The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

Part way through this concert Jerry Lee suffers a serious jaw drop while watching Jeff Healey play. Walking off stage Jerry is saying " You have been touched by the hand of God and can play for me anywhere, anytime, let's go on tour"

If you can find the full concert it is worth it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Saw Long John at the Winnipeg Folk Festival. My mum took me as a kid.

Saw this, might have been the first time I'v heard in 40 years? This is very good...

Saw him live twice

once in Duncan B.C. with a back up band, in the Village Green pub.

Great couple of sets. 

funniest part of the show was this gal, just turned 19 and she's yelling at him " Take me, I'm yours".  He looks down, way, way, down at her and says " Child you are old enough to be my granddaughter, and if you were born in Duncan I just may be." :lol:

She had no idea he was as queer as a three dollar bill. :lol:

next show was just John and one guitarist in Powell River, heck of a good time. He said he'd come back to P.R. with the whole band and do a show, but passed away before he could do it. :(

He discovered Rod Stewart, busking at a railway station, asked Rod to follow him and led him into John's recording company and told them to sign the kid while they could.

Also Reginald Dwight played in his back up band, and upon changing his first name to Elton to honour an old jazz/blues player took the last name of John as tribute to the tall man.

spoilers for this tune as it is the uncensored "Thrill Is A Thrill"

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

was listening to a Scottish radio station and heard this song. Sounds like they ripped off Gordon Lightfoot's Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Yep, sounds very similar, probably lose a court case if Gord decides to sue.

• 2 weeks later...