The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Burrows | #14 | RW

-SN-

7 hours ago, Fakename70 said:

You forgot to list even 1 reason why Hansen would waive his NTC. You also neglected to list GM's you believe would trade for Alex Burrows rather than wait for him to be bought out if they want him so bad. 

His NTC is only limited, meaning he'll have to give a list of teams he will/will not accept a trade to.

3 minutes ago, c00kies said:

His NTC is only limited, meaning he'll have to give a list of teams he will/will not accept a trade to.

Meaning: Hansen has veto power. Armchair CDC GM's sure do love trading players with a NTC. Particularly those who've shown zero indication they've even considered waiving it. 

On June 11, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Qwags said:

I don't know about you guys, but I would rather have Burrows play out his final year.

Unless JB picks up a lot of salary via trade or June 1st it looks like he very well will.

One more year of the dragon-slayer - we could do a lot worse on the pk and 4th line.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

It doesn't look like Benning can find a big second line LW'er via trade so it probably makes sense to put Burrows there and let Beartchi develop with less pressure on the third line. 

Sedin Sedin Erikson

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Beartchi Horvat Rodin
Etem Grandlund Dorsett

Guance 

Hutton Tanev

Edler Gudbranson

Sbisa Tyramkin

Pedan Larson 

Miller

Markstrom 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/08/2016 at 11:38 PM, kenhodgejr said:

It doesn't look like Benning can find a big second line LW'er via trade so it probably makes sense to put Burrows there and let Beartchi develop with less pressure on the third line. 

Sedin Sedin Erikson

Burrows Sutter Hansen

Beartchi Horvat Rodin
Etem Grandlund Dorsett

Guance 

Hutton Tanev

Edler Gudbranson

Sbisa Tyramkin

Pedan Larson 

Miller

Markstrom 

Exactly what I think we will start with. This makes perfect sense as well as lets all the kids ease back into the season and if need be move em up or into the line up (jake. V) it also give burrows the much deserved chance to have at least 1 more shot at high minute opertunities. Who knows for sure what will happen! 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

He's older, so perhaps he just needs to shake the rust off a bit longer.

I know his stats have been decreasing rapidly, but I still always felt he found ways to get scoring chances.  This season, however, he's looked almost invisible.  You look at the chances and energy that someone like Gaunce or even Labate or Rendulic bring, and it's hard to understand what place Burrows would have if he doesn't pick it up.

One short handed goal in his last four seasons before that he had 16 SH goals definitely lost a step or two.. Not really a body checker and others have taken up with the twins and on the pk. Gaunce is better for the 3rd or 4th line and pk .LaBate hits, Ruutu is playing tougher and can still score. Refs still hate him.

Heck Jackman hung em up.

Maybe player coach in Utica. Burr would be good for our young guys.

On 10/1/2016 at 1:45 AM, MickVega said:

I know it's sacrilege even writing this but after the first few preseason games does anyone else feels like there's just better options than Burr at this moment? Ugh, I feel dirty now. 

Probably anyone from the American league, and half the guys from Europe.  To be fair, he's probably a better bet than most ECHLers though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, reyezone said:

Burr's lack of foot speed is a bit troubling. 

Dorsett's saving grace is he can wheel. I see these guys as occupying a similar space- other than the fact that Dorsett appears to enjoy having his face used for a punching bag. 

It seems Burr is getting a walk-in judging from Willies post game. He says "Burrows doesn't need to play every night" I read that as saying he is not being assessed.

Given how Dorsett plays (whole hearted in yer face gritty) so often I find it a bit rich that Burr who did not perform as well as Dorsett last season gets a free pass yet Dorsett appears to be playing for his place.

Willie also seemed to suggest that Stecher, Ruutu, Rodin, Rendulic, LaBate, Gaunce were all well in the running. Where are they all going to fit in?They can't all take Etem's spot.

Edited by alfstonker
  • Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

It seems Burr is getting a walk-in judging from Willies post game. He says "Burrows doesn't need to play every night" I read that as saying he is not being assessed.

Given how Dorsett plays (whole hearted in yer face gritty) so often I find it a bit rich that Burr who did not perform as well as Dorsett last season gets a free pass yet Dorsett appears to be playing for his place.

Willie also seemed to suggest that Stecher, Ruutu, Rodin, Rendulic, LaBate, Gaunce were all well in the running. Where are they all going to fit in?They can't all take Etem's spot.

Isn't that one of the issues with WD - playing (or not playing in this case) favorites?

I wonder how the guys in the locker room see WD?  Not what they say publicly, but their honest feelings about things.  Maybe, we got a peak into how some feel when the Twins spoke out about the rookies last season?  Rookies were playing, and maybe they (in the minds of the other players) they didn't deserve it?