The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Emerson Etem | #26 | RW

-SN-

He showed some signs at the next of the season last year. Please Etem put it all together if you make the team. Maybe he can become a Hansen type. Can play up and down the lineup and chip in offensively every once and a while. 20 points next year playing in the bottom six is what I hope for from Etem

13 hours ago, Outsiders said:

He showed some signs at the next of the season last year. Please Etem put it all together if you make the team. Maybe he can become a Hansen type. Can play up and down the lineup and chip in offensively every once and a while. 20 points next year playing in the bottom six is what I hope for from Etem

I think Etem-Horvat-Rodin could be a dangerous 3rd line.

I liked the trade, and I liked what I saw from Etem at various stages. He ended the season strongly, and I have high hopes for him next season. Anything remotely resembling a 15-15-30 season for him is a big positive for us next season - and I believe he'll do just that.

Prediction - Etem becomes a Canuck favourite.

Looking at his production growth in both the W and the A, and taking into account that he's big-ish and fast-ish, I'm predicting an ascent up the lineup.

We might just start seeing the beginning of that this year (say 15-15-30 like the poster above said), but that could very likely turn into continued production in the following season and beyond.

It's funny how everyone (aside from Vrbata) just comes to life offensively when paired with Horvat.

Baertschi

Virtanen

Kenins

Hansen

Dorsett

Etem

All of those guys except Hansen played their best hockey while on a line with Horvat.

If Horvat is the 3C next season, I really hope Etem is on his wing. Their styles complimented each other great at the end of the season. Horvat gets it to the net and Etem bangs in the rebound. Etem digs it out on the board and Horvat hits the one timer. 

5 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

It's funny how everyone (aside from Vrbata) just comes to life offensively when paired with Horvat.

Baertschi

Virtanen

Kenins

Hansen

Dorsett

Etem

All of those guys except Hansen played their best hockey while on a line with Horvat.

If Horvat is the 3C next season, I really hope Etem is on his wing. Their styles complimented each other great at the end of the season. Horvat gets it to the net and Etem bangs in the rebound. Etem digs it out on the board and Horvat hits the one timer. 

And Puliarvi is on the other wing. :rolleyes:

Etem looked great with Horvat at the end of the year. Didn't he finish off with 5 goals in the last 7 or something ridiculous? He might just be on the verge of putting it together. 

I have him in our middle six, preferably on the RW, with JV being the other. Of course things could change if we add a forward in free agency, but I think Etem will carve out a spot on this team. 

Any guesses as to his contract? I hope he gets what Granlund got, 2 years at a reasonable 950k. Should try to keep these guys cheap before they take off in production. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I thought he was a lock for a middle 6 winger spot the way he was playing at the end of the year. 850,500 is nothing to qualify... a standard 15% raise on that would keep both sides happy. Qualify him!

He's on a one-way deal and they might prefer getting him signed to a two-way contract instead with a more reasonable salary at the AHL level - 850K vs probably around 80K.  

Just now, mll said:

Deadline is 30 June.

Wow!  That's cutting it close then, waiting until the draft.  I wonder if Etem's getting qualified depends on who we draft then?  If we get Tkatchuk, maybe there is no spot for Etem?

Archived