The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, Green Building said:

You're damn right oldies. 

At some point so many members of a band leave that I lose interest. Call it evolution if you like, I call it you've lost your 3rd original band member, change your name. Propagandhi ceased being Propagandhi when Samson left, and to quote him: I don't even care any &^@#ing more. 

Also. if you're on Youtube, for example, copy the browser link, then paste it right in your comment.

This is the link to Supporting Caste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbBlnFtb8W4

If you copy/paste it it should turn into a video right away. I hit enter after hitting paste. Boom. Know how.

Thanks for the tip. 

But, PROPAGANDHI became who they where when he left.    They were good, but after that they became great.  His style wasn't even close to a fit for that band.   He is The Weakerthans.   Which is straight up weakerthan  Propagandhi ;)

He had no place there to begin with.  

Two totally different style.   They needed a bass player, he needed a band to play in.  They made it work until they both found what they needed. 

They have been the same lead guitar/vox and drummer for almost 30 years.  Todd has been their bass player for 20 years.  That's more than double the time Samson was there.    

This line up is Propagandhi.   

5 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Thanks for the tip. 

But, PROPAGANDHI became who they where when he left.    They were good, but after that they became great.  His style wasn't even close to a fit for that band.   He is The Weakerthans.   Which is straight up weakerthan  Propagandhi ;)

He had no place there to begin with.  

Two totally different style.   They needed a bass player, he needed a band to play in.  They made it work until they both found what they needed. 

They have been the same lead guitar/vox and drummer for almost 30 years.  Todd has been their bass player for 20 years.  That's more than double the time Samson was there.    

This line up is Propagandhi.   

Wow that is a good punk song. Thanks.

Shouldn't take long to figure out who this is:

Tom Sparks and the other guy did an album with each guy doing one half the album.

Randy Bachman - on hiatus with BTO or Brave Belt or The Guess Who, also wasn't motivated enough to release another solo album, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

my buddy worked in a small bar in massett on the charlottes i went in to see him one nite around dinner time and there was only one guy in the bar and he was strumming a guitar ,i asked him who played that song , he replied some guy named terry jacks, it was him, he goes there every year in the summer. i went and had a beer with him on his boat, called seasons in the sun. true storie.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, chon derry said:

my buddy worked in a small bar in massett on the charlottes i went in to see him one nite around dinner time and there was only one guy in the bar and he was strumming a guitar ,i asked him who played that song , he replied some guy named terry jacks, it was him, he goes there every year in the summer. i went and had a beer with him on his boat, called seasons in the sun. true storie.

Terry is 72 now...he suffered a stroke back in Mar and is recuperating.

• Upvote 1