The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

39 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Mindlessly tire-pumpzzzz Luca..... but trollzzz Sutter.  

Go figure.

One confused part-time Homer.

Luca is a beauty. I forget which game it was exactly but he was hurt, got stitched up and we were winning the game with a decent lead (at least 2 goals) and with a few minutes left, he came back to try and play... and I remember John Garrett saying that his team mates really gained respect. He gained mine then too... Not to mention some bone crushers on jagr, Ehlers and some nice gwgs. He's played over 100 games as a Canuck... Not to mention I met him once and been man crushing hard since. 

B sutta had some nice moments but still hasn't done enough, mainly due to the injury to earn my full on homerness. If he earns it, he'll get it. It didn't help his case that we let go of bone show who I already had as one of my favourite canucks in only 1 season of play. 

It's not sutters fault, it's bennings. The pens won that trade and they can partly thank JBs ineptitude of salary cap understanding for their cup. 

Let's just hope from here on in, the trade benefits us. 

Also come on... Lui and Bones are on my team. Gives me some extra love for them! 

Edit: btw those weren't my words... Barts %100. You can see the clip on tsn tonight... I do agree with his words though :lol:

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

It's not sutters fault, it's bennings. The pens won that trade and they can partly thank JBs ineptitude of salary cap understanding for their cup. 

Maybe once you prove that you're a competent GM yourself....then you can make these kinds of statements (although you'd still be hopelessly misinformed).

Btw half-in homer, who tf do you think acquired your man-crush, Luca Sbisa?   Derp.

And again, the irony of you biatching about cap as you nut-hug Luca, who most dimwits consider a horrible contract.

Benning also acquired Bonino and cashed in on his cap value in upgrading to Sutter - but you're too busy Penguin stroking to comprehend.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Maybe once you prove that you're a competent GM yourself....then you can make these kinds of statements (although you'd still be hopelessly misinformed).

Btw half-in homer, who tf do you think acquired your man-crush, Luca Sbisa?   Derp.

And again, the irony of you biatching about cap as you nut-hug Luca, who most dimwits consider a horrible contract.

Benning also acquired Bonino and cashed in on his cap value in upgrading to Sutter - but you're too busy Penguin stroking to comprehend.

@oldnews tell us how you really feel. If I was @apollo I'd be crying in a corner " why doesn't he like me ? ".

Lol....such a meanie

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Well I'm not mad at Sbisas agent for outsmarting our cap-challenged gm. Neither am I sutters. I think both deals will likely prove solid in the next season or so but there's no denying that there was one clear winner in the Bonino trade and Jim is responsible for giving them the cup. 

I guarantee u the penguins don't win with sutter over Bonino. Not to mention the cap space they got to slot in fehr initially and what turned into Bonino. 

As for fantasy, it's hard to prove myself when it's not my full time job like Jim's. If I was a GM and had a million dollar salary and just watched hockey, I'd be far more valuable to the Canucks. It's an old boys club tho. 

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

PS: " nut-hug " will be tomorrow's word of the day....all my female co-workers will hear it.....come to think of it same with " Penguin stroking ".

Hahah yea they were both pretty solid. Couldn't think of too good of an argument against those terms! :huh:

-------

OK back to fantasy for real... Anyone want Marc Staal? He's bound to have a better year than his last year of disappointment and can be had cheap. Willing to do an even cap trade or give or take a million 

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

PS: " nut-hug " will be tomorrow's word of the day....all my female co-workers will hear it.....come to think of it same with " Penguin stroking ".

So..if you say it enough, it will become as popular as pokemon go. Are you ready for the aftermath? Think of how happy all the numb nuts out there will be.

43 minutes ago, apollo said:

Well I'm not mad at Sbisas agent for outsmarting our cap-challenged gm. Neither am I sutters. I think both deals will likely prove solid in the next season or so but there's no denying that there was one clear winner in the Bonino trade and Jim is responsible for giving them the cup. 

I guarantee u the penguins don't win with sutter over Bonino. 

As for fantasy, it's hard to prove myself when it's not my full time job like Jim's. If I was a GM and had a million dollar salary and just watched hockey, I'd be far more valuable to the Canucks. It's an old boys club tho. 

I've come to the conclusion that you're not actually a Homer......you're a Boner.

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

Penguin stroking

As someone who has actually stroked a penguin, I can see the comparison. Bonino is just as soft as a penguin's feathers.

New York Islanders (1998 - 2010) New York is shopping Patrik Laine for....hahahaha yea right. 

New York looking to obtain a decent left wing with future upside. Must be in the NHL and must have solid value without question would consider trading away a RW as we have too many exempting the following who are in our plans and too valuable to oust: Oliver Bjorkstrand, Martin Frk, Cam Atkinson, PA Parenteau.

The following could go with a high pick (not a 1st) to obtain a decent serviceable top six winger: Linden Vey, Jason Pominvill, Matt Read along with non RW'ers, Laurent Dauphin, Drew Shore, Filip Ahl, Elie Remi, Derek Drank, Ryan Culkin, Martin Brycen, Nate Guenin, Victor Bartley, 

Player trades aside, New York has two seconds, two thirds, a fourth and a fifth round pick that they don't value above adding playoff and regular season talent. We are confident to draft one pick in each of the first three rounds next season and will spend picks beyond if it makes us a better club moving ahead of the pack. 

13 hours ago, Drewismyname said:

New York Islanders (1998 - 2010) New York is shopping Patrik Laine for....hahahaha yea right. 

New York looking to obtain a decent left wing with future upside. Must be in the NHL and must have solid value without question would consider trading away a RW as we have too many exempting the following who are in our plans and too valuable to oust: Oliver Bjorkstrand, Martin Frk, Cam Atkinson, PA Parenteau.

The following could go with a high pick (not a 1st) to obtain a decent serviceable top six winger: Linden Vey, Jason Pominvill, Matt Read along with non RW'ers, Laurent Dauphin, Drew Shore, Filip Ahl, Elie Remi, Derek Drank, Ryan Culkin, Martin Brycen, Nate Guenin, Victor Bartley, 

Player trades aside, New York has two seconds, two thirds, a fourth and a fifth round pick that they don't value above adding playoff and regular season talent. We are confident to draft one pick in each of the first three rounds next season and will spend picks beyond if it makes us a better club moving ahead of the pack. 

LOL.

That's quite the list of spare parts you're offering up for a top 6.

Elie Remi is intriguing though.

Capture-d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran-2015-12-07-

Her Blue Steel is pretty solid, but does she have any other moves?

Also curious how much Derek Drank?

16 hours ago, Drewismyname said:

You should have taken one of these before posting:

tumblr_ngxurgRT8b1szqwnwo1_500.jpg

19 hours ago, D-Money said:

You should have taken one of these before posting:

tumblr_ngxurgRT8b1szqwnwo1_500.jpg

I'd trade a top six winger on a mediocre team for a third liner plus a second round pick if i had too many. Listed the fringe players as additional pieces that could be added. 

Anyways, the chirp brigade probably has sore wrists by now, no?

Iono y u guys giving him a hard time... He did offer Vey who will likely be better than any other top 6 forwards... Assuming he learned half of what the bone show learned from the sedins, he'll at the very least lead Calgary to back to back cups and have countless Gwgs on their cup run. 

Thats if he only learned half of what bones left. Considering VEYDAY had some solid pp time with the twins, he might have learned more! <_<

VEYDAY! 

On 7/26/2016 at 11:23 AM, Master Mind said:

CONTRACT SIGNING.jpg

OFFER SHEET

On behalf of General Manager @Salter, the Detroit Red Wings have signed the following contract:

Tyson Barrie - 7 years, $6m AAV

@D-Money and @Monty have 7 days to match, or accept compensation of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick.

The Decision

barrie.jpg

...Airs tomorrow. Tune into CBJ690 at 10:00AM Eastern for the FuQ@Salter show for live coverage.

Archived