The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 Season Seat Relocation

yippykyeh

Just got word from my rep that relocation won't begin until Mid July.  " The relocation date as of now is looking to be mid July. The original dates were the end of May but then building conflicts forced us to push it later. We will be sending out an official communication soon. "  - Client Services & Ticket Operations.

Hopefully, I'll be back from holidays.   

47 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Ahh good to know..

I talked to my account rep last week and he said they haven't even hinted towards a new date.

Cheers,

Yeah and I just called in now (for the second time this month) they still play stupid.  This girl wasn't even sure what I was talking about, and asked a male.   Who didn't know

3 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

i upgraded to full season on the phone the other day, rep gave me my seat over the phone 

Well.  Welcome to the gang.  What section did you get?  You will likely get the last session in relocation, but should always go.

Free cookies and canned pop, one year I found a puck.

5 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Well.  Welcome to the gang.  What section did you get?  You will likely get the last session in relocation, but should always go.

Free cookies and canned pop, one year I found a puck.

i actually got to choose my seat over the phone sec 317 row 9 , i managed to get into UB4 somehow

July works much better for me, because I am very busy through June. So I am happy about that. Looking to move up some rows.

7 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

i actually got to choose my seat over the phone sec 317 row 9 , i managed to get into UB4 somehow

I am guessing you got just a single seat. That would be the reason why. Otherwise there would be no chance in hell you'd get a UB4 pair in row 9. But a single seat is still good :) Best case scenario, another single seat comes up right beside yours and you can snatch it up and then have a pair in row 9 UB4.

7 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

BTW, you may want to confirm, but half of section 317 is a "NO ALCOHOL" zone.

Seats 1-9 are alcohol allowed

Seats 101-108 are NOT allowed alcohol

Might wanna check that and make sure you didn't get suckered into the non-alcohol section! Sometimes the ticket sales people genuinely don't know or forget that it's a non-alcohol section. Of course you might not care if it's non-alcohol or not.

3 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

BTW, you may want to confirm, but half of section 317 is a "NO ALCOHOL" zone.

Seats 1-9 are alcohol allowed

Seats 101-108 are NOT allowed alcohol

Might wanna check that and make sure you didn't get suckered into the non-alcohol section! Sometimes the ticket sales people genuinely don't know or forget that it's a non-alcohol section. Of course you might not care if it's non-alcohol or not.

i know, i don't drink at games anyways , he told me before hand

4 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

July works much better for me, because I am very busy through June. So I am happy about that. Looking to move up some rows.

I am guessing you got just a single seat. That would be the reason why. Otherwise there would be no chance in hell you'd get a UB4 pair in row 9. But a single seat is still good :) Best case scenario, another single seat comes up right beside yours and you can snatch it up and then have a pair in row 9 UB4.

me and a buddy got a pair in UB4

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, trailers said:

To push it back into July the Canucks must be really wanting to make a splash in free agency.  Try to get more in the lower bowl with a good player(s).   I don't like that approach when we are rebuilding 

I was actually thinking the same thing.  That there were holding it so late, so they get every last possible renewal.

Or they wanted to do it after we make our draft pick(s).  Big UFA signing......

They have to do something to sell tickets in the lower bowl.  

I can't think of any other business decisions they can make to sell the lower bowl, in the short term anyways.

I am surprised they are still doing the relocation in person.  That's a lot of staff and costs.

Edmonton and Calgary both did their relocation online this year.......it was very good.

Apparently they will use the same software on ticketexchange too. 

6 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I was actually thinking the same thing.  That there were holding it so late, so they get every last possible renewal.

Or they wanted to do it after we make our draft pick(s).  Big UFA signing......

They have to do something to sell tickets in the lower bowl.  

I can't think of any other business decisions they can make to sell the lower bowl, in the short term anyways.

I am surprised they are still doing the relocation in person.  That's a lot of staff and costs.

Edmonton and Calgary both did their relocation online this year.......it was very good.

Apparently they will use the same software on ticketexchange too. 

Yep. I already figured this would happen even a while back. And we can figure out very quickly who they are going to target, because in my mind there's only 2 UFA's that could make a splash big enough to actually sell lower bowl tickets: Steven Stamkos, and (to a lesser extent) Milan Lucic. I'd say the odds of us signing ONE of those guys is very high. And I am pretty sure it will be Lucic. Guys like Loui Eriksson and Troy Brouwer are great, but they don't sell tickets. Not by themselves. So we know the Canucks brass is going to target one of these guys. Frankly, that's a lot of pressure to put on themselves. If they are unsuccessful in free agency then it will backfire. People won't renew and lower bowl may actually downgrade or drop tickets.

And yeah, I am also angry this is not being done online. They money saved would be huge. That's a lot of staff to pay to run this indoors.

i finally got into sec 308 last year in upper bowl II, albeit in the last row (12).  it was always only rows 7-8 in upper bowl I available in Sec 308.  I am hoping I can move to an aisle or into rows 9 or 10 in Sec 308 this year.  I was session 4 last year on the 1st day...hope to be in session 2 or 3 this year..

3 hours ago, Slickrick2369 said:

i finally got into sec 308 last year in upper bowl II, albeit in the last row (12).  it was always only rows 7-8 in upper bowl I available in Sec 308.  I am hoping I can move to an aisle or into rows 9 or 10 in Sec 308 this year.  I was session 4 last year on the 1st day...hope to be in session 2 or 3 this year..

How many years have you had tickets?

3 hours ago, Slickrick2369 said:

I have my 6 seats in 307....row 11 and 12.  I got them in session 10 last year.  Still haven't decided if I want to keep UB II or look for something cheap for next year.  Online relocation would work way better for you.  If nothing comes up on night one.....would you return the next night to try?  

Archived