The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Legit 2nd line centres are hard to come by. Not many better options than Bones. Most either would cost an arm and a leg to acquire or would cost too much money.

We might have a chance at signing Soderberg if we can dump some salary. Brad Richards and Mike Fisher are our other two options but they are old. Soderberg fits perfectly into that not too young, not to old category.

Horvat Horvat Horvat

Tbh I think Kass gets moved in the offseason for a pick or 2.

My lineup next year

Daniel Henrik Burrows

Sven-Bones-Vrby

Honey badger Bo Ronny

Dorsett-Richy-Higgins

Edited by MaxieMan98

Legit 2nd line centres are hard to come by. Not many better options than Bones. Most either would cost an arm and a leg to acquire or would cost too much money.

We might have a chance at signing Soderberg if we can dump some salary. Brad Richards and Mike Fisher are our other two options but they are old. Soderberg fits perfectly into that not too young, not to old category.

I'm willing to trade some of our depth at other positions for a legit 2nd line center.

Center and goal are the most important positions in hockey.

The sedins have two good yrs left and then our window closes for a few yrs.

That line up could easily be the set up come March next year. Kassian and Sven B still have a lot to

prove. Horvat as 2C is well within the realm of possibility considering his progression this year.

Bonino has been a disappointment but could come around. Frustrating for Vrbata who is the only top 6

quality player on the so called 2nd line.

I will still suggest that Kenins could be a big surprise next year. +200 pounds that can skate, handle the puck, has a wicked shot and will play physical. His destiny is not at 4LW.

Wha? Hes been pretty damn good id say. Especially for his cap hit. Better then I expected when we traded for him.

Wha? Hes been pretty damn good id say. Especially for his cap hit. Better then I expected when we traded for him.

Sorry but Bonino strikes me as a good 3C not a 2C on a CUP contending team. He might surprise next fall

but as it sits now I expect Horvat will end up as 2C next season. His FO % and creativity offensively puts him there IMO.

Sorry but Bonino strikes me as a good 3C not a 2C on a CUP contending team. He might surprise next fall

but as it sits now I expect Horvat will end up as 2C next season. His FO % and creativity offensively puts him there IMO.

Da SHpeed also.

Sand Bags Bonino just can't keep up in the playoffs

that's where i have him also. Maybe gaunce can anchor the 4th? Or do you think we resign Richardson?

I'd love to see Richie resigned. Isn't he the only guy on the roster with a ring? I'll admit I wasn't overly excited about the signing a couple years ago, after all he couldn't even crack their lineup, but he's quickly become one of my favourite Canucks. He competes as hard as anybody in the league, plays hard for every inch of ice out there, he's a good leader, etc etc. Plus he beat the crap outta Stajan the other day. If the money and cap situation makes sense, I'd love to see him back.

I really like Higgins too but I think we might see him go this summer. He's a tremendous third line player, penalty killer, and leader but we need to open some room. IMO Matthias is more expendable simply because somebody will likely offer him a contract too rich for us to match. The size and goal scoring production is going to be pretty alluring for teams . That being said, Baerschi as the 2LW and Higgy as the 3LW sounds pretty dam good to me.

I'd love to see Richie resigned. Isn't he the only guy on the roster with a ring? I'll admit I wasn't overly excited about the signing a couple years ago, after all he couldn't even crack their lineup, but he's quickly become one of my favourite Canucks. He competes as hard as anybody in the league, plays hard for every inch of ice out there, he's a good leader, etc etc. Plus he beat the crap outta Stajan the other day. If the money and cap situation makes sense, I'd love to see him back.

I really like Higgins too but I think we might see him go this summer. He's a tremendous third line player, penalty killer, and leader but we need to open some room. IMO Matthias is more expendable simply because somebody will likely offer him a contract too rich for us to match. The size and goal scoring production is going to be pretty alluring for teams . That being said, Baerschi as the 2LW and Higgy as the 3LW sounds pretty dam good to me.

All of our core players have the same experience minus the ring, game 7 of the cup finals.

Bones is fine as 2C until Horvat is ready. After that, Bones will make a fine checking 3C.

Same argument as I made with Higgins above, they're both a bit outmatched offensively in the top 6 but defensively they're fine. They will find much more success on the 3rd line.

Higgins could start the year as 2LW, and when he is ready, Baretschi switch out with him from 3LW.

Same deal between Bones and Horvat. It all depends on how the younger guys develop. It could be mid season or the following year.

When you talk Matthias or Higgins it is about upside and whether you are looking for a 2LW or 3LW. It

might be a stretch to think Sven B can come in as a 2LW. The way Willie roles his lines it might not make that much dif anyways. It might have as much to do with who the C is as well. Unlike Kesler it appears Horvat actually makes his line mates better. Matthias could easily have had another 5-6 goals

this season and the conversation about resigning him would be entirely different. I would have a lot of

trouble walking away from a player with that size and speed.

The Calgary-Vancouver series is not the real NHL world. When you look at the ANA-JET series you can see

where the NHL now is. Size does matter and Van does not have near enough.

When you talk Matthias or Higgins it is about upside and whether you are looking for a 2LW or 3LW. It

might be a stretch to think Sven B can come in as a 2LW. The way Willie roles his lines it might not make that much dif anyways. It might have as much to do with who the C is as well. Unlike Kesler it appears Horvat actually makes his line mates better. Matthias could easily have had another 5-6 goals

this season and the conversation about resigning him would be entirely different. I would have a lot of

trouble walking away from a player with that size and speed.

The Calgary-Vancouver series is not the real NHL world. When you look at the ANA-JET series you can see

where the NHL now is. Size does matter and Van does not have near enough.

matthias scores off the rush and does very little to help his line mates.

danny is better, sven is much better as a skill fwd, higgins and kenins are much better as checkers and put up better numbers, and matthias is so bad on face-offs that C isn't an option. hansen is faster and plays harder and is a right hand shot, burrows plays harder and is better, kassian is better and big, vrbata is better, dorsett is a beast, and vey is cheaper as a 14th. buh bye matthias, too bad you don't use your frame and have tunnel-vision

Edited by 2SKATES1STICK

Interesting to listen to the Calgary radio play by play man talk about SB. He willingly conceded his skill set but mentioned there's needs to be a big change in his attitude.

"Attitude problems" have become Calgary fanbase code for "we know he's good and we're pissed we don't have him". The second Feaster passed over Shinkaruk, they started playing the same tune.

• Upvote 1

"Attitude problems" have become Calgary fanbase code for "we know he's good and we're pissed we don't have him". The second Feaster passed over Shinkaruk, they started playing the same tune.

flames fans can piss off.

Right now I would scratch slow Bonino and Higgins for Baertschi and even Vey.

Bonino has been terrible pretty sure he is hurt tough to sit him out maybe just move him to wing.

Baertschi should take Higgins spot next year why not put him in now see what he can do. Higgins should be trade bait next year anyway.

Edited by Chip Kelly