Patrick Kane

Sidney Crosby

Nathan MacKinnon

Leon Draisaitl

Joe Pavelski

Jakub Voracek

Corey Perry

Artemi Panarin

Now read that list and let that sink in for a minute....

And this while still being willing to stick up for your team...

Arise Sir Dorsett....

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Now read that list and let that sink in for a minute....

And this while still being willing to stick up for your team...

... and his hitting is as good as ever; something 3/4 of that list has difficulty doing at any significant level.  Physical play is certainly something we need, given our relative lack of such players.

I just wish he would just pick it up a bit. Now he's on pace for just 49 points so he's regressing as the season wears on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kloubek said:

... and his hitting is as good as ever; something 3/4 of that list has difficulty doing at any significant level.  Physical play is certainly something we need, given our relative lack of such players.

I just wish he would just pick it up a bit. Now he's on pace for just 49 points so he's regressing as the season wears on.

:ph34r::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear this devestaing news for Derek..  Derek has given it his “everything” thru his career, and this season was looking to be his best, looking like a new age “Steamer”.

Stay healthy and strong DD, there are other ways to contribute to the game, you still have a lot to offer.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2017 at 3:35 PM, 189lb enforcers? said:

JB might draft a Tkachuck this season.

That would be a departure! 

I don't see JB being the type of GM stooping that low to draft Dbag players.   If he is like his brother MT, most teams (Canucks included) will pass.   Perhaps he isn't like his Dad/brother though.

Pleased that DD's last NHL games were some of his best.   Very tough for him as you never know when retirement is a reality but more often than not, it doesn't come this brutally quickly and so beyond your control.   

I know this is a callous question at this time, but does his CAP hit come off the booked immediately due to this?

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Pleased that DD's last NHL games were some of his best.   Very tough for him as you never know when retirement is a reality but more often than not, it doesn't come this brutally quickly and so beyond your control.   

I know this is a callous question at this time, but does his CAP hit come off the booked immediately due to this?

Does indeed sound callous, but is a legitimate question.

I believe that he remains on the active roster and goes on LTIR, and we can go over the salary cap by the same amount as his contract.  (2.65m).  If he outright retires instead of going on LTIR, I believe we eat that cap for this year and the next.

Team first guy.  Showed up every night/shift.  Never bitched or complained - no drama. Worked hard for everything and appreciated his opportunity.  Respected the game and always had his teammates backs.  Steps away when life and family matter more than money.

This is what I love about hockey and the NHL as a professional sports league in particular (not as much recently I must admit) 

He epitomizes a "character guy" 

All the best Derek. 

Edited by Borvat
  • Like 1