The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

It's a huge risk calling up Baerstchi, it can go great or really bad because you know the Flames' will try to hit him and the thing is can he absorb a hit? We don't know this, therefore, it's a risk.

can tanev absorb a hit? - yes he can... The second line clearly isn't working sometimes a change is whats needed..

Sorry but one more Messiah to save Van's fate will not do the job. Sven B should stay in Utica and win a Calder Cup. Come to camp next fall ready to challenge.

There is a mind set in Van that has not changed for a long time. I think fans forget what the franchise was like before Burrows and Kesler showed up. Current conditions are not that bad but there are still

an issue about being able to play more than a finesse game. Calgary is beating Van physically and adding

Sven B will not change that.

• Upvote 2

I think this series is over.

Flames are beating us to a pulp physically. We don't seem to hold up defensively. 2nd line has gone AWOL. Can't seem to finish or bury our chances.

IF Calgary wins tomorrow (which I expect them to do), this series is over. I cannot see 'Nux winning four straight to take this series.

Well, it's a bonus that this team made a playoffs. I didn't expect them to win, or go very far (if even past the 1st round).

• Upvote 2

Flames are beating us to a pulp physically. We don't seem to hold up defensively. 2nd line has gone AWOL. Can't seem to finish or bury our chances.

IF Calgary wins tomorrow (which I expect them to do), this series is over. I cannot see 'Nux winning four straight to take this series.

Well, it's a bonus that this team made a playoffs. I didn't expect them to win, or go very far (if even past the 1st round).

Well then it sure it a good thing they wouldn't have to win four straight.

• Upvote 2

We can beat them to a pulp too if we choose to. They are not 2011 Boston Bruins. They are a bunch of plugs with star juniors and Ferland.

We can beat them to a pulp too if we choose to. They are not 2011 Boston Bruins. They are a bunch of plugs with star juniors and Ferland.

I'm not so sure. I'm going to wait and see what happens next game. But the Canucks haven't "chosen" to beat the Flames to a pulp just yet. And correct me if I'm wrong, but these "bunch of plugs with star juniors and Ferland" are leading the series 2-1.

4 straight? is it a best of 9 series or something?

Next year will be exciting.

Hopefully Baertschi and Horvat work hard during the summer and have great training camps. Then we can look forward to have a legit 2nd line with;

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

I'd be baffled if the 2nd line is kept the same next season, barring any surprises during this postseason.

What's that famous hockey saying, 'it's a process'. I don't think the Canucks are out yet but we will

see what they are made of. IMHO it all centers around d-zone play. In Game #2 they were moving out of

the zone quite easily and it was generating a lot of offensive chances. Game #3 it was almost like every play was being 2nd guessed as they made it. When momentum is against you making safe plays can

frustrate the opposition, even in a mad house like the Saddledome. Get down a goal and pressure rachets up.

I have been saying all season that the Canucks are not serious contenders and I actually did not think

they would make playoffs. They did and they should actually be able to beat Calgary. It makes little

dif other than the experience the younger players will get from this. It will also give Benning a

clearer idea of what this club needs. Easy to say but the biggest need is a #1 D-Man. There are probably another 20 NHL clubs who would say the same thing.

• Upvote 1

Wow...I'm surprised you got through writing this post without quitting.

Edited by Canorth
  • Upvote 3

Horvat plays against bottom 6 players. There's a big difference between top 6 and bottom 6.

They're developing him and want him in a position to succeed. If they bring him along too fast they might blow it. He has improved so much this year already it is an assumption to think that he will continue to progress at the same rate.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'll end up the 2C. The question is when. I think he starts the year at 3C and they see how it goes.

• Upvote 2

The lineup next season should be

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Sven-Bo-Vrbata

Burrows-McCann-Hansen

Kenins-Richardson-Dorsett

Vey

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Corrado

Hutton-Bieksa

Weber

Lack

Markstrom

IMO Bonino,Higgins,Miller,Hamhuis should be traded and Matthais should walk

PP1

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Edler-Weber

PP2

Sven-Bo-Vrbata

Tanev-McCann

The lineup next season should be

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Sven-Bo-Vrbata

Burrows-McCann-Hansen

Kenins-Richardson-Dorsett

Vey

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Corrado

Hutton-Bieksa

Weber

Lack

Markstrom

IMO Bonino,Higgins,Miller,Hamhuis should be traded and Matthais should walk

PP1

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Edler-Weber

PP2

Sven-Bo-Vrbata

Tanev-McCann

Defense looks really weak without Hamhuis. Hutton's not making the team next year, Clendening has a better chance.

Hamhuis is a top 2 on this team whether you like it or not.

Sorry but one more Messiah to save Van's fate will not do the job. Sven B should stay in Utica and win a Calder Cup. Come to camp next fall ready to challenge.

There is a mind set in Van that has not changed for a long time. I think fans forget what the franchise was like before Burrows and Kesler showed up. Current conditions are not that bad but there are still

an issue about being able to play more than a finesse game. Calgary is beating Van physically and adding

Sven B will not change that.

Why is everyone so down on this team?

Were down 2-1, big deal , remember the leader of 94' is leading this squad as well, be patient and you might be surprised with what our guys come up with,

BTW props to Burrows, he is the F'ing man.

THAT"S how you play playoff hockey,

Crush their skilled weaker players then if anyone gets in your face about it, knock em' the f@#k out.

Burrows reminded me what the playoffs are all about today,

It should be an all out war, and for Burrows it is,

The more time goes by, the more I see 14 raised to the rafters someday,

• Upvote 1