The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

On Nazareth, love their old ballad 'Sunshine'..beautiful vocal.

Also their big hit 'This Flight Tonite'..didn't know until yrs later that our Joni penned it.

I first noticed them with their cover of Love Hurts..I think it was around 74-75

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

On Nazareth, love their old ballad 'Sunshine'..beautiful vocal.

Also their big hit 'This Flight Tonite'..didn't know until yrs later that our Joni penned it.

LOVE that song.  Been too long since I've heard it.

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I also loved these guys, The Pursuit Of Happiness and Rymes With Orange (that's how they spelled it)

i seen t.p.o.h. at the town pump , way back in 88 , miss that place , the owner at that time was from rupert and rupert ppl got in free.

• Upvote 1

OK last post, I promise.  Let me set the stage for this.  The Hip.  Loved them.  LOVE them.  The guys I went to this concert with early in the day got completely hammered.  We went to the pub before the show to play pool and they did not pace themselves.  I ditched both of them and went up the road to the show myself.  Got front row. 

Near the end almost got squished to death and one of the green shirted security guys noticed and lifted me over the fence into the space between the stage and the crowd.

What a show though.  The good old days.  Oh Canada.

• Upvote 3

I saw Wide Mouth Mason 3 times in about a yr and half.  Seemed they opened for everybody. Twice in Victoria and once it was just Shawn Mullins?, as the band had  a "wooble", one dude went skiing and the other went home for the birth of a child. Guy put on a reasonable show solo.

• Upvote 1
On 5/20/2016 at 9:47 AM, ShakyWalton said:

A few of us think it might be a good idea to post Canadian tunes you are listening to, there are some great Canadian artists out there so its time to give them a little recognition,, even if the band isnt from Canada but has a Canadian member..that will work as well ..so without further ado...only Canada will do.

Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers were the first Canadian group signed by Berry Gordy and Motown records....they were previously known in town as Little Daddy and the Bachelors and included a young Tommy Chong ..before the Cheech days...

On 5/20/2016 at 9:47 AM, ShakyWalton said:

A few of us think it might be a good idea to post Canadian tunes you are listening to, there are some great Canadian artists out there so its time to give them a little recognition,, even if the band isnt from Canada but has a Canadian member..that will work as well ..so without further ado...only Canada will do.

Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers were the first Canadian group signed by Berry Gordy and Motown records....they were previously known in town as Little Daddy and the Bachelors and included a young Tommy Chong ..before the Cheech days...

Good one Mike. Hogan's Alley's finest!

• Upvote 1