The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Emerson Etem | #26 | RW

-SN-

Who knows what Etem will become.  I see a speedy guy, good-sized guy who works hard, but that could be said of many players who never made a name for themselves.  He has the tools to be better than a bottom 6 guy, but I'd be quite surprised if he ever found himself in the position to man a wing on a 2nd line.

Glad to get him re-signed.  He brings the speed and size we can use even if it's only on a 4th line role.

Really like Emerson, seems like a great teammate, and a good person. Can't ask much more from a player than to try their hardest, and he gives me that impression.

I think he's going to have a good year, 15 goals, 30 points, hopefully on Bo's wing.

Have a feeling he's going to have a good year and get swept up by Las Vegas.

I like this signing, I like the money.

Etem is going to have a breakout year.

There were good signs at the close of last year... normally when players are tailing off, he was getting better.

He will put up 25 pts and become much more of an impact physical player.

I see him becoming a driving force for a young energized 4th line.

I staved off the Etem hatewagon last year because he cost us virtually nothing but he really needs to break out this coming season.

People say there were signs of this last year and I disagree. The guy is physical, has wheels, and likes to go to the net but he wasn't close to performing at half the level he was projected at. I hope, for his sake, that his numbers really pick up. 

On 7/3/2016 at 10:04 AM, Kenny Powers said:

Does anyone have anecdotal evidence that corroborates what JV said about the Twins riding their bikes to Grouse Mountain right before climbing it in 37 minutes?

No-one should ever doubt the conditioning of the twins, and with JV and EE training with those two off and on during the summer it's a win win scenario.

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

Does anyone have anecdotal evidence that corroborates what JV said about the Twins riding their bikes to Grouse Mountain right before climbing it in 37 minutes?

No-one should ever doubt the conditioning of the twins, and with JV and EE training with those two off and on during the summer it's a win win scenario.

Agreed, but training doesn't necessarily mean keeping up lol. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2016 at 9:43 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

I like this signing, I like the money.

Etem is going to have a breakout year.

There were good signs at the close of last year... normally when players are tailing off, he was getting better.

He will put up 25 pts and become much more of an impact physical player.

I see him becoming a driving force for a young energized 4th line.

I think Etem is ready to break out next season as well.  

On 7/5/2016 at 10:04 PM, Green Building said:

It was just Daniel from what I recall JV saying, and the clip was from 1040 (can't remember the event but it was Canucks related). 

On 2016-05-29 at 11:16 PM, Outsiders said:

He showed some signs at the next of the season last year. Please Etem put it all together if you make the team. Maybe he can become a Hansen type. Can play up and down the lineup and chip in offensively every once and a while. 20 points next year playing in the bottom six is what I hope for from Etem

I know that Etem is way better than that, if he can put some heart into his game and bring honest effort every shift, i don't think that 30pts would be out of the question for Etem.

Consistency will be the big thing with Etem like most young forwards. He really heated up at the end of the season, hopefully he can bring that consistent scoring into the start of next season because if he can hit 10-15 goals as a 3rd or 4th liner we'll have hit the jackpot. 20 goals is a stretch but not out of the question depending on how he starts the year.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

On pace to score 16 or so goals last year. Lets hope he has found his confidence and starts out strong maybe towards 20-25 goals would be good.

He really started to understand the way he needs to play to have success in this league.

I think every player that puts up big points in junior has an adjustment period to learn what their limits are when they get to the bigs. He seemed to go through that early on. 

His game is most successful when he's battling below the hashmarks, along the boards, and winning puck battles. I loved seeing the confidence he had to take the puck hard to the net at the end of last season. Hopefully he keeps playing that simplified game.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

He really started to understand the way he needs to play to have success in this league.

I think every player that puts up big points in junior has an adjustment period to learn what their limits are when they get to the bigs. He seemed to go through that early on. 

His game is most successful when he's battling below the hashmarks, along the boards, and winning puck battles. I loved seeing the confidence he had to take the puck hard to the net at the end of last season. Hopefully he keeps playing that simplified game.

I felt the same way.  I'd really like to see Etem carry on as he was towards the end of the season.  If he's figuring it out, that's great.

I never looked him up before.  In 11/12 he went 61-46-107 in Medicine Hat of all places.  That's even better than Linden Vey!

Etem can be our answer to Tkachuk

Archived