The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

CONTRACT SIGNING.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @D-Money, and his pet labrador @Monty, the Columbus Blue Jackets are pleased to announce the signings of:

small.png Jon Martin - 1 year, $575k

small.png Patrick Russell - 2 years, $950k AAV

7 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

CONTRACT SIGNING.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @Master Mind the New York Rangers are pleased to announce the signing of:

small.png Cory Conacher - 2 years, $1m AAV

The Rangers are happy to be bringing in Cory. At worst, he should be a decent depth player. At best, he could re-establish himself like he did in his rookie year.

14 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

CONTRACT SIGNING.jpg

On behalf of General Manager @Baer. the Minnesota Wild are pleased to announce the signing of:

small.png Roman Lyubimov - 1 year, $925k

Hoping he makes makes the Flyers roster out of camp. With Ryan White gone to IRL Coyotes, there could be a spot for him.

8 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg

small.png  To PIT: Tommy Wingels + Matt Stajan

small.png  To DET: Brian Gionta + Mitchell Vande Sompel + 2018 2nd rounder + Byron Froese

Pittsburgh would like to thank GM Salter for the smooth negotiations process. Negotiations took longer than expected but once we heard Comissioner @Master Mind publicly ask us to make a trade to show off our new logo, the Pens knew the deal had to be closed ASAP.

We would also like to thank Brian Gionta, Byron Froese and Mitchell Vande Sompel for their services in Vancouver. In particular, Gionta was a calming influence last year as the team got struck by injuries and helped us in our push to make the playoffs. 

That said, we are pleased to welcome Tommy Wingels and Matt Stajan onto the team. Wingels has been a consistent fantasy player for a couple years and we believe that he will be a strong middle six presence on the team. His fantasy points production did drop below his usual level during the playoffs but we are confident he will bounce back with a strong showing next year. Stajan has been declining as of late but he will be a serviceable depth player for the Penguins for the duration of his contract. 

Pittsburgh has had a quiet offseason compared to many of its division rivals and while we are confident in our team, we are still looking for ways to improve. We are looking to acquire more waiver ineligible players for the team.

New York Islanders Trade Block

Looking to shed some cap to fit a number of rookies on the team next season. Namingly Patrik Laine and Ivan Provorov who may

otherwise be forced to sit until an injury occurs

Jeff Skinner
$5,725,000 AAV until 2019 - 3.27 FP/Game - 82 GP

Jeff Skinner is a first line quality winger. Former Calder trophy winner who came within two of 30 goal last year. Looking for a first round pick or a productive player on a cheap contract.

Andrej Sekera

$5,500,000 AAV until 2021 - 3.29 FP/Game - 81 GP
Andrej is signed up long term and currently one of the top pairing on a team that is trending upwards, that many think will make the post season next year. He has a good opportunity to match his career best of 44 Pnts in an NHL season with an exponentially improving Oilers squad. 1st round pick or a valuable cheap contract.

Matt Read

$3,625,000 AAV until 2018 - 2.57 FP/Game

Mainstay on a bound to improve Flyers team's middle six. Looking to exchange for picks.

Paul Martin

$4,850,000 AAV until 2019 - 2.72 FP/Game

Still has a few good hockey years left in him. Went to the SCF last year. Valuable to a playoff team with cap space.

Jason Pominville

$5,600,000 AAV until 2019 - 2.71 FP/Game

Looking to make a cap dump deal. Willing to part with second tier prospects (see Kyle Connor deal by previous Gm) to get it done if the deal is fair. Klas Dhalbeck, Brycen Martin, Roland Mckeowen, Ryan Culkin, Laurent Dauphin among others available as sweeteners to unload this contract for the right GM with adequate space

On 2016-07-20 at 8:13 AM, thejazz97 said:

Am I the only one that's stoked that the NHL updated some of these?

small.png small.png small.png

I love Pittsburgh's color scheme. It really looks different! I didn't really like the Vegas gold one, it was quite bland. I hope there's a 3-way trade with these 3 teams. :lol:

On 7/20/2016 at 8:46 AM, Master Mind said:

I would be if I liked Florida's new logo.

But I think Pittsburgh and Toronto should make a trade so I can use those logos!

I'm pretty happy with my team going into the season, but I'm always interested in discussing good hockey trades.

Spoiler

Image result for toronto maple leafs logo

Daniel Sedin - Sean Couturier - Jiri Hudler

Jonathan Huberdeau - Travis Zajac - Tom Kuhnhackl

Matt Calvert - Tyler Ennis - Frank Vatrano

Daniel Winnik - Shawn Matthias - Dale Weise

Francois Beauchemin - Justin Braun

Michael Del Zotto - Adam McQuaid

Dennis Seidenberg - Roman Polak

Brian Elliot

Al Montoya

Gregory Campbell - Cody Goloubef - Clayton Stoner

Image result for toronto marlies logo

Garrett Wilson - Tyler Gaudet - Sven Andrighetto

Kenny Agostino - Ryan MacInnis - Joel Vermin

John Quenneville - Corban Knight - Brett Bulmer

Liam O'Brien - Greg McKegg - Michael Sgarbossa

Luke Witkowski - Morgan Ellis

Christian Wolanin - Aaron Ness

Ben Harpur - Andreas Englund

Daniel Vladar

Mason McDonald

New York Islanders (1998 - 2010)

Appreciations to Jam for facilitating a trade to help us get under the cap and have room to play our rookies. Was hesitant to trade a former 44 point D man, but knew I had to give a little to make a deal. Jayce Hawryluk will join an already packed prospects pool. We are confident in his abilities as a score and expect him to be a similar payer to Max Domi. The only moves left to make are to obtain a promising. 

This is the Islanders lineup moving forward. 

Patrik Laine - Alex Galchenyuk - Cam Atkinson

Jeff Skinner - Alan Quine - Oliver Bjorkstrand

David Desharnais - Linden Vey - Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau

Josh Jooris - Scott Laughton - Matt Read

Jordin Tootoo, Jason Pominville

PK Subban - Connor Murphy

Dougie Hamilton - Paul Martin

Ivan Provorov - Klas Dahbeck

Ron Hainsey

Semyon Varlomov

Michael Hutchinson

AHL

Evgeny Svechnikov - Jack Roslovic - Martin Frk

Kieffer Bellows - Logan Brown - Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Ellie Remi - Jacy Hawryluk  - JC Lipon

Derek Grant - Laurent Dauphin - Corey Tropp

Rich Clune

Roland McKeown - Gabriel Carlsson

Jakob Chychrun - Brycen Martin

Nate Guenin - Ryan Culkin

Richard Bachman

Chris Driedger

1 hour ago, Drewismyname said:

New York Islanders (1998 - 2010)

Appreciations to Jam for facilitating a trade to help us get under the cap and have room to play our rookies. Was hesitant to trade a former 44 point D man, but knew I had to give a little to make a deal. The only moves left to make are to obtain a promising LW

He won't reach that again as long as he's in Edmonton IMO

Archived