The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

5 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

That being said, the closest matchup is @Blue Jay 22 versus @oldnews...just 0.25pts in it! Looks like the Nashville sweep may just have backfired for BJ, and that oldie may sneak through?

Way too early to call that imo. 

My top 3 playoff skaters are done - 11 overall are done.  We both have our goaltenders and a core of about a handful of players that will hammer it out to the end.

Anderson

Tarasenko

Gardiner

Koivu

Perron

Vlasic

McDonagh

Scandella

vs

Gibson

Draisaitl

Carlson

Klefbom

Beaulieu

Plekanec

Zuccarello

This one could be decided by 0.2 fpts in the end.

Best of luck to BlueJay22. 

2 hours ago, Nail said:

To be fair, I was expecting a first round exit with the amount of playoff depth we had.

Jeebus, 1.9 points the difference. A couple of blocked shots the separation between you two ATM... :wacko:

Matchup of the 1st round!

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Jeebus, 1.9 points the difference. A couple of blocked shots the separation between you two ATM... :wacko:

Matchup of the 1st round!

I'm not sure whether I want Phil to lose for a higher 1st or Phil to win for a chaos bracket.

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Oooooops!

Gave @wallstreetamigo back Rasks OT loser points.  I must have missed hitting the save button when I rotated my goalie before last nights games?  I did not register for the win Boston had over Ott in game 5. 

There ya go, 10 points free... :blush:

Ouch, would hate to see someone lose because they didn't click save.

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Oooooops!

Gave @wallstreetamigo back Rasks OT loser points.  I must have missed hitting the save button when I rotated my goalie before last nights games?  I did not register for the win Boston had over Ott in game 5. 

There ya go, 10 points free... :blush:

I appreciate it but I don't think it's going to help my cause lol

Probably a good time for me to do handshakes with @Tylez. With most of my players eliminated or already headed to the next round, it's safe to say barring Holtby choking or Bozak getting a hatty, there's no way I'm getting out of the 1st round now. Kudos to you for building a playoff filled team as I didn't acquire enough playoff players. We are excited and looking forward to this year's draft, ED and offseason to see what the team may have in store. We're certainly looking to improve the team with some under the radar free agent signings but we're more excited about having a more healthy lineup next year that should be a contending team if everything goes our way. 

5 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Probably a good time for me to do handshakes with @Tylez. With most of my players eliminated or already headed to the next round, it's safe to say barring Holtby choking or Bozak getting a hatty, there's no way I'm getting out of the 1st round now. Kudos to you for building a playoff filled team as I didn't acquire enough playoff players. We are excited and looking forward to this year's draft, ED and offseason to see what the team may have in store. We're certainly looking to improve the team with some under the radar free agent signings but we're more excited about having a more healthy lineup next year that should be a contending team if everything goes our way. 

Hey man it ain't over till the final horn goes! ANYTHING can happen. For my sake I hope it doesnt. But this has been a well faught series! You've done great and I look forward to our future battles! 

Really nice to see Macarthur bury the Bruins and Burrows move on to the next round.

However, the win for Anderson gives BlueJay22 and his Stars a 1.5 fantasy pt lead in our series.

So this great series is going to boil down to a head to head between the only two guys standing - Jake Gardiner and John Carlson.

Normally I'd feel better about this matchup, but Carlson has not had a very good year by his standards, only 1 pt in the playoffs  and Gardiner has the 5fpt edge in the playoffs.

This one will be fun to watch/isolate.   Carolina and Philly down to the wire as well = Marner vs Reilly.

Go Caps / Carlson!

8 minutes ago, Nail said:

Holy moly, if the stats are final then we've eeked out a series win by 1 point off the back of Mitch Marner and his 5 hits (had 4 all serious previous to this game :lol:)

Cant get much closer than that!

Likewise.  We appear to have edged BlueJay22's Stars by 2 fantasy points - points we didn't score until the final play of the series with Carlson gaining an assist.

Feel bad for BlueJay22 here - great series and hats off  - his club was the 6th best in the postseason but we both drew a tough matchup.   Don't feel bad for Gardiner though - not sure why but face of his annoys me.

10 minutes ago, Nail said:

Holy moly, if the stats are final then we've eeked out a series win by 1 point off the back of Mitch Marner and his 5 hits (had 4 all serious previous to this game :lol:)

Cant get much closer than that!

Great series came down to 1 point! Good luck in the next round. Shame those Marner hits won't be happening  

Congratulations to @inane for an amazing playoff performance. Couldn't really say that I was in the race at all considering that you had almost double my points. Even with a healthy Letang and a couple other guys sneaking into the playoffs I don't think I had much of a chance either way. Finishing eight overall is not bad but expected a little more from my team and probably should have traded some of my bubble players away for playoff reinforcements. 

That said, quite happy to see some of my players doing well. Lundqvist in particular is having a spectacular playoffs, finishing tied for fourth in points after the first round. 

Good luck to the rest of the teams in the next round of the playoffs! Pittsburgh is open to making moves between now and the expansion draft. Our priority is to create some cap space. Message me if you are interested!

Archived