The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

I'd rather sit kenins. He was poor tonight.

didn't see the game tonight.

but was kenins that bad defensively?

kenins was great all game until the final shift of the game when they got caught in their end for 50 seconds and he was completely gassed and failed to make a play at the point to get it out and change. basing his entire game on a single shift is ludacris. the horvat line was basically in the other teams zone all game long up until that point. OrrFour is so out to lunch on this, he's out to dinner

didn't see the game tonight.

but was kenins that bad defensively?

Not terrible (actually played well), but he did collide with Hansen that prevented the puck from getting out and led to the GWG (not really his fault).

He was throwing his body around though, which many players weren't.

I'd like to see some changes to our lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Matthias-Bonino-Vrbata

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

Kenins-Horvat-Dorsett

Edited by c00kies

kenins was great all game until the final shift of the game when they got caught in their end for 50 seconds and he was completely gassed and failed to make a play at the point to get it out and change. basing his entire game on a single shift is ludacris. the horvat line was basically in the other teams zone all game long up until that point. OrrFour is so out to lunch on this, he's out to dinner

That ^^^

Personally from what I've seen lately, if we were going to slot Sven in over anybody, it would be Matthias. Bump Higgins down to the Richardson line and put Baer on the Bonino line.

Not that I think that's actually going to happen but good golly Matthias was pissing me off last night with his middling, permiter play. He had I think one hit last night and even that was half-assed. A guy that size, with his speed should be wreaking havoc and laying the body. He's been about as physical as Vey lately. And GO TO THE @#$%'ing NET!!

Edited by J.R.

Personally from what I've seen lately, if we were going to slot Sven in over anybody, it would be Matthias. Bump Higgins down to the Richardson line and put Baer on the Bonino line.

Not that I think that's actually going to happen but good golly Matthias was pissing me off last night with his middling, permiter play. He had I think one hit last night and even that was half-assed. A guy that size, with his speed should be wreaking havoc and laying the body. He's been about as physical as Vey lately. And GO TO THE @#$%'ing NET!!

Damn straight.

It appears I'm the only one that actually liked Matthias' game last night lol. He took the puck down low and was able to protect the puck from the Flames with his body. I'd take Higgins out way before Matthias, especially since Sven plays a more finesse game, and I'd rather replace a finesse player with another finesse player.

It appears I'm the only one that actually liked Matthias' game last night lol. He took the puck down low and was able to protect the puck from the Flames with his body. I'd take Higgins out way before Matthias, especially since Sven plays a more finesse game, and I'd rather replace a finesse player with another finesse player.

Well he didn't fk up, but he just doesn't play as hard as we think he is capable of, especially since this is the playoffs.

Since I do not consider the Canucks a serious CUP contender these playoffs are all about experience for

the younger players and making decisions about player moves come June.

Higgins: is not a 2nd line forward. He is solid but does not produce points. I do not see the weakness in Matthias's game that you do. If Sven B was brought back up then he has to go 2LW. I doubt that happens. I like the idea of Matthias being tried at 2LW. He does handle the puck well and he might set up a shooter like Vrbata. Yes Matthias could be more physical. He was earlier in the year but after his injury never recovered that part of his game. During Higgins prolonged point drought Matthias never got a sniff of PP time. Again I do not understand what WD sees in Matthias's game that tells him not to give him a chance.

Horvat and Kennins: great game. IMO Kennin has serious upside next year.

Lack: Many great saves in a solid game for Eddie. IMHO Lack has the most to gain by a solid playoff. He

can nail down the starter job for next fall if he already hasn't.

Edited by Boudrias

mathias was slow as molasses last night but at least he is big and has 18 goals this year, just sit higgins and put beartschi on the second line with bonino and vrabata and am sick of seeing other teams have young skill guys flourish while we wait for an ice age to develop a player. Get Beartschi in there!

Since I do not consider the Canucks a serious CUP contender these playoffs are all about experience for

the younger players and making decisions about player moves come June.

Higgins: is not a 2nd line forward. He is solid but does not produce points. I do not see the weakness in Matthias's game that you do. If Sven B was brought back up then he has to go 2LW. I doubt that happens. I like the idea of Matthias being tried at 2LW. He does handle the puck well and he might set up a

shooter like Vrbata. Yes Matthias could be more physical. He was earlier in the year but after his injury never recovered that part of his game. During Higgins prolonged point drought Matthias never got a sniff of PP time. Again I do not understand what WD sees in Matthias's game that tells him not to give him a chance.

Horvat and Kennins: great game. IMO Kennin has serious upside next year.

Lack: Many great saves in a solid game for Eddie. IMHO Lack has the most to gain by a solid playoff. He

can nail down the starter job for next fall if he already hasn't.

I certainly agree Higgins has little to no place in our top 6, particularly next season.

Cookies...I have no idea where you get calling Higgins a "finesse" player? His game is all effort, board battles and good defensive coverage/PK and leadership. All good reasons to keep him in, on the Richardson line, in a checking role over Matthias.

As for protecting the puck...that's great, if you actually do something with it. I'm sorry but a guy with that size and speed needs to do more than just protect the puck on the permiter. That was about the only thing he did well last night.

Boudrias, Sven is already a more skilled player than Matthias. He'd do as well/better at setting Vrbata up.

I certainly agree Higgins has little to no place in our top 6, particularly next season.

Cookies...I have no idea where you get calling Higgins a "finesse" player? His game is all effort, board battles and good defensive coverage/PK and leadership. All good reasons to keep him in, on the Richardson line, in a checking role over Matthias.

As for protecting the puck...that's great, if you actually do something with it. I'm sorry but a guy with that size and speed needs to do more than just protect the puck on the permiter. That was about the only thing he did well last night.

Boudrias, Sven is already a more skilled player than Matthias. He'd do as well/better at setting Vrbata up.

I think Matthias should get a shot on the 2nd because of his ability to keep the puck and dish it off.

Sven B might do well there but that is likely next year. Matthias has produced 18 goals this year. Back

to my thesis that these playoffs are about making decisions about next year. I think Higgins will be gone but the jury might be out on Matthias. I want a look at what he can do.