The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

9 hours ago, Master Mind said:

small.png  To DAL: Artemi Panarin

small.png  To CBJ: Victor Arvidsson

Thanks to @Mr.Miyagi for getting this deal done. As any GM with cap space in this league can attest to, we had been "working the phones" quite a bit over the last few weeks, trying to make a deal in which we could get back under the cap. We had lots of discussions, but nothing that made sense for us. Then this came together in a flash last night.

We are quite bullish on the real-life Blue Jackets. They have one of the best young bluelines in the league, and possibly the best goaltender in the league. The only thing they were missing was a dominant offensive player who could lead their offense, and Panarin will now be that guy for them. With the increased ice time, and being the catalyst for their fantastic PP, Artemi's already strong production is likely to increase. However, when he was traded to the Blue Jackets, with Jones and Bobrovsky already in tow, we were unsure about having 3 key players from one team. With the need to shed cap space, trading one of them for a cheaper player was the likely end-game. Turns out Dallas had a similar concern over having 3 core Predators. We are big fans of Arvidsson the player, his production is at least close to Panarin's, and his salary is very team-friendly for the next 2 years, so this was a perfect fit.

Columbus would also like to note that we are not normally in the business of extending players to long-term deals, and then trading them. After Panarin's trade to the Blue Jackets IRL, we shopped him quite heavily, but did not get a good offer. Then in contract negotiations, we expressed our concerns, and tried to work out a 1-year deal.  (The last thing we wanted was to encounter an offer sheet like what we got last year with Barrie, because he's worth far more than the compensation picks, and at the time we were unaware that we would be able to match and still trade him.) However, Artemi's agent said his client wanted money and term, regardless of what team it was for, and it was impossible to argue that he had not earned it, so we gave him what he wanted. So it's nice to find a good fit for him in Dallas, where he will still get the opportunity to play with a very strong team (Panarin - Carter - Tarasenko is one hell of a scary line) and compete for the Cup...we hope to see him in the Finals!

12 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Thanks to @thejazz97 and @LilBurrows for all the time put into making this trade, and thanks to @somethingvery for processing.

Was not easy to give up Crawford, but we hope that Mason and Lehtonen each get a good number of starts, and that Forsberg takes a big step forward this year.

Happy to get some draft picks back, including our 1st, as well as a quality young forward in Caggiula.

Best of all, we got to keep up in the arms race with @apollo by picking up the elite Kevin Bieksa.

Wishing Crawford and MacKenzie all the best on their new teams.

Juice was the only reason Florida won the CDCP Cup this year. His infested his eliteness to his teammates and led them to greatness. Surely, he'll have the same affect on your team. (or was it Gudbranson that was on the cup champs roster? I forget lol) 

Arguably the biggest man in the history for sports entertainment. He'll forever go down in my Canucks all time top 10. Probably top 5 rn. GOAT! 

Would have traded for him myself if I didn't have too many dmen already.

Well, with our latest trade, Columbus is happy to announce that we're under the cap, and likely set for the 2018-19 season. We're locked, loaded, and ready to go, with our eyes firmly on the Presidents Trophy and Stanley Cup...

658d1e4a6df186a6962fc47c_rw_3840.jpg?h=c

Victor Arvidsson - Mark Scheifele - Joe Pavelski

Mike Hoffman - Eric Staal - Nino Neiderreiter

Antoine Roussel - Vladimir Sobotka - Michael Frolik

Cody McLeod - Andrew Shaw - Mark Letestu

Brock McGinn

Matt Niskanen - Seth Jones

Ian Cole - Jeff Petry

Johnny Oduya - Dmitry Orlov

Eric Gryba, Connor Carrick

Sergei Bobrovsky

Philipp Grubauer

In The System

C: Luke Kunin, Matthias Janmark, Rourke Chartier, Frederik Gauthier, Maxim Mamin, Adam Musil, Emil Petterssen, Jonathan Ang
W: Kevin Labanc, Denis Gurianov, Joseph Anderson, Cole Ully, Trevor Moore, Martins Dzierkals, Spencer Smallman, Zach Nastasiuk

D: Jacob Larsson, Julius Bergman, Devon Toews, Brendan Guhle, Daniel Brickley, Josh Brook, Luke Martin, Nick Desimone, John Nyberg

G: Joseph Woll, Jamie Phillips

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, thejazz97 said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png To CHI: Anton Stralman

small.png To STL: Niklas Hjalmarsson

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, thejazz97 said:

small.png To MIN: Mikkel Boedker + Zach Sanford 

small.png To CHI: Jason Spezza (20% retained 2017/18, 40% retained 2018/19) + Mathias From + 2018 2nd (MIN)

22 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

CDCP.jpg.5124054a80aa66ba8db065d175acb0bd.jpg

On behalf of @somethingvery, the Chicago Blackhawks are proud to announce the following signing:

Matiss Kivlenieks - 3 years, $600k

The Chicago Blackhawks thank the STL Blues and the MIN Wild for the respective trades, and the commissioner group Captain Azzy, Master Mind and hard-working thejazz97 for the free agent negotiations as well as the posting of the transactions. 

With the Blackhawks disappointed in their early exit this playoffs and some RL NHL monkey wrenches thrown in to challenge us, a team refresh was necessary and with the additions of..

• strategic newcomers Spezza, Dadonov, Spurgeon, and Stralman;
  • excellent prospects to push the roster players in Sokolov, Pettersson, Jost, Kostin, Rod, From, Bunnaman, Holm, Girard, Hajek, Inamoto, Rosen, Soderstrom, Ingram, Kivlanieks and the triple "F' squad: Fortier, Fortin, and Fiore
...we believe that we have inserted enough change to elevate the team's drive, while keeping careful account towards sustainability.

Spoiler

84a50d1f-3388-4c11-9606-5ed48fa1eb85.jpg

Forwards

Dadonov ▪ Spezza ▪ Kucherov

Silfverberg ▪ Hayes ▪ Atkinson

Sheary* ▪ Rantanen* ▪ Rust*

Johansson ▪ Anisimov ▪ Byron

Reserves: Lindberg*, Beagle

Defense

Spurgeon ▪ Dumoulin

Keith ▪ Kempny

Savard ▪ Stralman

Reserves: Hainsey

Goaltenders

Price

Reserve: Rittich*

2016-09-20 10.58.04.jpg

Forwards

Milano* ▪ Connor* ▪ Vrana*

Sokolov* ▪ Pettersson* ▪ Kostin*

Yan* ▪ Jost▪ Joseph*

Tufte* Tuch* ▪ Smith*

Rod* ▪ Poturalski* ▪ From*

Carr* ▪ Bunnaman* ▪ Vecchione*

Hunt*  Fortier* ▪ Fiore*

Bondra* Fortin* ▪ Iacopelli*

Defense

Juolevi* ▪ Holm*

Poolman* ▪ Hobbs*

Fabbro* ▪ Girard*

Hajek* ▪ Spencer*

Heed* ▪ Roy*

Hultstrom* ▪ Inamoto*

Rosen* ▪ Redmond

Goaltenders

Soderstrom*

Ingram*

Huska*

Kivlanieks*

Armalis*

28 minutes ago, somethingvery said:

To ARZ: Patrick Wiercioch, Evan Fitzpatrick

To BOS: Jacob Markstrom

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.... I thought the asking price on Marky was astronomically higher than that. 

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.... I thought the asking price on Marky was astronomically higher than that. 

Normally, it would be... I'm pretty high on Wiercioch, and Fitzpatrick will be a starter if he can work on some things and develop properly. I'm not too worried, although this trade is a risk-heavy one on my end.

Plus we have Demko up in a year or two and I didn't want two goalies on the same team.

1 hour ago, somethingvery said:

To ARZ: Patrick Wiercioch, Evan Fitzpatrick

To BOS: Jacob Markstrom

Thanks @thejazz97 & the exec team for processing!

We had the luxury of depth in goaltending prospects with Tyler Parsons due on a similar timeline & upside as Fitzpatrick. Marky gives us the luxury of not over relying on how quickly Tristan Jarry, who we really like, grabs time in real life Piitsburgh? Even then we also have Zan McIntyre & Callum Booth in our prospect cupboard. This offered insurance because our starter Tuukka Rask is coming off groin surgery. Most important some extra goalie points could easily get us a more favorable first round match up?

Similarly moving Wiercioch made sense. It makes room for D man Dyblenko, whom we owed some commitment as he just signed with us. We think he is a high % shot for the opening day roster in Jersey. We also anticipate rotating in rookie Travis Sanheim alot, if not full time. At times sparkplug PMD Matt Grzelcyk, 8th or 9th on Boston's depth chart. And two way D Petteri Lindbohm who we see as 7th or 8th on St Louis's depth chart. We felt Wiercioch was owed a shot somewhere.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

We can talk about a trade, Marky for Lou?

(If you are willing to retain a lil bit...  :P)

So, a Patrick Wiercioch trade is the signature move of our off-season so far?  A bit anti climactic.  But really, Hossa retiring aside,  it has been exactly what we needed so far.

We remain ready, open, and willing to do business! Open to simple or block buster deals, but only for upgrades and players on absolute top teams. We want to compete this year! Combinations of non-playoff vets, prospects & picks all on offer! Inquire anytime!

Last year we had top 3 in the league goaltending point performance. Acquiring Markstrom, and having more games expected with Tristan Jarry & Zane McIntyre we expect to again be near the top of the league.  Really, we could be set in net for years.

We also account for one of, if not the most formidable D core in the league. On last years performance, our guys collected well over 2000 points from the back end. And we're poised for improvement. Erik Johnson is healthy and was our top D performer all 3 years prior to last. We expect Colin Miller & Alex Pietrangelo to pick up more time on the PP, De Haan simply more playing time considering their situations. The ascension and integration of Sanheim, Dyblenko & possibly Grzycyk.  And it is hard not to anticipate natural progression from our young crew of blue liners Morrisey, Stecher, Hanafin & Brady Skjei. Even if one or two have a semblance of a sophomore slump? It is a dynamite D core! 

Up front; Zibanajed & Burakovsky both look set for much bigger roles this year. I love Jussi Jokinei in Edmonton, licking my chops! Same with Radulov in Dallas. I took a belting clearing cap space for him last summer. It looks sooooo worth it right now! Eriksson Ek is a world top 5 prospect we expect to have full time on our roster this year. And on a dangerous team. Jordan Martinook is not a big upside guy, but is comfortably established as an NHL player. Evander Kane will kill it in a contract year! There is depth clamoring for time in Jankowski, Devin Shore & Nick Baptiste. Corey Perry is showing wear but on a top team! And I have not even started on potential with Nylander! Or two of my favorite players, because they are also gritty; Robbi Fabbri. & JG Pageau! This is a forward crew with upside! It will beat the 2600 points it generated last year.

We may lack a superstar or absolute top shelf first liners?  But a very deep and dangerous team;

Kane Zibanajed Radulov 

Fabbri Nylander Burakovsky

Rafl JG Pageau Perry

Martinook Eriksson Ek Jokinen

Kruger

Skjei Pietrangelo

De Haan Johnson

Hanafin Morrisey

C Miller Stecher

Rask Markstrom

Prospects we expect to play at least some NHL games this year;

Nicholas Baptiste, Mark Jankowski, Nick Scherback, Devin Shore,

Travis Sanheim, Yaroslav Dyblenko, Petteri Lindbohm, Matt Gryzelcyk                      

Tristan Jarry & Zane McIntyre 

Maybe Rob Ogara'& David Musil?

In the system;

Henrik Borgstrom (NHL ready, but will play college?), Yegor Korshkov, Linus Olund, Johan Sundstrom, Rickard Hugg, Andrew Aggozino, Anatoly Golyshev, Dmytro Timashov, Eetu Tuulola & Spencer Watson

Filip Berglund, Macoy Erkamps, Callan Foote, Jakob Galvas, Chad Krys, Tarmo Reunanen, Filip Westerlund

Callum Booth, Tyler Parsons

With graduation and some trades, we probably no longer rank among top prospect teams in Puck. If we were last year? We will badly miss one of my fave's, JT Compher & also traded Christian Dvorak, Juolevi & Tyson Jost. But it is a very healthy & deep group. With as many as 12 rookies who will play this year. Eriksson Ek being our top guy, followed closely by Borgstrom, Jarry & Sanheim. A solid fundamental guy like Callan Foote. And my other favorites are dark horses, who I believe will surprise. Linus Olund was last years top SHL 5 on 5 player under 20 years old (beat Eriksson Ek), Jakub Galvas & Dyblenko. Last year my dark horse was Borgstrom, who is looking very good! 

I cannot wait for the season > Bring it on Puckers!

Out of some boredom, and curiosity, I'm want to explore the value of the Casey Cizikas. Not looking for a trade ATM but might be interested with the right offer. He is 26, and produces 225+ Fp per season and has a fairly low salary cap. 

Send in some offers.

Untitled-11.jpg.1a6fc54b6aefabdd7811d8ac1c4b34af.jpg

Started out by making a sig that was showing only Miller and Lui but it felt empty... so I had to add more faces and now it can't fit in a sig 

My team might suck this season... but I definitely like my players more this year... LOL 
The above 5 players will be untouchable for the time being. Otherwise, I have 5 million in cap space and will take on high cap players if it'll improve the teams production

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Uh, oh!

Someone sold up shop, and did a midnight runner with all the merchandise. Ain't nuttin left!

Image result for sold up shop

A power struggle, controversy, among strong willed execs for CBJ???????? :shock:

Calling me an exec is giving me far too much credit.

I'm more of an "organizational canker sore". I'm rarely around. But when I do pop up, I make things unbearable.

Archived