inb4 obligatory Infinite Warfare thread.

5 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Consensus for best Battlefield is generally BF2, to which I must agree.  Very fun to try out all the mods.

I'm just looking forward to committing more war atrocities with all that phosgene gas.  I don't want to see what happens when people put on the mask... I want to see what happens when people DON'T put on the mask...!

And inb4 obligatory Infinite Warfare thread.

Eh, BF2 wasnt even close to 1942 or Vietnam IMO. Plenty of nostalgia to cloud my opinion on this topic though 

10 minutes ago, BI3KSA- said:

Eh, BF2 wasnt even close to 1942 or Vietnam IMO. Plenty of nostalgia to cloud my opinion on this topic though 

As a history student, my love for war is based in the old stuff.  Lots to agree with here.

If 1942 and Vietnam were your thing, then have you heard of Rising Storm 2 coming out?  RO/Rising Storm is best WWII shooter out there by far, and I'm looking forward to see what Rising Storm 2 has to offer.

5 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

As a history student, my love for war is based in the old stuff.  Lots to agree with here.

If 1942 and Vietnam were your thing, then have you heard of Rising Storm 2 coming out?  RO/Rising Storm is best WWII shooter out there by far, and I'm looking forward to see what Rising Storm 2 has to offer.

Its definitely a love of old war history that does it for me on the 1942/Vietnam over BF2 topic. I love old war stuff, and the way those games were made was so awesome, even if BF2 was obecjtively the better game the setting and style/nostalgic experiences make the other two better for me. The playstyle differences between American and Viet forces in Vietnam was so well done and lend itself to a fantastic experience.

Ahh, relishing in old nostalgic memories right now

I hadnt seen this trailer yet, this looks like it could be very good! I'm excited to check it out. I'll definitely be checking the first one out too, thanks for showing me this. 

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

There are realistic shooters out there, modern and historical.  If you think Battlefield is going to be that, keep looking.  They are not hard to find.

MAG was the last shooter I played that I somewhat enjoyed.  Guess I was the only one...

On 5/20/2016 at 2:33 PM, Tre Mac said:

MAG was the last shooter I played that I somewhat enjoyed.  Guess I was the only one...

Try SQUAD on steam (still in development). It is a cross between Battlefield and ARMA. Somewhat realistic but easy to get into. Shows a lot of promise and I will be playing once I think I have some time.

On 5/25/2016 at 0:29 PM, kurtis said:

I used to play battlefield 1942 at Internet cafes with buddies. Great memories..

I have played more battlefield than any other game by far. Only had the demo for 1942 with the one map - Wake Island but still had my best gaming moment ever. Sitting in a pillbox near the airport flag with unlimited health and ammo crates fighting back wave after wave of enemies coming up from the beach. Good times!

6 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

Try SQUAD on steam (still in development). It is a cross between Battlefield and ARMA. Somewhat realistic but easy to get into. Shows a lot of promise and I will be playing once I think I have some time.

Still waiting for optimization for AMD processors.  Game absolutely broken for anyone who doesn't use Intel.

Archived