The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Horvat is heavy but he is not that physical as in hitting, which is what I think you meant by your rankings since you have Virtanen at #1. In that case, Bo is most definitely falls down on the rankings - he is physical in the sense that he will rub guys off the puck, but he doesn't hit as much as some of the other guys

Physicality:

1. Virtanen
  2. Cassels
  3. Kenins
  4. McCann
  5. Horvat

Also, how come you include Vey at #6 in your overall ranking, but he somehow does not show up on your "offensive" ranking? If you consider him a prospect then he would definitely make the list

Offense:

1. Baertschi
  2. McCann
  3. Virtanen
  4. Vey
  5. Horvat

Defense:

1. Horvat
  2. McCann
  3. Gaunce
  4. Cassels
  5. Jensen or Baertschi

Overall:

1. Horvat
  2. McCann
  3. Virtanen
  4. Baertschi
  5. Shinkaruk
  6. Gaunce
  7. Cassels
  8. Vey
  9. Jensen
  10. Kenins

(forwards only)

I have Horvat as a much more physical player than McCann. The latter player battles hard but, from the games I've seen, I don't think I've seen him make a hit even once. It's not too dissimilar from Horvat in juniors. Horvat is playing a lot more physically (hitting-wise) here in the NHL and so I'd put McCann at the bottom of that list.

Edited by Canucks1219

Sven just had his first assist as a Comet on a PPG.

Yep. Great first period for the new guys, and the Comets in general. It is against a Rochester team with many of their regulars up with the Sabres (yep...) but it's still nice to see them do well in their debuts.

Sven is playing on the top line with O'Reilly and Grenier and got his assist playing on the top unit PP. Green is definitely putting him in a position to succeed.

How is Cory Conacher doing?

Had himself (what sounded like -- listening to the radio stream) a good period. He was on a line, as RW, with Shinkaruk and Friesen and they had some chances. His good effort led to the opening goal (Pedan) and he picked up a second-assist on the play.

I hate to say it, but I'm more excited by Cory Conacher. His interview on Team 1040, his voice showed me he wants one last chance in the NHL and like Eakins said, " He will get a chance."

In short, I think Cory Conacher might surprise lots of us. Well at-least I hope he does.

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******