Sedin-Sedin-Brouwer

Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen

Etem-Horvat-Rodin

Burrows-Granlund-Dorsett

Grenier

This seems pretty real for real

Hansen should be traded for a 1st / or 2nd & 3rd

AS HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER

But I think if we do not get a decent UFA for the twins then Hansen goes back with them

9 hours ago, Freaky Freak said:

This seems pretty real for real

Hansen should be traded for a 1st / or 2nd & 3rd

AS HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER

But I think if we do not get a decent UFA for the twins then Hansen goes back with them

Brouwer is probably one of those "play-anywhere-in-the-lineup-utility-forward" Benning is looking at, and his arrival would probably mean they try to trade Burrows, not Hansen. I don't think they'll be successful (thus Burrows + Brouwer in the same lineup), but I also don't think Hansen would be moved in that scenario. I also don't really see Brouwer being the success fans are looking for on the top line.

I think that just underscores how painfully weak our current RW depth is. I can't think of a single RW in the organization besides Hansen I'd be comfortable with on the top line next season (unless Rodin breaks out in a big way), so you can see why Benning and Linden are ready to throw crazy money at a RW (and aren't willing to trade Hansen).

I think it at minimum we sign a utility player that could ultimately push Burrows out, and will most definitely attempt to sign any of the top RWs available. I don't see Brouwer being the secondary player they sign IF they hit on a top free agent, because then the lineup would look something like:

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Sutter-Brouwer

Etem-Horvat-Rodin/Hansen

Dorsett-Granlund-Rodin/Hansen

and neither of those guys should be a RW on the 4th line. Hansen could be moved in this scenario, but with Benning's general unwillingness to lose him, it probably shakes out more like:

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen/Rodin

Etem/FA Left Winger-Horvat-Rodin/Hansen

FA Left Winger/Etem-Granlund-Dorsett

tldr: We have no top line RW besides Hansen, should sign a top FA RW and a utility LW to play 3rd/4th lines.

All depends on UFA signings.

Stamkos is pretty unlikely to be honest considering at the most we have 11M in cap space.

Erikson seems to be most realistic, he's 30 and hopefully we don't give him any more than 3 years 5M per, he's a declining 30 goal scorer.

I'd love to try and sign a defenceman as well to really help us out with injuries, like Demers at 5 years 6M per. Big bucks for a solid stay at home guy.

Another option is Eriksson + depth forward like Brouwer/Helm for around 2-3M, then a 6th defenceman like Irwin for about 3-4M.

Option A)

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Etem - Sutter - Virtanen

Gaunce - Granlund - Burrows

Dorsett

Rodin

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Demers

Tryamkin

Subban

Option B )

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Etem - Sutter - Helm

Burrows - Granlund - Virtanen

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Irwin

Essentially defensive quality and depth over forward quantity and less depth on defence. I'd prefer option A.

On 6/2/2016 at 7:33 PM, Drakrami said:

Daniel Henrik Hansen

Baertschi Sutter Brouwer

Tkachuk (pls, god) Horvat Etem

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Edler Tanev

Gudbranson Sbisa

Hutton Tryamkin 

So... 

Daniel Henrik Eriksson

Baertschi Sutter Hansen

<Insert free agent> Horvat Etem

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Damnit... Tkachuk woulda been so great. And it is possible Boeser makes the jump next season..? 

18 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

So... 

Daniel Henrik Eriksson

Baertschi Sutter Hansen

<Insert free agent> Horvat Etem

Gaunce Granlund Dorsett

Damnit... Tkachuk woulda been so great. And it is possible Boeser makes the jump next season..? 

Boeser is going back to college. He should make the jump the following season.

I think Virtanen will be on the team on the 4th line with Granlund and Dorsett.

The top 6 in this line-up look right.

And I agree that Horvat and Etem will start on the 3rd line. The other guy will be Burrows.

So:

Daniel Henrik Eriksson

Baertschi Sutter Hansen/Rodin

Burrows Horvat Etem/Hansen

Dorsett Granlund Virtanen

trade Sbisa and/or Burrows (salary retained) to make way for Boedker?

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Boedker Sutter Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Etem Granlund Dorsett

Gaunce

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Larsen

Pedan

4 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

as of right now

Daniel - Henrik - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Rodin

Hansen - Sutter - Virtanen

Etem - Granlund - Dorsett

Agree. Thats the lines i envision for start of the season.  Burrows and Dorset can alternate.

9 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

as of right now

It's a good line up. With the upgraded defense this team is good for 100 points. JB gets a B+ for this offseason.

1 minute ago, the harry said:

It's a good line up. With the upgraded defense this team is good for 100 points. JB gets a B+ for this offseason.

i dont see a spot for Burrows, in all honesty, they should've have bought him out. but out of respect i think they'll just carry along for the season. 

20 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

trade Sbisa and/or Burrows (salary retained) to make way for Boedker?

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Boedker Sutter Hansen

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Etem Granlund Dorsett

Gaunce

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Larsen

Pedan

Well Boedker just signed with the Sharks.

Also listening to WD it's unlikely for Baertschi and Horvat to play together.  It's like last year where he heavily hinted that Vrbata wouldn't play with the Sedins - he did the same thing here re Baertschi-Horvat.  Talking about how it's better for Horvat to play with defensive wingers and saying that Baertschi has a lot of work in the summer because he will be facing heavier and more physical Ds next season.  

Benning/Henrik say Sutter will be C2 and going by WDs comments - my guess is that Baertschi, as playmaker, is likely to play with Sutter the goal scorer in an offensive role.  And Horvat will more likely play with Etem in a defensive role.  That's how they finished the season with WD saying that he sees Horvat as a good checking C.  He talked about how having Horvat in a defensive role was better for him.  Also as of March they weren't playing together anymore except for injuries.  

15 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

as of right now

I'd say Rodin and Hansen swap until he proves himself.

1 minute ago, mll said:

Isn't Boedker a RW - like Eriksson.  Shoots left but plays on his off-wing.  He turned down upwards 5M so doubtful he comes here.

Also listening to WD it's unlikely for Baertschi and Horvat to play together.  It's like last year where he heavily hinted that Vrbata wouldn't play with the Sedins - he did the same thing here re Baertschi-Horvat.  Talking about how it's better for Horvat to play with defensive wingers and saying that Baertschi has a lot of work in the summer because he will be facing heavier and more physical Ds next season.  

Benning/Henrik say Sutter will be C2 and going by WDs comments - my guess is that Baertschi, as playmaker, is likely to play with Sutter the goal scorer in an offensive role.  And Horvat will more likely play with Etem in a defensive role.  That's how they finished the season with WD saying that he sees Horvat as a good checking C.  He talked about how having Horvat in a defensive role was better for him.  Also as of March they weren't playing together anymore except for injuries.  

You might be right about Boedker...plus now he's a Shark.  

I recall Willies comments about Bo, but not sure if that will hold true this year as well.  I like the idea of a kid line, but would be happy with any combination that performs.  

If Sutter is 2C and asked upon to produce offense, then he'll certainly need playmaking ability on his wing, and that's Baertschi all day long. 

Archived