The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

I would say most likely would be Kenins honestly.

I think he can still be called up without waivers next year.

LW would look like

D Sedin

Baertschi

Matthias

Higgins

Kenins

Gaunce

Shinkaruk

It would be disappointing if it will be Kenins since he has played exceptionally well for a rookie in a role position.

Shinkaruk will most likely be in Utica. It would be best for him to fully train/recover from his injury and gain some confidence in the AHL.

He could be a call up option if Burrows is looking at a suspension. I personally thought the Bieksa hit on Stalberg was worse, but that was only a minor.

If Burrows is out, I doubt they look to MacMillan for scoring. Kassian would be the vast option, though he's still injured.

I think we're looking at a call up, and Baertschi has a shot of getting it.

I think the Canucks would be silly to call Baertschi up right now. Let the guy finish his season in Utica, keep collecting points, play under a coach he is familiar with and clearly is helping his game, and remain confident entering a very important offseason for the future of his career. The flames kept moving him back and forth from the AHL to NHL and it made him lose confidence. I hope Grenier gets the call. Sven could really benefit from not being disturbed and just playing great hockey in Utica.

yeah unless it's a gong show injury wise I'd keep him down there.

I think the Canucks would be silly to call Baertschi up right now. Let the guy finish his season in Utica, keep collecting points, play under a coach he is familiar with and clearly is helping his game, and remain confident entering a very important offseason for the future of his career. The flames kept moving him back and forth from the AHL to NHL and it made him lose confidence. I hope Grenier gets the call. Sven could really benefit from not being disturbed and just playing great hockey in Utica.

I agree with this post, especially with the Grenier call-up. The dude has been racking up more points than all of our prospects in the AHL (besides Baertschi himself) and I hear his defensive game isn't TOO bad anymore. It seemed alright to me when I watched a Utica game anyway. I mean it wasn't like "Wow! This dude is the next Datsyuk!" but more like "Hey! He's actually decent in his own zone!"

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Burrows is going to be suspended, we should totally give Grenier a shot.

I should have said McMillan but I haven't seen the back of his jersey enough. :rolleyes:

Burrows is not being suspended which is the right call anyway. What could Bieksa have said that would warrant a misconduct? I see he was not interviewed at the end of the game.

I should have said McMillan but I haven't seen the back of his jersey enough. :rolleyes:

Burrows is not being suspended which is the right call anyway. What could Bieksa have said that would warrant a misconduct? I see he was not interviewed at the end of the game.

That's what I'm dying to know. The ref seemed pretty quick to toss him so he must have said something pretty offside/inappropriate. While I acknowledge it wasn't the most tasteful thing to do, I'd love to hear what he said. The dude is pretty sharp, I'd be willing to bet it was at least a little funny.

• Upvote 1