The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

55 minutes ago, Tigs said:

Regardless of where you sit it all leads to playing SV in the playoffs at some point. Playoffs are just an imaginary point of success in Puck, ultimately leading to a later draft pick. Life is meaningless. (:P)

Sounds a lot like the real playoffs haha.

Hopefully all the other playoff teams see your post and ditch their cup hopes for a better pick. I don't mind imaginary success...

Another tough decision to make. Ward against a Wings team on their 2nd half of a back to back or Quick who are struggling but eager to bounce back against the Oilers. I'm sticking with my gut and going to go with Ward just because there's a higher chance of him winning but then again it can easily go either way with Quick. If they both win, then it's a win win but it just puts some more heat on the goalie controversy going on in LA.

7 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

CDC Puck.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @Beary Sweet, the Los Angeles Kings are pleased to announce the re-signings of:

Matthew Peca - 2 years, $875k AAV

Dalton Thrower - 2 years, $825k AAV

Thanks to @Captain Azzy for his patience and fair negotiations. I really owe him a beer or two, same with @somethingvery and @Master Mind though maybe I could give you both a chariot instead maybe:P;) to see who wins the Puck Cup. It will really come down to the players that bring their season success come playoff time. It's always exciting when it's that time of year again. Excited to have Matthew and Dalton for a few more years as they continue to hone their game out down in the minors and hope that they can be a part of something special down the road

Holy smokes... The Canucks are tearing it up. I thought I had the first wild card locked up... looks like I'll be getting the 2nd spot though and a first round exit vs the Blackhawks... 

I deserve to be fired as much as Jimbo does. To be fair though, I'm not getting paid to focus on this full time. 

@Tylez could be GM of the year candidate orchestrating such a strong turn around.

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

Holy smokes... The Canucks are tearing it up. I thought I had the first wild card locked up... looks like I'll be getting the 2nd spot though and a first round exit vs the Blackhawks... 

I deserve to be fired as much as Jimbo does. To be fair though, I'm not getting paid to focus on this full time. 

@Tylez could be GM of the year candidate orchestrating such a strong turn around.

should've traded for Canuck legend Reid Boucher while you could've! ;) 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Thanks for the kind words man. I do my best! Wish I got bones from you though:( :P

2 hours ago, Tylez said:

Legit no words to describe this run I am on. Honestly did think I'd be any higher then a wild card. Yet here now sitting I  3rd in the Pacific and only 101 pts from @Beary Sweet... I was only 100 pts behind @pmalina a few days ago. Crazy how fast things can change!! But also saying That, things can change fast :huh:

I'm getting real scared but with a healthy lineup, I really need everyone to step up. There's a few players I'm not getting enough production from and had my #1 goalie had not been out for 3/4 of the year, it might be a different story. I'm definitely worried about a 1st round exit but I have players who are on the outside looking in but are inching closer to a playoff spot like Tampa so I'm confident I can right the ship before it's too late

15 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'm getting real scared but with a healthy lineup, I really need everyone to step up. There's a few players I'm not getting enough production from and had my #1 goalie had not been out for 3/4 of the year, it might be a different story. I'm definitely worried about a 1st round exit but I have players who are on the outside looking in but are inching closer to a playoff spot like Tampa so I'm confident I can right the ship before it's too lat

Eh, teams go on runs.

And get the runs??? :blush:

We have 12 points from Burakovsky this month, 19 from Radulov? Only 40 goalie points after leading the league all year in net...

The good news is those types of runs also run out of steam. We expect players like Rask & these forwards to come back blazing and give us a boost!

On a separate note; Boston would like to welcome back Joel Eriksson Ek to our line up today.  Lets see how he goes?  And congratulate draftee Tyson Jost on his real life contract with the Colorado Avalanche!   Good times a comin boys!!!  :towel:

Fantasy hockey gods really don't want me in the playoffs lol

-Doan likely done for the season (except for maybe the final game), probably his career too

-Markstrom out for the season

-Burns cold streak (although it's since been snapped)

-McAvoy starting with Providence for the rest of the season

- @Tylez on the hot streak, of course

Ah well, we'll make it next year

Just letting everyone know that the Colorado Avalanche are open for business. Duchene, Sodeberg, Ryan, Gagner, Parise, Lovejoy, Leddy and Talbot are all available for trades. My asking prices aren't that high, I'm looking for more depth. Make me an offer that'll get me that depth and i'll do it. 

The following players have been traded, so don't ask about them: 

Soderstrom 

Girard 

Niskanen 

Spurgeon 

I'm looking to add more picks to my lineup as well, so if anyone is interested in trading their picks let me know. Obviously, the moves we make prior to the end of the season are involving players that aren't eligible for the playoffs but still, if you're a non-playoff team, gimme a shout. 

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Eh, teams go on runs.

And get the runs??? :blush:

We have 12 points from Burakovsky this month, 19 from Radulov? Only 40 goalie points after leading the league all year in net...

The good news is those types of runs also run out of steam. We expect players like Rask & these forwards to come back blazing and give us a boost!

On a separate note; Boston would like to welcome back Joel Eriksson Ek to our line up today.  Lets see how he goes?  And congratulate draftee Tyson Jost on his real life contract with the Colorado Avalanche!   Good times a comin boys!!!  :towel:

Hmmm, would like to trumpet a good day. And it was!

Anchored by Eriksson Ek (a goal, 3 hits, 7.25 fantasy points), Radulov and Rask.  

But I mucked up my rotation.  I dont seem to have Rask in today (?); so lost out on his shutout points.  So its a good day missing 15 points I guess...  LOL

Still made up some good ground.  And had players we want back on the scoresheet scoring.

I am going to have a beer, but quietly go out back and slap around the GM...  :P

4 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Fantasy hockey gods really don't want me in the playoffs lol

-Doan likely done for the season (except for maybe the final game), probably his career too

-Markstrom out for the season

-Burns cold streak (although it's since been snapped)

-McAvoy starting with Providence for the rest of the season

- @Tylez on the hot streak, of course

Ah well, we'll make it next year

Probably!

At the beginning of the year you had one of, if not the best prospect pools in Puck. Traded half of it to improve your team. Then traded 1/2 your team back to re-establish your prospect strengths? Can you resist the itch to do it all over again?

I would bet, if you just let it play out...  Your young players developing will get you where you want to go! 

Archived