The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Derek Dorsett | #15 | RW

-SN-

Dorsett's big night caused him to jump a bunch on the all-time scoring list.

142.  Marc Crawford LW 176 19 31 50
143.  Derek Dorsett RW 171 17 33 50
144.  Dan Hodgson C 74 16 33 49
145.  Jason Garrison D 128 15 34 49
146.  Brent Ashton C 124 23 25 48
147.  Bill Muckalt RW 106 20 28 48
148.  Tom Fergus C 80 19 29 48
149.  Manny Malhotra C 159 18 30 48
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Dorsett's big night caused him to jump a bunch on the all-time scoring list.

142.  Marc Crawford LW 176 19 31 50
143.  Derek Dorsett RW 171 17 33 50
144.  Dan Hodgson C 74 16 33 49
145.  Jason Garrison D 128 15 34 49
146.  Brent Ashton C 124 23 25 48
147.  Bill Muckalt RW 106 20 28 48
148.  Tom Fergus C 80 19 29 48
149.  Manny Malhotra C 159 18 30 48

Remarkably similar numbers to Crawford.

Just now, Wilbur said:

Yeah, noticed that.  Pretty similar players too, if I remember correctly.  Although I guess Dorsett fights more.

And it's worth noting that Crawford had those numbers in the 80s. Dorsett is likely the more offensively skilled player.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

And it's worth noting that Crawford had those numbers in the 80s. Dorsett is likely the more offensively skilled player.

True Crawford was more of a 4th liner to AHL tweener to Dorsett's 3/4th liner.  I think people often overlook Dorsett's offense because he's not "elite".

• Upvote 1

The question was whether Dorsett could come back after his injury. He plays a style hard on the body. Never forget that video of him on the tractor back on the farm in Saskatchewan. Never under estimate the ability or hard work of a farm boy from the prairies. Just as I liked Hansen as a transition vet for the rebuild I also liked Dorsett. Everyone excited about his big ppg game but he does not have to put up big numbers to be effective.

• Upvote 1

On 2016-06-15 at 1:02 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Not a fan of Dorsett or guys like him like Too too they are useless come playoff time when you have to play hockey.

Anytime Dorsett is on the ice is where puck posseion dies. Great contract for "leadership" makes Sbisa contract almost look decent.:angry:

Hey Chip - was going through some old posts and wondered if you still feel the same way about DD given his start this season?

Dorsett is only 30....  

I'd love to extend him at his current rate even if he slows down and doesn't score another goal for the rest of the year.  Love his compete level.

I never disliked or crapped on Dorsett, but I've never really give him any credit either.  He deserves some credit from me, It's not just the scoring start to the season, he's really working out there, and that attitude is what we need for a quicker turnaround with our rebuild.  We've had a lot of mid-level talent in the past 4 seasons and I lumped Dorsett in that group. I didn't really give him much consideration, he was a role player who's talent could be replaced by any number of the Kenins' Cracknells of the league.  I think I was missing his intangibles.  He can score in the right situations, and he's a perfect energy role guy.  I'm glad he's here for this incarnation of the Canucks.  

3 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Hey Chip - was going through some old posts and wondered if you still feel the same way about DD given his start this season?

It's still early but so far so good.

It looks like Dorsett is walking the walk after he said he thought he was an everyday player.

Avoiding fighting and hitting and focusing more on just playing hockey has served him well so far.

He will avoid injuries not having to play a kamikaze style instead of thinking his role is as only a tough guy.

Credit for Travis Green believing in him and not pigeon holing his role on the team.

What a difference a year makes.

• Upvote 1