The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Wow...I'm surprised you got through writing this post without quitting.

LOL.

just my opinion as I've heard the games (on radio, don't have the chance to watch them, been busy with work). this team is resilient, but Calgary seems like they're playing the right way. i guess we'll see where this team is at by this time tomorrow night.

they're either 2-2 going back home to van, or they're down 3-1, with the Flames having a stranglehold on the series.

I think this series is over.

Flames are beating us to a pulp physically. We don't seem to hold up defensively. 2nd line has gone AWOL. Can't seem to finish or bury our chances.

IF Calgary wins tomorrow (which I expect them to do), this series is over. I cannot see 'Nux winning four straight to take this series.

:picard:

just my opinion as I've heard the games (on radio, don't have the chance to watch them, been busy with work).

Clearly you need to be taking advice from Nuck Nit, as he can direct you how to properly watch your radio and thereby make all sorts of authoritative prognostications.

• Upvote 1

It's a huge risk calling up Baerstchi, it can go great or really bad because you know the Flames' will try to hit him and the thing is can he absorb a hit? We don't know this, therefore, it's a risk.

SB has over 150 pro-games under his belt including 69 at the NHL level. Bennett had 1 NHL game to his credit when CGY put him in the line-up. You say it is a risk. I say it is an investment into the future of this prospect.

And it's not like they aren't already taking massive runs at everyone in blue/green anyway - putting him in the line-up won't make them take bigger runs at this particular player. If they do, then VAN should be able to capitalize on their poor decisons hopefully.

I'm guessing the line-up will look something like this with him in:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Baertschi Vey - Bonino - Higgins

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

9967845.jpg

:sadno:

Edited by NHL'er
  • Upvote 1

Sucks, Vrbata couldn't get anything going with Bonino and Higgins, going to be hard for Baertschi to.

Hope the lines are different and he's on the pp.

You never know - Baertschi was pretty high energy in his games up. He might stand a better chance of sparking the line as opposed to Vrbata's calming influence.

baerchi with two goals tonight watch him burn flames thats truculence for you :)

Wouldn't it be nice to watch SB make a positive impact tonight & show everyone why you never trade within your division......Hockey Gods are you out there.....?