The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

On 9/5/2017 at 8:16 AM, chon derry said:

I went to the stand back concert here in Rupert the fall of 75 ,was only 16 ,pretty blitzed for the start  which was total darkness and the big cannon went off BOOM ! both my girl friend (wife now) literally landed on our backs. lol

Nice.

My @##$#$#$ got hammered at the Nature of the Beast concert. I guess his head started spinning and he said he had to leave. I told my bud to get his bud to take care of him. I followed him out and it was a good thing because he started groping any woman within reach on the way out; both hands out to either side. I had to fend off a couple of angry boyfriends. He was kind of speed staggering so I had to do it while keeping up with him.

His bud catches up to us at the lobby area and asks why he has to take care of him. I told him " You fed him the booze, now you get to watch him." They went to a park across the street and listened to the concert from outside. My #&^%$@# was slightly less drunk by the time the concert was over. He claims to not remember the groping. One of his first times getting drunk.

Edit: I would like to add that he has never done anything like that since.

Edited by RWMc1

First time I heard this I switched channels and landed on this song part-way through when he was sitting on the sidewalk. At first I thought it was the dude from Black-Eyed Peas. I thought "They finally made a decent song(lyrically)." Wrong again I guess.  except where is the love

Edited by RWMc1
13 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Nice.

My @##$#$#$ got hammered at the Nature of the Beast concert. I guess his head started spinning and he said he had to leave. I told my bud to get his bud to take care of him. I followed him out and it was a good thing because he started groping any woman within reach on the way out; both hands out to either side. I had to fend off a couple of angry boyfriends. He was kind of speed staggering so I had to do it while keeping up with him.

His bud catches up to us at the lobby area and asks why he has to take care of him. I told him " You fed him the booze, now you get to watch him." They went to a park across the street and listened to the concert from outside. My #&^%$@# was slightly less drunk by the time the concert was over. He claims to not remember the groping. One of his first times getting drunk. Hilarious for us, but not for those women I'll bet.

so I got a buddie in Louisburg n.s. he's originally from there but he lived most of his life in Rupert  he moved back a few years ago,anyway he leased a lobster boat ,he was tinkering around the boat not to long ago and myles goodwyn turned up they talked and jeff took him out for a cruise ,now there good buddies lol, so 2 years ago jeff was approached by the discovery network, he has  a tuna licence so he's been on the show "catching monsters" he's the new guy or the rookie or whatever. needless to say since he went back home hes kind of a big deal out in Louisburg now. they played a nasty prank on him ,and if they really knew Jeffery they wouldn't have done it...he's a wild one

I took this pic of the wild one 20 years ago moose hunting ,we got one don't ask me how ,were pretty crispy in this pic.

935454_10151383299796638_2133753215_n.jpg

Edited by chon derry
  • Upvote 2

Got to see Stephen Fearing in concert tonight!

I'd seen him years ago when he was a member of Blackie and The Rodeo Kings and never knew who he was! How embarrassing! :blush::lol:

This isn't labeled Stephen Fearing but it's him

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Upvote 2

Was looking into some of the music on the Netflix show Mind Hunter and at the end of episode 4 was this. Turns out its Canadian with an interesting story. Not a fan of the strt though...

Klaatu was a Canadian progressive rock group formed in 1973 by the duo of John Woloschuk and Dee Long. They named themselves after the extraterrestrial character Klaatu in the film The Day the Earth Stood Still. After recording two non-charting singles, drummer Terry Draper was added to the line-up; this trio would comprise Klaatu throughout the rest of the band's recording career.

In Canada, the band is remembered for several hits, including "California Jam", "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" and "Knee Deep In Love". In the U.S. "Calling Occupants" b/w "Sub-Rosa Subway" was a minor double-sided hit and their only chart entry, peaking at No. 62 in 1977.

The band is also remembered internationally for rumors that they were the Beatles recording under a pseudonym. Klaatu themselves did not start these rumors and always flatly denied them, and indeed no Beatle was ever involved in the writing, recording or production of any Klaatu material.

• Upvote 1

prior to trooper changing their name from applejack to trooper they were called winters green and were the house band at the Rupert hotel at bogies cabaret which back then was called the HoHo room. this song was written about Rupert and tributed to Rupert at one of the many trooper concerts held here   .song is about a weekend party at tugwell island , lots of good bashs out there ,even 1 wedding which was also a lot of fun.

• Upvote 2
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:42 AM, gurn said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWG4M3TbnsQ

Won't embed, but worth the watch to see Randy going crazy on his guitar.

American Woman and No Time from 2003 SARS concert.

I've met a couple of the boys.

Randy was a pretty regular customer of mine at a shop in Richmond for a stretch. Being from Winnipeg, he was asked to do a couple of songs between periods when the Jets came to Vancouver for their last visit before heading the desert. Being from Winnipeg, Randy invited me to the game. Got gifted 2knd row behind the home teams goal seats. I have to admit, I was more mesmerized by Selanne versus Mogilny at ice level, than the show. The speed at ice level was spectacular. Beyond what I had ever seen! 

I also had his brother Tim as a client in Abbotsford. LOL,he did real estate. And had pictures of himself on stage, in Texas with BTO, with his shirt off on his card. But way back, I got mugged one day at a 7 -11 at St Johns and Main back home. Burton got stabbed there two days later & it made the national news. I did meet him and mention. He said he had all kinds of song he has never sung about the violence in the North End.

Anyways, love both BTO & the Guess Who!

Maybe this earlier copy will embed?

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I've met a couple of the boys.

Randy was a pretty regular customer of mine at a shop in Richmond for a stretch. Being from Winnipeg, he was asked to do a couple of songs between periods when the Jets came to Vancouver for their last visit before heading the desert. Being from Winnipeg, Randy invited me to the game. Got gifted 2knd row behind the home teams goal seats. I have to admit, I was more mesmerized by Selanne versus Mogilny at ice level, than the show. The speed at ice level was spectacular. Beyond what I had ever seen! 

I also had his brother Tim as a client in Abbotsford. LOL,he did real estate. And had pictures of himself on stage, in Texas with BTO, with his shirt off on his card. But way back, I got mugged one day at a 7 -11 at St Johns and Main back home. Burton got stabbed there two days later & it made the national news. I did meet him and mention. He said he had all kinds of song he has never sung about the violence in the North End.

Anyways, love both BTO & the Guess Who!

Maybe this earlier copy will embed?

I met Randy on The Skeena Queen during a Salt Spring Island to Swartz Bay run. Asked if his album "Jazz Thing" was going to be released on vinyl and he said "No". I razzed him a bit ' But aren't you the guy on CBC's Vinyl Tap Stories?" He looked down, shook his head and  replied that the company just wouldn't listen to him.

I've seen Randy and Burton doing a concert in Victoria's memorial arena and Randy in Powell River during his "Every Song Tells A story" tour.

Have always found him to be a good guy, no ego.

I don't know if this is "good' jazz or not but I kinda like it  once in a while.

Edited by gurn
  • Upvote 1