The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

After watching the game tonight, I'd be perfectly fine with Baertschi in a Canucks uniform if he brings that sort of game every night. He was absolutely dominant out there, he's like a Henrik Sedin with speed. He plays an intelligent game and is always able to create offense off the rush. I like that he's looking for passes, and staying open without the puck. I saw him back check a bunch too, with relative ease considering his speed.

The Comets are just a well coached team. Good structure and hustle top to bottom. That being said, Baertschi was the lone standout. Green must have played him 20+ on 3 different lines. He's going to be good for us.

Im getting a red,black,yellow ice skate baertschi jersey i swear to god

After watching the game tonight, I'd be perfectly fine with Baertschi in a Canucks uniform if he brings that sort of game every night. He was absolutely dominant out there, he's like a Henrik Sedin with speed. He plays an intelligent game and is always able to create offense off the rush. I like that he's looking for passes, and staying open without the puck. I saw him back check a bunch too, with relative ease considering his speed.

The Comets are just a well coached team. Good structure and hustle top to bottom. That being said, Baertschi was the lone standout. Green must have played him 20+ on 3 different lines. He's going to be good for us.

This leaves a big grin on my face

Yep. Im not surprised. I lived in Calgary for awhile and seen him play. Guy is sickening

And they play the same system in Utica as they do on the Canucks. So hopefully he gets used to it.

Edited by LolClarkson

Great interview with Baertschi that was played between the first and second periods tonight. Sven explained that it was getting close to 3:00 when he finally got a call from Brad Treliving letting him know that he was traded to Vancouver. Sven was in the car when he got the call and had to pull over and couldn't stop smiling for about 10 minutes.

Also said he is very excited to play in Utica for Travis Green. Just listening to the interview you could hear the excitement in his voice.

It's great to hear he wants to be here.

Man I am really curious to see how Sven would handle a game like tonight. Such a physical game, and I don't know how strong he is, but he's going to need to be like Burrows along the walls in the D zone. That's my one concern I guess, but from what Green has said his compete level is really high and if he out works guys then hopefully he can manage in the big physical playoff games.

Anyone who's watched him play recently can you say whether he can out work big guys along the boards???

Nice to have a really solid playmaker coming up with McCann and Virtanen though.

Edited by Derp...

Great interview with Baertschi that was played between the first and second periods tonight. Sven explained that it was getting close to 3:00 when he finally got a call from Brad Treliving letting him know that he was traded to Vancouver. Sven was in the car when he got the call and had to pull over and couldn't stop smiling for about 10 minutes.

Also said he is very excited to play in Utica for Travis Green. Just listening to the interview you could hear the excitement in his voice.

Anyone got a link? Definitely wanna hear that one. Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 3

imagine being in calgary right now. staring at bartschi. bartschi staring back.

Calgary: "please... bust... sven busti... we're begging you... we only gave you away because we thought you were a bust"

Svensation: "no. in the words of the great shia labeouf 'if you find busti beauties under my bed, those aren't mine'. sven is no busti beauty. sven is just beauty"

Edited by S N Y P E R S 7

I will get excited with Sven, once he averages 2 - 3 points a game in the AHL, or if he totally dominates with a average of 1.5 points per game and dominates zone time along with +/-. Look! At the age Sven is he needs to be much better then AHL players if he is really going to be a complete player in the NHL.

Lol, Thanks for the laugh. Regardless of where he was picked in the draft, the market currently indicates he is worth a second rounder. Yet you expect him to play like an elite All Star?

I guess we should try to get back guys like Pyatt, Malholtra and Torres.we would then have a team full of 50 goal scorers

That's awesome, love to hear that he's really excited to join the organization. Thanks for the info, you bring a lot to this forum.

Not at all sir, Sven needs to be way better then just averaging a point per game.

Lol. Hahaha

I don't get it. Ur bitching about 3 points in his first two games ? Haha. U are either slow or just trying to rub people the wrong way for fun

Edited by cuporbust

Glad to hear he's doing well. Very intriguing skill-set. I like the direction our team is going in with skill in our system but also some toughness. I hope we just utilize him carefully if we call him up because he's been bounced around a lot in his pro career. I think playing him with someone like Vey/Bonino and then Vrbata on the wing on the same line might become a really good 2nd/3rd line depending on how our other players play.

He'd probably fit well with McCann and Virtanen who love to shoot, Baertschi, a really fast, skilled playmaker should do well on that line.