The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Amazing hands and a fast skater. Here's to hoping he's big enough to make it in the NHL.

Another small high energy forward (like Conacher), because the Canucks do not have enough of those. But decent value for a 2nd round pick.

Edited by JamesB

So much for not trading draft picks, but I guess again, Benning is fast forwarding these picks into more ready players. He seems to be trending in the wrong direction though.

Another second gone for yet another useless Linden Vey-lite type. Canadian franchise disease - always playing the short game

Liking the deal!

He's like Linden Vey, glad to see Trader Jim moving for ready-made youth like him. Totally forgot about him myself but he could be a solid part of the team's future.

Baertschi, Shinkaruk, Virtanen - Horvat, McCann - Kassian, Jensen, Vey

i think, this could turn out very good...canucks scouts and management must feel this was worth doing...

You'll forgive my lack of faith. I'm not crapping on the trade, I just don't have tons of faith in our scouting dept.

Edited by Chalky

I really like this.

He played for Green in junior and attributed a lot of his success there to the confidence and support that he got from his coaches there. I think he will fit in with Green and WD both.

Ton of upside, 2011 11th overall pick. Much better chance of success than ~50th overall pick.

1st line potential too.

• Upvote 1