The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Probably!

At the beginning of the year you had one of, if not the best prospect pools in Puck. Traded half of it to improve your team. Then traded 1/2 your team back to re-establish your prospect strengths? Can you resist the itch to do it all over again?

I would bet, if you just let it play out...  Your young players developing will get you where you want to go! 

That's the plan now, is to let the kids take over. I've got ~20 people coming in in the draft, and if there's a move that works for us in the offseason (have two happening already with a couple others in the works), hopefully I can get some prospects back through that as well.

Just now, thejazz97 said:

That's the plan now, is to let the kids take over. I've got ~20 people coming in in the draft, and if there's a move that works for us in the offseason (have two happening already with a couple others in the works), hopefully I can get some prospects back through that as well.

Just two? :huh:        :huh::huh: 

C'mon... :P 

Really hoping the Canes can sneak in over Boston. They've been one of the hottest teams in the league earning a point at least in their last 13 and Ward has been a big reason why they've been in such a torrid run. Thanks to @somethingvery for trading him over to me as he's ended up being my savior in goal as Quick and his Kings have been struggling. Though I wouldn't mind Tampa getting in either having one of their key secondary producers in my team. Either way, Ward might've led them into the playoffs though lots of teams are still in the picture. Anything can happen especially in today's NHL

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I would bet, if you just let it play out...  Your young players developing will get you where you want to go! 

That's a piece of advice I should use for myself. I should have hung on to Markus Granlund and Brayden Point. I won't be surprised if I have the same regret in trading Tyler Benson, Sonny Milano, and Slater Koekkoek.

At least I emulate the RL Rangers well, since they're always trading futures for immediate help :lol:

11 hours ago, Master Mind said:

That's a piece of advice I should use for myself. I should have hung on to Markus Granlund and Brayden Point. I won't be surprised if I have the same regret in trading Tyler Benson, Sonny Milano, and Slater Koekkoek.

At least I emulate the RL Rangers well, since they're always trading futures for immediate help :lol:

I'm having the same problem now also lol. I traded a bunch of young prospects who were ready to step into the NHL for more futures like picks and young players that are helping me now. I got some help now but fantasy wise, it's been hurting me. I guess it was better to get something rather than risk losing them to Vegas. But I was only going to lose one player. I had one of deepest prospect pools, now I barely have one. Good thing there's the draft to restock the pool haha

11 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Really hoping the Canes can sneak in over Boston. They've been one of the hottest teams in the league earning a point at least in their last 13 and Ward has been a big reason why they've been in such a torrid run. Thanks to @somethingvery for trading him over to me as he's ended up being my savior in goal as Quick and his Kings have been struggling. Though I wouldn't mind Tampa getting in either having one of their key secondary producers in my team. Either way, Ward might've led them into the playoffs though lots of teams are still in the picture. Anything can happen especially in today's NHL

I'm hoping the Canes sneak in too, as I put money on them to make the playoffs. But if they don't, that does help my team as I don't have any players from them. Kind of a win-win in the smallest of ways.

4 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'm having the same problem now also lol. I traded a bunch of young prospects who were ready to step into the NHL for more futures like picks and young players that are helping me now. I got some help now but fantasy wise, it's been hurting me. I guess it was better to get something rather than risk losing them to Vegas. But I was only going to lose one player. I had one of deepest prospect pools, now I barely have one. Good thing there's the draft to restock the pool haha

Mark this down as yet another trade with somethingvery that immensely helps out a team; you're welcome Beary Sweet and all my trading partners.

We continue to be open for business, providing great players at bargain prices - come one come all :)

Great night for the Kings. Hornqvist, Namestnikov recorded a helper, Seabrook notched a pair of his own while Kesler exploded on the 2nd half of the Ducks' back to back with 3 assists tonight. Even though Quick and his Kings lost and got eliminated from playoff contention, he made a miraculous save that should be a candidate for save of the year

looking forward to how he and his Kings bounce back next season as it might've been a different story had he and his other teammates like Toffoli had stayed healthy for a full year. Hope they finish the season strong though. 

Amazing night from the Canucks. Had every roster spot full and most everyone came through. With Ryan White had played, feel I could have been tops tonight. Tbh surprised that I had this good of a night. Not that it will matter too much as we will play each other anyway but watch out @Beary Sweet... imma Comin!!!!

Archived