The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Didn't know anything about Gaunce. Thanks everyone for the good info on our newest Canuck. From his description here he sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Finally, along with last years pick of Labate, we are stocking up with gritty, power forward prospects that can play at the center position.

At 207 lb's at such a young age and being in Gary Robert's nutrient program, he could get even bigger. He seems like the big, 2-way player with soft hands.

he's actually 215, according to most sites. 207 is probably out of date.

Figured he would go quite a bit higher so I didn't read much about him. Will be really cool to see if he can reach his potential. The neat thing about him is that his skill set is one that could actually allow him to break into the league first as a defensive center so who knows...maybe we'll see him in a Canucks uniform sooner rather than later!

The team has shifted from a relatively small team to a big power team very quickly.

Booth

Kesler

Kassian

Jensen

Gaunce

Size and Power. The Power Rangers!!

Yeah. So much for Gillis saying after the Bruins series that there wouldn't be any changes to his philosophy of building a team. Obviously the loss stung hard and he made an equally hard right turn to make the team bigger.

This guy seems like a safe pick. A bottom 6 checker (as Kesler was once regarded) who may surprise and develop into a solid two-way top six player.

Where's my main man Miller??!!?

Let's get some Miller time going in this thread!

Honestly, I know almost nothing about this particular player but I like the reputed positive character traits (can't see a guy like this whining about icetime) and the player style comparisons. Dubinsky, Staal (poor man's version), & Ryan O'Reilly. Looks like a perfect fit for our 3rd line duties and it sounds like he'll be NHL ready in a year or two (or three at the latest).

apparently he was one of the fastest at the top prospects testing, and one of the strongest at the combine. good stuff, i have a feeling people will harp on his skating, much like cody, but it won't be a real issue (much like cody)

Jordan Staal's speed and agility in tight spaces was also questioned when he was drafted. Hopefully Gaunce is powerful enough to play through those weaknesses like Staal did.

He's surprisingly good at interviews. Most of these prospects aren't. Maybe that's a sign of his maturity.

I was hoping the Canucks would draft him or Collberg, so I have no complaints. I didn't think he would be available at 26.

It's also good to see that he willingly sticks up for his teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0XYbhIa-2U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkdJm46MtAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLKUSuyJl_8

• Upvote 2